Mountain Forest - Happy Winter Solstice!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Mountain Forest - Happy Winter Solstice!

Post by Draconisaurus »

To celebrate the occasion today, I am releasing one of my very old mods, started and ended around November 2018. Today I polished it a bit and am releasing it for all of you to have a nice time exploring in! The mod was made as a way to de-stress from things, which I needed even back then. Oh and nothing in the level is heightfixed...

Ray, start the tour program.

https://app.box.com/s/jtk80comgm20q2zp07wbg9dpl4wi0bs1
Attachments
MountainForest01.png
MountainForest01.png (345.46 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: Mountain Forest - Happy Winter Solstice!

Post by Rebel »

Talk about bad luck, I downloaded this and guess what?! My desktop computer just died . . . jesus. I'm having a bad year (I can't
play games on my laptop, I never adapted to that, stupid fingers).
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Cool! I'll check this out during the holidays!
Rebel wrote:Talk about bad luck, I downloaded this and guess what?! My desktop computer just died . . . jesus. I'm having a bad year (I can't
Oh that sucks, I hope you have everything backed up!
As for the laptop. I recommend getting an external USB keyboard and mouse (unless your PC has it) and use those on the laptop. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ouch? : | That's no fun. I hope nothing was lost.
Oh Tatu good idea!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Rebel wrote:Talk about bad luck, I downloaded this and guess what?! My desktop computer just died . . . jesus. I'm having a bad year (I can't
Ugh. 2020 is certainly The Year Of Hell.
How about hooking a USB keyboard and mouse to the laptop? That's what I did... (still hated it, though)

To keep you company, my camera died. Well, not died, but a solenoid stopped working, so the shutter won't open and all I get are nice solid black photos.
Draconisaurus wrote:To celebrate the occasion today, I am releasing one of my very old mods, started and ended around November 2018. Today I polished it a bit and am releasing it for all of you to have a nice time exploring in! The mod was made as a way to de-stress from things, which I needed even back then. Oh and nothing in the level is heightfixed...

Ray, start the tour program.

https://app.box.com/s/jtk80comgm20q2zp07wbg9dpl4wi0bs1
Going to try this later.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Oh that sucks, I hope you have everything backed up!
I don't want to hijack the thread, but no, I did not and I lost quite a bit. Lost the layout for the catacombs as well as a week's
worth of work I just put into the prequel (including new models). It's all gone . . . I just started modding again last week and
I didn't do any backups for the aforementioned since I didn't expect the computer to die just when I started using it again after
a five month hiatus.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Rebel wrote:It's all gone . . . I just started modding again last week and
I didn't do any backups for the aforementioned since I didn't expect the computer to die just when I started using it again after
a five month hiatus.
What sort of failure was it?

Draconisaurus wrote:The mod was made as a way to de-stress from things, which I needed even back then.
What a peculiar definition of "de-stressing" you have... I found walking around with no defined purpose and without arriving anywhere to be anything but fun or relaxing. There isn't even a reason to leave the starting point... the highlight of the level was when I finally reached the edge and saved the game beofre exiting.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:
Rebel wrote:It's all gone . . . I just started modding again last week and
a five month hiatus.
What sort of failure was it?
I wonder this as well. Maybe it was not a hard-drive failure but rather another hardware failure?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Just checked this level out. There's something nice and simple about it - I didn't come in expecting a brain-teaser, so I took it for a walk through the woods. Somehow the forest seems really detailed, possibly due to the sheer density. As always, I would definitely have liked some sort of objective and more interesting locatoins, but hey, if your intent was just to chill out and make a little Trespasser forest, then I'd say you succeeded there. :) Not the most fun to play, I will admit, but it's good to look at and I totally get where you're coming from if you were de-stressing.

Damn, Rebel, it seems these days it's only you who shows up with bad news like that. :? Seems odd that your PC just stopped working...any funny noises or anything like that coming from it? My last PC's water cooling mechanism died and ended up overheating and frying the hard drive, plus some of the RAM, after it started making odd noises about a week before. Any chance you could recover your work to another hard drive?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh, I hadn't thought that most of the computer might still work. Maybe fixing it isn't a large issue?

Thank you TI. : ) Sounds like the level worked then. I made MF in a technique that made it so everything was placed randomly and not by design, so that even I go into the level not knowing what is where.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Thank you TI. : ) Sounds like the level worked then. I made MF in a technique that made it so everything was placed randomly and not by design, so that even I go into the level not knowing what is where.
Makes me wish we had a random level generator!