Trespasser HD - Beach / Jungle Road (BE + JR released)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser HD - Beach / Jungle Road (BEACH RELEASED!)

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm! No rush.......
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

TheIdiot wrote:JR DOES technically have an equivalent, but it's only very lightly worked on. I'll have to upload it at some point...the Mayan Face area is one of my favourite things I've ever made.
I just played through this level and i was so impressed that i came here hoping to find JR HD :mrgreen: Maybe someday
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Double_G wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:JR DOES technically have an equivalent, but it's only very lightly worked on. I'll have to upload it at some point...the Mayan Face area is one of my favourite things I've ever made.
I just played through this level and i was so impressed that i came here hoping to find JR HD :mrgreen: Maybe someday
Glad to hear you liked it! :D
The problem is that the level area is quite massive for JR compared to BE (JR is the largest level, especially when you factor in the "hidden" areas), which means it could potentially crash. The version of JR HD that I had previously worked on would not be playable in the end due to too many overlapping objects. However with that knowledge in mind, you could probably create something comparable in detail.

I will upload the unfinished JR HD level since it's no longer being worked on...
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

TheIdiot wrote:I will upload the unfinished JR HD level since it's no longer being worked on...
Oh goodie! I hope you put some previously unreleased assets in the level that I could use for DarkJungle hehe.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Added the download link to the first post! The level is very unfinished and only the Mayan Face area and Make-Out Hilltop are actually detailed at all, but I hope it provides a picture of what the level might have looked like if finished.
Quick download below:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7p5f5169 ... a.zip/file
TrespasserGuy wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:I will upload the unfinished JR HD level since it's no longer being worked on...
Oh goodie! I hope you put some previously unreleased assets in the level that I could use for DarkJungle hehe.
I don't believe there's anything new in there as JR-HD uses MegaJungle assets.
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

What i would do for Trespasser that looked like this... I like how you don't just scatter plants and trees in random places and instead you greatly improve on the original design by carefully placing assets in a way that makes sense and looks convincing. The face looks so much better now, if not a little menacing. Overlooking the jungle from above and serving as a warning for Anne

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

What i would do for Trespasser that looked like this... I like how you don't just scatter plants and trees in random places and instead you greatly improve on the original design by carefully placing assets in a way that makes sense and looks convincing.
Thanks! I'm extremely picky about where objects are placed in order to create sightlines, framing and all that sort of stuff. In particular, the first screenshot you took captures exactly how I wanted the face to be revealed: framed between the rocks and vegetation, with that low palm hanging overhead, looking intimidatingly down on the player. Naturally this also means it takes really long to do much of anything, but I believe the payoff is worth it.
The face looks so much better now, if not a little menacing. Overlooking the jungle from above and serving as a warning for Anne
I'm happy to know that my intended message came across with this area. I thought the face looked rather pathetic sitting down in the bottom of that gorge, especially after seeing that old picture of it up on a cliffside looking down on some battling dinosaurs, which is why I elevated it up overhead. It would have looked intimidating and strangely supernatural overlooking the flipped Jeep which would have been present on the ledge in front of the shallow gorge. I'd intended on putting a small hidden Mayan ruin up on the hillside behind the Mayan Face in the depths of the jungle, which is where the player spawns. There are a series of ledges that you would have been able to descend from this ruin down to the bottom of the Mayan Face gorge, which is where the skeleton of the Jeep's driver would have been found with his gun.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Trespasser HD - Beach / Jungle Road (BE + JR released)

Post by machf »

Downloading it right now, but will look at it tomorrow, it's late already...

EDIT: I had hoped it could be completed with a bit more work...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:EDIT: I had hoped it could be completed with a bit more work...
Well, it depends on how much you consider "a bit". :wink:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

In this case, I'm afraid it's certainly going to require more than just a bit...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:In this case, I'm afraid it's certainly going to require more than just a bit...
A few years worth of work, maybe. Sounds like a job for the creator of the fabled Pens level! :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Am still getting to this! Might wait until my new laptop arrives in the mail. Totally top of the line, spared NO expence.
LIX666
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by LIX666 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Am still getting to this! Might wait until my new laptop arrives in the mail. Totally top of the line, spared NO expence.
that might actually work against you... unless you put xp on it :D
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Beach Extreme Detail Remake

Post by Nick3069 »

TheIdiot wrote:Decided to do a bit more work on this after paying a visit to the Toronto Zoo and seeing the abandoned monorail snaking its way down a steep hill through the woods. The deprecated station platform and tracks overrun with foliage really look a lot like what it seems the Trespasser developers had in mind (or at least it would, if there weren't a foot of snow this time of year...).

Image Image Image
I don't remember there being an abandoned monorail last time I went to the Toronto Zoo in 2019. Is it next to the Bison enclosure? Maybe it was removed before my visit...
I know it's off topic, but I was catching on unread forum post and saw those photos.

I'll have to play those levels now.

UPDATE:
After looking at the zoo in Google Earth and little bit of research, I can confirm that the structure I saw in the Canadian Domain (of which the bison enclosure is a part of) is in fact the monorail track. It surprisingly stretches way out of the zoo. Apparently the ride was shut down in 1994 after a train lost power and started going backwards and crashed into another train, 30 people were injured.

I've now played the Beach and wow, that is a lot of foliage! :o A jungle so thick you can easily get lost. I don't see bigger levels being possible with this level of detail. Trespasser already renders distant objects as sprites, but when you have this dense of a jungle, having lower quality LOD models for mid range objects would help performance.
TheIdiot wrote:Been working on converting hppav's Isla Nublar Jeeps into the InGen Hunting Party's heavily reconfigured variants 8) :

Is that hunter jeep in JR HD? I couldn't find it in TresEd.