Gooples Dinosaur releases & Showcase !New pack!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: 2 Dinosaur release.

Post by gooplieslime »

Just porting the Alive Dominion Trex to Trespasser.

Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Gathering new friends or allies.
Reaching out for the marvelous world out there
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Some quick screenshot of the trex in TresEd

Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

He looks downright mean.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

For whatever reason, it feels more movie accurate with the face expression than Trespasser :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Think ima prob move them to like another thread, with like dinosaurs I'm porting to Trespasser.

Profile done by Mortis.

tatu

Post by tatu »

gooplieslime wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:26 pm Think ima prob move them to like another thread, with like dinosaurs I'm porting to Trespasser.
You could edit your first post and change the name of this topic if you want, so it becomes your topic for your dinosaurs :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: 2 Dinosaur release + New Dinosaur/ New Model uploads

Post by Nick3069 »

That JWA T. Rex and Dominion Giga look fantastic. The JWE Giga looks a little too low poly for my taste though, which is sad because I much prefer that design over the one from Dominion.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That Rex is pretty neat! Would love to see it in action. Looks a bit too skinny for my taste, the classic JP Rex is very chunky by comparison. Probably intentional on the part of the JW character designers as the Rex is likely supposed to look older than it did in JP. Really like the JW game's giganotosaur design over whatever the heck that's supposed to be on the right though.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Just want to point out that higher poly Dinos may bog the engine more, and there are limits to vertices assigned to individual bones. I support lower poly meshes to help level stability.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

gooplieslime wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:06 am
TheIdiot wrote:
gooplieslime wrote:I got real evidence I totally ported a Jurassic World model to a lower poly model
Not too bad, did you completely replace the model with a new one? And what's the face count like? You might be able to go a bit higher with your detail as CE seems to support models up to 3071 faces.

The model is basically the same one from the game, but I lowered its face count, and now it has 966 Faces.
That makes it similar to the JPOG T-Rex...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Admittedly the JPOG one has a rather wide head.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:48 am Admittedly the JPOG one has a rather wide head.
Yeah it's definitely a bit off overall. The face is way wrong as well compared to the movie's Rexes - I modified it a fair bit for RTJP to try and get it closer to the movie Rex but it was never perfect. The JWE Rex shown here also definitely looks a bit off compared to the original one, I believe they based it directly on the CGI model for JW which looks quite different from the JP1 Rex (especially the face and overall mass).
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I'm speaking about the polycount... the JPOG one has 1024 triangles (after merging a few ones, as it was a little over the limit, something like 1028)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

There was a furious debate on the internet about the JW Rex. Officially, their CGI model was said to be a careful combination of the JP1 CGI Rex and the JP1 animatronic. More fans seemed to be obsessed with having a Rex that looked more like the animatronic, so no one was really satisfied.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Draconisaurus wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:51 pm There was a furious debate on the internet about the JW Rex. Officially, their CGI model was said to be a careful combination of the JP1 CGI Rex and the JP1 animatronic. More fans seemed to be obsessed with having a Rex that looked more like the animatronic, so no one was really satisfied.
I remember that debate. I accept the JW trex, like the JP Trex model wasn't really consistent. Like the CGI model and animatronic have differences that are noticeable like the heads front view, the teeth or even the slight differences of their limb proportions.
Profile done by Mortis.