Trespasser: Isla Sorna (PLSUM Preview 1)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser: Isla Sorna (BEPH1 Released!)

Post by Draconisaurus »

Congrats! Don't forget to fill the ocean with seaweed.
AKatt17
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by AKatt17 »

tatu wrote:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
This image might not show anything new, but this is the first image taken from BEIT being fully loadable in Trespasser. This includes everything from BEPH1, as well as the work done to PH2 to IT which includes triggers, foliage, objects, trnobj etc.
As you might notice, the ground texture is missing in the image. For some reason the level crash on loading when they are imported and I have yet to take a closer look why.
I have yet to taken that time to give it a first playthrough to see how stable it is, but I am very very happy that I finally manage to get this to load! :D
*Cheers in dinosaur nerd* =)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote: As you might notice, the ground texture is missing in the image. For some reason the level crash on loading when they are imported and I have yet to take a closer look why.
The ground texture? How odd...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:
tatu wrote: As you might notice, the ground texture is missing in the image. For some reason the level crash on loading when they are imported and I have yet to take a closer look why.
The ground texture? How odd...
I have no idea. I suspect it might be related to the textures themselves, but then they work fine otherwise. And I added other TrnObj with new textures after so I have no idea. I haven't bothered to take a better look either as I am just happy that I got BEIT running.

Here is an album of some in-game images I took, mainly to show the Tres devs: https://imgur.com/a/yEzksxy
All images except the ones in Town were taken using the dx9-hq.ini file from the CE download. It runs smoothly with it, except for some areas as end of JR and IT having massive clipping and disappearing issues. These disappeared however when I used my own INI based on the other dx9 INI with modified memory settings.
The AI makes the level lag quite a bit, but I haven't checked if it is the script I added to them in BEPH1 that causes it or not. I know the AI caused issues with FPS in vanilla as well.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I finally got a chance to try this level fusion. I died/crashed way too many times at the BE area, specifically the back of the Mercedes truck; I hate that box with the hunting rifle, it's so glitchy. :lol:

Past the the JR stegosaurus things get disorienting, I got lost in the forest and ended up on a beach with plane pieces and then wondered around in the jungle again until I found the monorail, got to IJ, then got lost again and found the rock where Hammond calls himself a shady millionaire jovial mad scientist and that's as where I am as of writing. :lol:

It feels way less linear than the retail release, that's for sure. I'm not sure how I feel about open world levels for Trespasser considering that Anne "runs" way too slow and there are no vehicles to increase her mobility, getting lost can be annoying and tedious to backtrack.

Impressive work nonetheless. I'll keep adventuring. :rambo:
tatu

Post by tatu »

Sorry for the lack of updates on this. I haven't done any work in the past month after getting BE-IT to work. I've been in a LEGO mood so I've mainly been sorting through all my LEGO and aiming to sort and get parts for various older sets I want. :)
I've decided to split the level into PH2-IT for now. Hopefully the AI won't make it lag as much, and I can't bother debugging the level for now (BEIT). I will very likely release BEIT as an experimental release when I am done with PH2IT.
For now I am gonna aim for a holiday release, and hopefully after that I will enjoy tackle PV-SUM, specially as PV has never really been incorporated with the other levels in a good way. :)

And thanks Nick!

As for getting lost in JR, this is probably why they reduced the size of it. I like it but then I also know it all to well by memory by now. Hopefully future versions (if they happen) will modify the level more and add more interesting places as well make it a bit easier to navigate. In a future update I wanna rework the monorail a bit so there are some more indication to they are working on it, and not just broken pillars showing the way. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

In regards to the JR confusion, I believe this actually may have been the developers' original intent for much of the game as it does seem as if it was conceptualized with an open-world design. JR is definitely a bit of a beast, though, and for the most part what we have seems to match the walkthrough - it seems to suggest that Anne will probably get lost if she doesn't follow the monorail pillars. I'm torn between enjoying the freedom in that level and feeling like it can be a bit excessive when it comes to travel time and I can totally see why they cut it down in the end, if not just for performance reasons.
In any case, since a lot of the Isla Sorna project is based on restoring a complete, playable version of all of the game's versions combined, I feel like we should leave it as is until we do go back and start adding more walkthrough stuff.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Looking forward to your work and releases.

I didn't yet realize but, you are right, PV hasn't been integrated directly into LAB before. We're used to both seeing an empty space behind the fence, and to no sign of PV in the LAB itself. I still get stoked thinking just about ASSUM, so, I imagine this'll be nice.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I have a small update about this project for you. My mood to pick up modding after the summer has taken a bit longer than I had hoped for, luckily it is now picking up again.
Most of PH2-IT is already done, I did the majority of the work last year. I have however decided to change a bit how I will release it. I still have some stuff left to do in PH2-IT, and as a break I've already started on PV-SUM. What I'd like to do is to delay any release until later this year, and hopefully the next release will include PH2-IT as well as PV-SUM. PV-SUM will be quicker to do overall as for BE-IT I had to redo the foliage a few times as TI and I learned more about the terrain editing process.

I know several of you are waiting for the next release, as well am I. :)

Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

Sounds great! I'm checking back regularly hoping for an update. Playing Trespasser in this form has been quite a transformative experience. It's almost like seeing it truly for the first time :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I still remember your old release of ASSUM. Guess that was training for all this. I liked how concise the terrain area was but I am sure it will be even nicer to have the PV-LAB terrain area contiguous with it. :nerd:
tatu

Post by tatu »

I am making slow progress with PH2IT. For the past few days I've ported everything over to fresh files slowly, and as of now, saving appears to work.
For some random reason, saving also started working in BEPH1 for me. I haven't changed anything to my settings or the level files AFAIK.

tatu

Post by tatu »

HAPPY 24TH TRESPASSER ANNIVERSARY

This is a day early, but as I am working tomorrow and I don't want this to get released too late for people in Europe and earlier time zones.
I am giving you a pre-release release of PH2IT. This package is fully standalone and you only need to extract it and play. It comes with only PH2IT. It should work fine with putting the BEPH1 files along the PH2IT files as well and play, but pressing "new game" will load up PH2IT.
As this is a pre-release release, for now it won't be uploaded on TresCom, but feel free to share it. :)

Save-games has been working during testing and hopefully it will work for you as well.
Please read the readme before playing or if you have any questions.

Enjoy :)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nnkgcvbd ... t3.7z/file
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Trespasser: Isla Sorna (PH2IT Pre-Release Release)

Post by TheIdiot »

Hope you guys enjoy this, tatu and I (but especially tatu) put in a ton of hard work to get this to where it is now! :D
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: Trespasser: Isla Sorna (PH2IT Pre-Release Release)

Post by Rebel »

I'm still having trouble with my internet connection, but I'm going to try and download it now.