20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level (RELEASED pg. 25)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: 20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level

Post by Draconisaurus »

Argh. I can't really test it since I don't experience the crash, but I'm gonna claim now and only make a redo of the area, then people can test it.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Ohhh crap. Let's not be too hasty, Draco - TresGuy, can you download an older version of the level and test that area to see whether it works for you on versions before the waterfall, or if not what version of the level it is that causes instability here? We need to get this problem ironed out and solved before we add anything new so that we can try and provide as stable a level as possible for everyone.
I just tested it on my end and didn't experience any instability. Can anyone else reproduce this issue?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Guess I should've been more specific. Tomorrow I am reverting to the previous version, and redoing my pass from that. Much lower detail stream terrain for one thing.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Ok so we've solved my crashing problem, so I'm going to continue editing now, will post the next version in the coming days.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

For anyone interesting: The crashing was a result of low memory settings in the INI (the default CE ones). Increasing them resolved the issue. The crash was probably a result of the town having a lot of high-poly buildings along with everything else around it. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

NEWEST VERSION: https://www.mediafire.com/file/sh349rnk ... y.zip/file

Get it while it's hot!
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Nice, will be getting to work.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Alright, things like rather interesting thusfar. Do we know exactly what the endpoint of this level will be? I feel like we at least need to have an idea of where the player needs to go and what needs to be done in order to win the level at this point. Are we doing the "TresCom Birthday Party" idea? That's definitely my choice for an ending.
Also, I can't help but notice that there are an awful lot of ideas currently out there for this level, but most of them have not been implemented. I suggest we set aside those ideas for now and simply continue to add areas as we feel rather than let these ideas dictate the design of the level - otherwise, as I've said before, I fear we will end up with a level filled by incomplete ideas or rushed areas in order to accomodate actually have something properly playable. I found it a lot easier to work on when we were just making up areas as we went rather than having things more heavily planned out...in fact, I don't even know what to work on at this point when I get a turn with the level because I worry about building something in a spot that has already been designated for something else. :?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

One point comes to mind. Feel free to ignore the design specs in order to cultivate creativity. Just because it's written doesn't mean it's final.

There has been a steady trend going on for a while, that certain areas are focused on by different modders. It occured organically and seems to be working well. MinePass does the Harbor, TrespasserGuy has a lot going on with the cave and Aviary, and with the monorail-to-bunker space. Everyone shares the town. Mike made the TSOrd park. Deadeye is contributing to the Harbor with his warehouse model. TresGuy cleans up stuff. I have a couple areas I focus on like the lava.
Writing it out, there does seem to be more variation than I thought, in who does what. That's a good sign, means it shouldn't be disruptive for people to work on each other's areas. At the same time, TheIdiot, I think you ought to pick a location and develop it over the course of several passes. Maybe a natural spot with some unique AI scripting.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

We shall see how things develop. I have an idea for an area you and I discussed which I might build in a different level for now and import later soas to stay out of the way.
At the moment I'm too slow to even claim the level, you guys are quick at snatching this thing up! :P
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright, going to claim it for now. May only do a little work.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright, done with my pass. Have developed an area called "Stone Valley", it's the first stop when using TNEXT. Also imported the SiteC lighthouse for MinePass. Nothing else major, and it was kind of nice that way.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9uhd6e8p ... 6.zip/file

Also, so we don't forget - the base files. https://www.mediafire.com/file/foxku1ip ... 22.7z/file
Attachments
TresCom20_StoneValley.png
TresCom20_StoneValley.png (385.22 KiB) Viewed 2146 times
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

dibs
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus