Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: The (un)known missing levels.

Post by tatu »

this is from the debug file..

\tres_millennium\shell generator\plains\Plains.tresed" does not exist.

what is it? or what else do you need.
There is no Plains.tresed file. Is the level named "Plains.tresed"? If so, do you have files named "Plains.tresed-130.swp" etc in that folder? Don't use dots in your level name, it will probably cause issues. GeomAdd dislike if the folder path have "-" in their name as well.
"After having copied the Build 55 level files and TPA files into a fresh retail (or demo) install of Trespasser, and having used fixOcclusion with the Build .pid files and TPAupdate with the Build 55 .tpa files, replace the original Build 55 .grf and .scn files with the ones contained inside this archive."

What do I have to do here.. I dont understand.
Just like it says. (Though the info you copied are for Build 55 and not 32.)

1. Copy the PH files from Build 32 to a folder of your pick.
2. Replace PH.scn and PH.grf with the files from the retail compatibility patch.
3. You will also need Pid reWrite: https://www.trescom.org/download/pid-rewrite/
4. Drag-and-drop PH-120.pid onto Pid reWrite to get a PH-130.pid file.
5. Rename PH-120.swp to PH-130.swp.
6. The level should now run in TresEd.

Please note that PH won't be properly runnable in the engine. The AI don't work properly, neither does Anne. As both are earlier versions of them.
A lot of objects will also have the wrong Geometry type assigned to them (as earlier builds only used 1 Geometry type). So if you import these into another level, you may have to change these in order for the objects to work. GeomAdd will report if an object is the wrong Geometry type. These are some basic stuff you will learn along the way.
But as TI has said. Start small, modify another level to understand how things work. There has only been a few bigger projects that have seen a somewhat proper release. The TC Ops levels are the main one. JPDS was released but not fully finished. The Isla Sorna mod is quite big but a lot was already there, but even then there was a lot of issues along the way.
Doing a project alone takes time, even a smaller project can take months, or even years. So don't rush anything. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Screenshot (227).png
Screenshot (227).png (183.41 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
Screenshot (226).png
Screenshot (226).png (196.72 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
the pid reWrite is what I diod not have.. now.. curious.. what is the following problem?
Screenshot (229).png
Screenshot (229).png (1.53 MiB) Viewed 2433 times
Screenshot (228).png
Screenshot (228).png (1.93 MiB) Viewed 2433 times
Nevermind.. I gues I fixed it.. thanks Tatu.. I do not have sound here though.. is there sound on these levels or whats wrong? BTW —I am able to play the level here the ph level is working without sound.
tatu

Post by tatu »

The AI will not work, as they only have basic scripting, and their bones don't work in retail.

You probably don't have sound as the sounds are not in retail. You can use TPAupdate from the download section and drag-and-drop the TPAs from build 32 to convert them. Then make a backup of the ones you have in your /data folder and use the ones from build 32 instead. That should help. And PH is missing a lot of sounds overall, I believe it doesn't have any Ambient triggers, and a lot of objects are probably missing a sound applied to them.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Ok the I can work on the easiest things and leave it be for now. After I have a version of the plains in and the pie valley set. I will go back and do some simpler thing on beach and jungle road. I do have an altered version I did a while back or someone did that is basically what I want in that respect I also found a altered version of town that was turned into plains which will work for the ideas I have.

I am keeping some notes on what needs to be done with what level and working on smaller stuff in the meantime. What I wanted for now was to build it all up and I can take the old files I don’t need and zip them up and put them elsewhere.
tatu

Post by tatu »

It will be fun to see your Plains version. Specially as there hasn't really been any fan attempt to really make it. :)

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I will be posting pics in the next week or so. It won’t mean is ready to play but will give you a sneak peak at what’s working on.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

tatu wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:47 pm The AI will not work, as they only have basic scripting, and their bones don't work in retail.
I am removing virtually everything from the plantation house level and starting fresh with the terrain and buildings. Things that don’t move woill stay everything else will probably be replaced and I plan on putting the proper sounds in as well.

The town level has already been changed and nearly complete to go right into the plains. The plains level I am using is the same is the town level however the terrain has been drastically altered. Once it is how I want the level itself will take screenshots and post them here.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:08 am I am removing virtually everything from the plantation house level and starting fresh with the terrain and buildings. Things that don’t move woill stay everything else will probably be replaced and I plan on putting the proper sounds in as well.
In that case, you might want to generate entirely new level files using GUIApp and start from scratch, copying the .WTD file from the original PH level to your new version. Deleting objects in your level can cause problems, like broken magnets or even crashes. You'd be better off importing things one-by-one to a new level instead.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

In that case, you might want to generate entirely new level files using GUIApp and start from scratch, copying the .WTD file from the original PH level to your new version. Deleting objects in your level can cause problems, like broken magnets or even crashes. You'd be better off importing things one-by-one to a new level instead.
That might be a great idea thank you. Might do that for the plains as well then no attachments and easier build. Thanks very much
Last edited by tatu on Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken "Quote" tag.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Screenshot (231).png
Screenshot (231).png (2.23 MiB) Viewed 2271 times
Screenshot (230).png
Screenshot (230).png (2 MiB) Viewed 2271 times
look at the dates.. this is not the same day. I do have a question though. I want to change the terrain dirt and grass elements, they are in the basement, however I cannot figure out how to put them on the terrain, and I need a way to get the ocean in a level that does not have it. I have the ocean object, just not allowing me to import it.. might be something wrrong with my object folder. but mostly need to therrain changed and the dirt and grass to be on it, how can I do that?
tatu

Post by tatu »

For terrain objects, click the terrain icon right to the "I" on the menu bar. That will allow you to copy, move, delete terrain objects.

As for your import issues. More information is needed. Is GeomAdd giving you any error message or anything?

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Geomadd is doing literally nothing as if I never selected anything is like frozen. I just wonder if the models are bad is why is not reading it.

Is there a book for the editor? I can’t find one.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:20 pm Geomadd is doing literally nothing as if I never selected anything is like frozen. I just wonder if the models are bad is why is not reading it.

Is there a book for the editor? I can’t find one.
No, there is no manual. Generally speaking though, if GeomAdd freezes up it more than likely means that your grf file is messed up, so if
it can't complete an import, the program will simply hang (or freeze, if you prefer that term). I imagine a corrupt model file would do the
same.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Screenshot (232).png
Screenshot (232).png (1.85 MiB) Viewed 2184 times
Ok then. I will see if I can get another copy of the ocean to put on the file I am working on. Pictures above. Will work on everything else I need then worry about the ocean. It will be a pretty large area. I tried to get a good flat part for plains and I believe this will work when details are sorted.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Looks good. It is difficult to get the scale of it. It looks like the terrain objects have been scaled up. I would recommend keeping their default size and just use more of them instead :)