20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level (RELEASED pg. 25)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: 20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level (early dev)

Post by TheIdiot »

Deadeyeguy_45 wrote:I'd love to see about contributing to this project in some form or another! :D Map editing is out of the question for me, but I'd be down to do some custom textures and modeling if any of that comes up. Any of you could send me a direct message for a specific thing if you'd like. Something you think would be nice to be added if. Or if a certain part of the map is empty, I could see about incorporating something original to spice things up a bit. I've never added models in to Tres, but this seems like a nice place to start, as this is very team oriented. :P
Sounds good! My suggestion is to make whatever you feel might fit in, and one of us can probably add your work to the level somewhere if you're unsure about level editing. Just make a model and give us your thoughts on what to do with it! :)
Here's the next version, hot off the presses! Just added a bit more detail to the surrounding helipad area, and added a surprise for whoever views this level or decides to edit it :lol:
Nice, will check it out later.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:
Deadeyeguy_45 wrote:I'd love to see about contributing to this project in some form or another! :D Map editing is out of the question for me, but I'd be down to do some custom textures and modeling if any of that comes up. Any of you could send me a direct message for a specific thing if you'd like. Something you think would be nice to be added if. Or if a certain part of the map is empty, I could see about incorporating something original to spice things up a bit. I've never added models in to Tres, but this seems like a nice place to start, as this is very team oriented. :P
Sounds good! My suggestion is to make whatever you feel might fit in, and one of us can probably add your work to the level somewhere if you're unsure about level editing. Just make a model and give us your thoughts on what to do with it! :)
I was about to say the same.

I am gonna contribute to this (not right now). I never did any work on the Tres 20th level, but I already know what to add to this. Not gonna do it now, but maybe I do some work this weekend. I'll notify about it when I do. :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Like the new stuff, neat. Still getting over the gradual sun reveal.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

I started working on some terrain despite what I said in my earlier post. I'll have to post it later after work.
In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Deadeyeguy_45 wrote:I started working on some terrain despite what I said in my earlier post. I'll have to post it later after work.
Just make sure you're letting us know before you start doing work on the level, as TresGuy said, otherwise we might have multiple people working on it at once and it would be very difficult to combine their work.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Going to postpone putting my edit for tomorrow. I should be done with it in the early morning-mid day for EST time
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Deadeyeguy_45 wrote:Going to postpone putting my edit for tomorrow. I should be done with it in the early morning-mid day for EST time
Alright, sounds good! Don't forget to record in the editlog.txt file what changes you did to the level so the next modder knows what has changed from the last version.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: 20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level

Post by morningstarring »

I might try contributing to this a little.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

morningstarring wrote:I might try contributing to this a little.
Any little bit helps! Ideally I'd like to see as many contributors to this project as possible.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

morningstarring wrote:I might try contributing to this a little.
Awesome! The more contributors we have, no matter how little their edits are, the more this level will feel like a true TresCom collaboration

Okay so, Deadeye on the TresCom discord has said that he won't be able to upload his version of the level, and told me to disregard his edit. So, if anyone wants to have a go editing this, here's the current version of the level before Deadeye called dibs on it: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qw8zjsz3 ... y.zip/file
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

:cry: Disappointing, did something go wrong? I'd like to try and fix his work if it's at all possible.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

He said he lost power and couldn't upload the level, then when the power came back he lost his wifi and still couldn't upload it. I assume he's been communicating from a phone on Discord. Whatever the case, he can't upload the level at this time. He says wifi might be back on tomorrow, so we'll wait and see if he is able to upload it then.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Back online! :pirate: And looks like nobody has uploaded a newer version than the one I had which is really awesome. Now to make sure I upload my file the right way so it's ready for the next person :yes:

NEW VERSION! https://www.mediafire.com/file/jdnufdqr ... 5.zip/file
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh, I wasn't able to tell which things were new on this one. But it's looking great.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

The part of the map behind the starting mountain has been added. Should see another smaller mountain and a giant pit like section :D Thanks for checking it out Drac!