Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

WayForest

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hello all. Some weeks ago after TLI1 began being too much to work on, despite its very small gameplay area, I began working on a more traditional-type Tres mod without so much puzzle planning, but still with the environmental work I wanted to work on. As well I'm trying to move beyond dino slaying as a feature of my new levels. I have rarely used MegaJungle pines when starting new levels up, and I have some idea now that it was because I didn't like the MegaJungle terrain as the basis of a pine environment. The old PV concept art is too deep! So I have started this mod using MegaJungle pines, some Lone Hunter foliage, and classic Trespasser pine terrain textures.
WF_Screen02.png
WF_Screen02.png (305.72 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
Another fun part is that I really have no idea what the level is about, just a feeling. Even less stress.
WF_Screen03.png
WF_Screen03.png (336.59 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
I have started making a little stone cabin to go in it. I'm not even sure what century it's from.
WF_Screen01.png
WF_Screen01.png (127.41 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
Huh, if anyone has ideas, I'm listening. Level ought not to be too large by the end. It might be finished in January, or the end of Spring, can't say.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: WayForest

Post by TheIdiot »

The only suggestion I can give is to do whatever you feel like doing, and don't do anything that's going to stress or exhaust you. :) Let the level flow and we'll see where it goes!

MegaJungle definitely needs more pine forest-type stuff. There is a single pine needle ground texture in that level, but it's very rudimentary and doesn't look quite right alongside the jungle textures. I'd like to make a lot more ground textures overall for those assets...there are a few new ones so far in CloningFacility.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Flow modding sounds like a thing. :statue:

New MegaJungle terrain sounds nice. Whenever computers aren't stressing! I've been on a bit of a break myself.

TI, any ideas come to mind with the level? I'm keen to put things in if people suggest them and they click.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Nice approach to modding Drac, it's good to not have a concrete plan and just let the level naturally flow and develop. If you're gonna put that stone cottage in, might I suggest having a little field next to it, with some stone walls around it? :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm! Well I'm not much of a farm person unless I'm recreating one for accuracy. Buuut I love gardens.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Have a poison flower in the garden, like the one in the star trek episode that turns and shoots out poison spores. Have a
fireplace inside the cottage ready to light. Light a match, throw it into the fireplace, the flame erupts. Anne could say,
'it's warm'.

There's infinite possibilities, Drac, just follow your own imagination.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'm about it! Those are both great, thanks.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I like Rebel's ideas a lot. Make it a "for-fun" level, have some neat little tricks here and there like that.

If you're in a gardening mood, you could create a big, walk-through garden with dinosaur statues (using still-posed, stone-textured dino models) or something, like at the Crystal Palace or those "Dinosaurs Alive" attractions they have at amusement parks.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh! 1800s Iguanadon vision statue sounds great! :statue: