Trespasser Arena - (new release 16 December 2021)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser Arena - new mod, ready to play

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Thanks for checking it out, Rebel. Glad you got a kick out of the reflections :D
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

MikeTheRaptor wrote:Thanks for checking it out, Rebel. Glad you got a kick out of the reflections :D
I'll be able to check your level and the DarkJungle better in the next few days as I think the old man is going to take
a few days off for some R & R. 'Play' is much more fun that work!
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Rebel wrote:I'll be able to check your level and the DarkJungle better in the next few days as I think the old man is going to take
a few days off for some R & R. 'Play' is much more fun that work!
Sounds great :) Can't wait to hear what you think. DarkJungle is looking pretty nice from the screenshots I've seen!
Enjoy your rest! We've all gotten a bit older, but you had a bit of a head start on the rest of us :D

By the way, I've updated the mod.

New release of Trespasser Arena (v1.3) includes:
- new level (TArena~S)
- new tpassintro.smk (plays when game exe is launched)

There is a new dinosaur to fight and a new arena to fight in :)

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HnTD4O ... sp=sharing
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Trespasser Arena - (new release 11 April 2021)

Post by machf »

Downloading. I'll play it later. Today is election day and I have to go vote in a few minutes.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I just finished the 1st version. I really like the concept as I'm assuming that each arena will be connected to the
main hall (I'm not sure what to call it, it's just cool looking). I have to say though, I couldn't kill squat with that
damn knife, and I never even found the pistol until after the dinos were dead. d'oh!
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Rebel wrote:I just finished the 1st version. I really like the concept as I'm assuming that each arena will be connected to the
main hall (I'm not sure what to call it, it's just cool looking). I have to say though, I couldn't kill squat with that
damn knife, and I never even found the pistol until after the dinos were dead. d'oh!
I'm no good with the knife either, but apparently TI was able to do a knife only run :D It's the easiest weapon to find, but the hardest to use. There are three weapons total inside of the Raptor Arena.

Yes, each arena is connected to the main hall. I call it the hub, but it's definitely more of a hall. The new version which includes the 2nd arena has an edited version of the hall where the sheet has been removed from another gateway so it can be used to access the new arena.

My goal with the arenas is for them to be a little challenging the first try (or few tries), but once you figure out the location of all of the weapons and a technique to avoid getting killed, they can become a lot easier.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, I enjoyed it, Mike. I tried downloading the newest version but my damn connection broke. I'll try again tomorrow
though. Keep going with it. ;)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

MikeTheRaptor wrote:
Rebel wrote:I just finished the 1st version. I really like the concept as I'm assuming that each arena will be connected to the
I'm no good with the knife either, but apparently TI was able to do a knife only run :D It's the easiest weapon to find, but the hardest to use. There are three weapons total inside of the Raptor Arena.

Yes, each arena is connected to the main hall. I call it the hub, but it's definitely more of a hall. The new version which includes the 2nd arena has an edited version of the hall where the sheet has been removed from another gateway so it can be used to access the new arena.

My goal with the arenas is for them to be a little challenging the first try (or few tries), but once you figure out the location of all of the weapons and a technique to avoid getting killed, they can become a lot easier.
Is it possible to defeat the new one? I ran out of ammo... oh, and the knife somehow is broken (the hand magnet, I mean). Are you using some other magnet or a magnet action to hold it in place? Because that would break it...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Yeah, the knife needs to be fixed.

It’s possible to kill the Dino in the new level, but you have to find another weapon. There are three weapons if we don’t count the knife.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yeah, I collected all 3... I'll just start again, I guess.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, I tried again, and I guess this time I had better aim or something, since I didn't need more than 2 of the 3 guns...
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

machf wrote:Well, I tried again, and I guess this time I had better aim or something, since I didn't need more than 2 of the 3 guns...
:D Sounds about right! With good aim, you can definitely do it with two. One of the guns has a powerful recoil that can make it tricky.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Finally got it downloaded. I'll be checking out the next battle over the weekend. But, yeah, if machf got his ass kicked a
few times, I imagine I'll be getting killed a few times myself.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Actually, rather than getting my ass kicked, I was running out of ammo and having to stay holed up in a corner without any other options... I even tried the "death by a thousand cuts" strategy with the knife, but it wasn't working well...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Beat the second level last night. Didn't have much trouble with it, the two guns were just enough to bring him down. I tried a second time using only the knife again but couldn't seem to consistently damage the spinosaurus enough to actually kill him. I also tried running him off the cliff by the Aviary building but I hit the invisible wall - maybe instead you could add a trigger to kill the spinosaur (and Anne) when they go over the cliff since running out of ammo seems to be a "game over" at the moment; this would provide an alternative way to defeat him.
Also, the spinosaur's health regenerates pretty quickly, so it might be a good idea to eliminate this or reduce his healing, since if you have difficulty finding the second gun after you've already unloaded the first, it's possible for him to regenerate fast enough to survive being hit by entire magazine of the other gun.