Question about loading a saved .scn from a different level

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Question about loading a saved .scn from a different level

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Is it possible to use ActionType 19 to create an autosave, and then, in a separate level other than the one the save was created, use ActionType 16 to load that saved game?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Question about loading a saved .scn from a different lev

Post by machf »

Hmmm... maybe not, you'd have to manually rename the savegame first. Or at least, I think so. I haven't tried to specify the savegame's name in the ActionType 16 call. Give it a try and tell us...

What I *HAVE* done in the past (before we got access to GUIapp so we could use it to fix the TresEd-generated .scn files) is have a fire-once trigger at the star of my Pens level which used ActionType 19 to make a savegame as soon as the level finished loading, then exit, rename the generated savegame and use it to replace the old .scn file to load the level using it (since the trigger had already fired, it wouldn't fire again and make another savegame). That fixed the problem with levels not restarting properly after you died, for example.

*IF* ActionType 16 allows you to use any name (and not just one ending in '.scn') to load a level, then by all means it should work as you intend. And since ActionType 19 allows you to specify the name of the savegame, there should be no problem with that... so, as I said, give it a try and let us know how it goes. The 'savegames' it creates are more liek regular .scn files, after all...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Question about loading a saved .scn from a different lev

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm did it work?