20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level (RELEASED pg. 25)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: 20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level

Post by TheIdiot »

Soooo I am making a proposal. I know the Amberius VC model is very popular, and I agree it's a cool model. However I sort of don't feel right having it in the mod. Among a few things, it's a bit small. Those few walls it has are really tall and wouldn't provide good viewing angles for screenshots. TI's map had much better layout for such things. There's also not much space to display custom models.
That is one concern I had as well. Would it be possible then to modify that model and make the wings wider? Maybe give it some new textures to help differentiate it as well. We have room for the central display I mentioned in my sketch, "When Trespassers Ruled the Earth", in the rotunda area. When I designed my plan, I assumed we'd be using smaller items from each level, nothing larger than a small tree, so that kind of display still might fit into the Amberius VC.
TI had some great ideas but we've opted to leave building blocks out of the level (mostly or entirely) for performance reasons. My suggestion is that we switch Rebel's Manor from being a (what was it, a hangout space?) to being the mod museum. It only seems right that the guy who taught us has his mansion manor place as where the relics of our modding go.
You can still use them, I just recommend against it at large scale such as this as the more objects in one area colliding, the higher chance for something to go wrong. It should be fine so long as there aren't too many building-block constructions in the same area, or the already more unstable places.
I still think we can get away with the Amberius VC. I really like that model and feel like it never got its just due. Rebel's houses might be better suited as a fan-art gallery or something, they don't really have that grand museum vibe. The mod museum is one of the most important factors in this level in my opinion so I feel like it deserves special treatment. I'd still like to get a custom model for it for that reason. If anyone wants my rough Max files for it, I can send them over, but it's not more than a super rough layout.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

I like the work on the mountain texture/shape too. Looks like you gave it some attention.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright, claiming.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

I really like the lava. Feels so 90's as well :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That lava fall is very nice, fits excellently into that area...is that the RTJP Vista View falls mesh re-purposed? :wink: I definitely see the benefit of moving the mountain range closer as well, seems a lot more manageable now, and I actually think it looks better too.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Took a while but I'm finally done with my pass. This version totally removed the old Sorna Plateau, redid the mountains to fill space in, and swapped the Nublar Plateau's shape for Sorna. Other work is also done -

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t0l0xn2b ... 16.7z/file
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Claiming!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Hey Drac, just wanted to say that the "blueprint" of the Mod Museum you've put in the level is only about half the scale that the actual building was intended to be. I doubt it would have fitted where you have it at the moment. I was looking at some of my reference material the other day from the RTJP days and I quite liked some of the early Visitor Centre concepts. I'm considering re-designing my concept with this more in mind as I feel it would be a bit more unique than the cheapo Visitor Centre knock-off I originally came up with, and it would also be a fair bit smaller, which would hopefully help fit it into the area.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ah that sounds great! Yeah I wasn't sure how big to make it, might've used the double-doors as reference.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

BTW, don't you guys forget that next month is Trespasser's 24th anniversary... and a year later, its 25th.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

And just a heads up, Drac has already claimed the level and is editing it now.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Erm nope! Working on other things atm.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Ok so, a member from the TresCom discord has claimed the level. I'll post the updated version of the level when they're done.