Issues with Running CE Patch

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Houseclarkzonian
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Issues with Running CE Patch

Post by Houseclarkzonian »

I've Installed the game through the original UK release of the game, installed the right patches for the game
but when my game loads it still says direct draw not detected, i can still run it but the game pops up in a tiny window, with no display driver options visible and when i click new game, it launches but everything is purple
I've Installed both Direct X 6 and Direct X 9 I'm sure i have them on my PC but it's just not recognising my Display Driver, I really want to play this game, it's one of my favorites though i can't for the life of me work out what's going on.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Re: Issues with Running CE Patch

Post by Hilwo »

Welcome :) Did you install the game while using the Trespasser 2020: A Trespasser Modding Starter Kit? If not, I'd highly recommend uninstalling and trying again that way. It has very easy to use instructions.
As for Direct Draw, I only have that issue when I play without using CE. I think it's fixed by adding ddraw.dll into your installation folder. But I never had the issue with CE, so I'm thinking it's included with the bundle I mentioned above. I'm sure others here will correct/complement me if neccessary :) Good luck!
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Inside the main TresCE ZIP archive there are 2 other ZIP archives: tpass-ce.zip and contrib.zip. Make sure you extract the contents of both those archives into the Trespasser folder. In other words, make sure you have both D3DX9_43.dll and tpassp6.exe in your Trespasser folder. Then run tpassp6.exe, not trespass.exe.
Last edited by Nick3069 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome to Trespasser Com! That purple double screen is freaky but we evade it fairly well with the above mentioned techniques.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Houseclarkzonian wrote:I've Installed the game through the original UK release of the game, installed the right patches for the game
but when my game loads it still says direct draw not detected, i can still run it but the game pops up in a tiny window, with no display driver options visible and when i click new game, it launches but everything is purple
I've Installed both Direct X 6 and Direct X 9 I'm sure i have them on my PC but it's just not recognising my Display Driver, I really want to play this game, it's one of my favorites though i can't for the life of me work out what's going on.
That's just because at the time Trespasser was released, neither of those versions existed, so it's looking for a far older one. IIRC, you can disable the warning.
Also, run the game from the Trespasser executable itself, rather than the launcher...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Welcome to TresCom!

It would be good to know if you've used the CE patch or not, and make sure both zips are extracted as Nick3069 said, and run the game through the EXE that comes with the CE download. The DX9 runtimes should come with any Windows that's 10 or higher, but sometimes they are required to be reinstalled (but then you get a direct x error saying they are missing).

If everything is purple, make sure you are running the game in admin mode. Right-click the EXE and run as admin. If you've installed the game in the default Program Files folder, the folder has write protection on, which stops the game to convert texture SPZ files into SWP, causing textures not to load. Running in admin mode allows the game to do this (as well as being able to save).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."