TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:29 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

I checked this out today TI, I can't find anything wrong. The code checked out and I compared tpas with and without the effects option. The example tpa with the option on was correct. I used this release for the coleo vocals and they imported correctly, so I'm at a loss

tc_prequel walkthru: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8s0cspop ... u.txt/file

Trescom Anthology_Final_CE Only Patch 1.1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9x78b3vl ... 1.zip/file

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:29 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Rebel wrote:
I checked this out today TI, I can't find anything wrong. The code checked out and I compared tpas with and without the effects option. The example tpa with the option on was correct. I used this release for the coleo vocals and they imported correctly, so I'm at a loss

Huh. That's weird then. Could it be that I'm trying to import my effects into a TPA that was built with EffectsEditor? I can send you the TPA if it helps.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:04 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

So remembering this, the other day I was playing retail Tres, and noticed that the raptors did, indeed, all sound as if they were right next to me. Retail. Perhaps some other factor is involved? Similar to how some computers can't use the EAX audio environments...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:21 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Draconisaurus wrote:
So remembering this, the other day I was playing retail Tres, and noticed that the raptors did, indeed, all sound as if they were right next to me. Retail. Perhaps some other factor is involved? Similar to how some computers can't use the EAX audio environments...

Wasn't the AI distance issue something that appeared with the CE patch? And possibly OpenAL? I remember it was reported to Lee as an issue appearing with it at least.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:19 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

TheIdiot wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Huh. That's weird then. Could it be that I'm trying to import my effects into a TPA that was built with EffectsEditbor? I can send you the TPA if it helps.
before doing that do this; put all wavs in a folder, use operation wavs to caus. Next, check box use filenames, choose option 'turn on is effects' then choose option 'caus to tpa' . Pick a name for the tpa, that's it. I checked the tpa afterwards, it worked fine.

tc_prequel walkthru: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8s0cspop ... u.txt/file

Trescom Anthology_Final_CE Only Patch 1.1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9x78b3vl ... 1.zip/file

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:41 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

tatu wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:

Wasn't the AI distance issue something that appeared with the CE patch? And possibly OpenAL? I remember it was reported to Lee as an issue appearing with it at least.

Could be. Would be nice if we could have feedback from more members. If I were in a better place of mind I could test a TPA file in ATX and CE alternately to see about it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:38 pm 

Draconisaurus wrote:
tatu wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:

Could be. Would be nice if we could have feedback from more members. If I were in a better place of mind I could test a TPA file in ATX and CE alternately to see about it.

I will make sure to test it when I get to rebuilding the TPA(s) for the Isla Sorna project. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:15 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Rebel wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Huh. That's weird then. Could it be that I'm trying to import my effects into a TPA that was built with EffectsEditbor? I can send you the TPA if it helps.
before doing that do this; put all wavs in a folder, use operation wavs to caus. Next, check box use filenames, choose option 'turn on is effects' then choose option 'caus to tpa' . Pick a name for the tpa, that's it. I checked the tpa afterwards, it worked fine.

Okay, I'll try doing it with .caus later, haven't tried that yet. Otherwise I have followed your instructions exactly with no luck.

Yes, I do recall having problems with CE and audio levels, but I believe it was mostly fixed. This particular import is the first time I've had problems with audio levels in a long time. Dinosaur noises still do carry a very long distance, however - I could clearly hear an active dino over the ambient noise from 100 meters + while testing the other day, though it was much quieter than if it had been right next to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10