Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser Reclamation

Post by Draconisaurus »

That sounds great! We look forward to your various contributions. I feel like the lending of your account to play, could be an option for private-message interactions in the future. Will keep it in mind.
Funkymotha
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Funkymotha »

Attachments
jpo2.jpg
jpo2.jpg (398.54 KiB) Viewed 3304 times
jpo1.jpg
jpo1.jpg (338.38 KiB) Viewed 3304 times
jp3.jpg
jp3.jpg (415.46 KiB) Viewed 3304 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Quiet! All of you! They're entering the Tyrannosaur Paddock...

I remember this mod. How does this area fit in?
Funkymotha
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Funkymotha »

No mods. This isn’t running on the Trespasser engine. It’s running on Dreams, captured on a ps5. I can’t say much now, but the team has grown to five and we’ll be making an announcement in the next month or two with details.
Attachments
4C7E43D2-52C1-4E1B-A3A2-43B505A2DAD1.jpeg
4C7E43D2-52C1-4E1B-A3A2-43B505A2DAD1.jpeg (419.44 KiB) Viewed 3256 times
3B04854A-3B7A-4D77-967B-B8D83E1063B7.jpeg
3B04854A-3B7A-4D77-967B-B8D83E1063B7.jpeg (561.11 KiB) Viewed 3256 times
JohnDecodes
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by JohnDecodes »

This looks really impressive! I love the atmosphere of the dark and rainy forest, very reminiscent of T-Rex escape scene in Jurassic Park. Also the VR combat using a car door as a shield against the raptor, really highlights how easily Trespasser could have been more of a tense horror game. Looking forward to the announcement.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Looking good! :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Funkymotha
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Funkymotha »

A little over a year ago a creator on Dreams asked if I wanted to collaborate on a Jurassic Park project. I was working on a sequel to Trespasser but as you could see the art was very lacking. So I decided to join the team and put Reclamation aside. I will return to Reclamation once we're finished and the art will be redone with what I'm learning from this project.

We're proud to announce "Jurassic Park Operations" for Dreams on the PS4 and PS5.

https://youtu.be/UwCE7HNUGAY

https://youtu.be/vJJ_gqKKiiA

The project had started off as a freeroam version of Isla Nublar and has turned into something much more. We're looking to release a demo at the end of October. The demo will feature three minigames showcasing mechanics that will be in the single player mode as well as a prelude to the story, a music player containing scores from the first film as well as original scores, a dinosaur gallery, concept art, and few other things. After, we will be releasing a single player mode in episodes (the first episode is already deep into development). In the single player mode you will play as a new character to the franchise. The story takes place during the timeline of the first film but will be a blend of movie, book, game, and comic book lore to bring a new story to the franchise without interfering with the continuity of the first film. The story in Trespasser is one of my favorite JP stories so I took a lot of inspiration from it to write this. Gameplay will feature FPS, puzzle solving and vehicle mechanics. Finally we will release a freeroam version of the island with the all areas in the game.

This is free. All that's required is a copy of Dreams and a PS4 or 5. We have a channel on Youtube where you can see how the development is going. You'll see testing on the minigames as well as some of the scenes from the single player mode. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7iBv ... oaGns-WrFw

As this isn't really Trespasser related this will my last update for Jurassic Park Operations on this forum unless the community and mods would like to hear more. Looking forward to releasing so everyone can enjoy it!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That new mod you've joined seems pretty high quality. I keep being surprised how good the unofficial stuff looks these days. Glad Tres helped you out!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That's pretty cool. Trespasser is a bit of a beast so I understand why it's still proven to be too much of a task to remake it. Don't really plan on ever getting a PS5 but I am glad to see another big JP1 project.
Funkymotha
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Funkymotha »

TheIdiot wrote:That's pretty cool. Trespasser is a bit of a beast so I understand why it's still proven to be too much of a task to remake it. Don't really plan on ever getting a PS5 but I am glad to see another big JP1 project.
I thought the programming would be the most challenging part, but for me it was the art. The project will return except better. The demo got ripped to pieces in reviews because of the graphics so I couldn’t continue with it in that state. The gameplay is sound but even that will be improved. The new raptor AI I built for JPO is way more robust. They react to gun shots, the players flashlight, when the player is moving through underbrush and they’ll even flank you. The coolest thing though is when a raptor detects the player, if there’s any raptors around it will call for help, the raptors form a pack, then attack as a pack.

Like I said the story is heavily influenced by Trespasser so if Trespasser fans play it I think they’ll enjoy it even though the gameplay is very different. We’re telling Isla Nublar’s history through dialogue instead of VO though. For example (minor spoilers) in the opening scene you learn through a conversation with Muldoon that you’re there because Muldoon suspected that the raptors were escaping from their paddock in the park “Raptor Valley” (fan theory and novel canon mixed) and how they were moved to the high security pen but need to be integrated into the park again. In one of the mini games in the demo you play as Muldoon going into Raptor Valley to tranq them so they could be moved.

We really worked hard on tying everything together while giving everyone a new experience that’s based on lore and canon. I really hope Sony pushes Dreams to PC like they did with some of their other exclusives so it’s available to more people like the Trespasser community. Without Trespasser or this forum JPO wouldn’t exist. We’re not looking to make money, we’re just some JP fans trying to make the JP game we’ve all been longing for.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

It's cool you have this dream going on. A mod Muldoon sounds pretty cool too. A lot of times people do Tres-based things and we never hear about it on the forum, so thanks for filling us in!