Melee weapons

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Trespasser2020
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Melee weapons

Post by Trespasser2020 »

Is there any other functional melee weapons in the game besides Dennis Nedry's mace? (By functional I mean one I can kill dinosaurs with.)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Melee weapons

Post by Draconisaurus »

No; I'm afraid no one has found a way to slay the AI found within the EXE. As such their mortality remains beyond the scope of TresCom exploration.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by morningstarring »

https://streamable.com/q5tkek

I change the tscript values of a random metal bar and made them the same as the mace. I set the damage to 500 rather than 5 which apparently one hit KOs rexes... I dont know if other objects have damage causing attributes. Maybe the sledgehammer? Baseball bat?
Attachments
pribar.jpg
pribar.jpg (106.81 KiB) Viewed 6758 times
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

The quake symbol in the LAB basement can kill, but it is not in the player area. :P

I think you gotta be careful with objects that got a Damage value as it could be fatal to the player if you hit it as well.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LIX666
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by LIX666 »

tatu wrote:The quake symbol in the LAB basement can kill, but it is not in the player area. :P

I think you gotta be careful with objects that got a Damage value as it could be fatal to the player if you hit it as well.

everything can kill the player if not careful enough... i got killed by a card once somehow. i didnt know this about nedry's mace, as i recall i only saw it as interesting item i found but i never attempted to do any melee combat in the game and always carried 2 full weapons when i didnt need to carry a card. So nedry's mace can kill any dino?

judging by the blood spatter that thing must have properties like Mjolnir... only worthy anne can pick it up and wield it and it is one shot kill... cool.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I put what I considered a pretty cool melee mayan weapon in the prequel level. I doubt anyone noticed though it since it's located
in an incomplete area of the level (inside the ruins of a mayan temple).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oye Rebel, I just spent a bit in TresEd and was unable to locate anything in the level of such variety. I guess it is quite well hidden?? I am quite intrigued.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

It should be at location -753, -1807, 45 (should be lying upon the ground)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oye! Digging up the most recent version of the level reminded me that I haven't explored the last version you released. I began by doing so, and had to run for my life from the shoreline..... I walked over to the dam flatlands, but still found myself unable to use the.. tram? which brings you to the dock beyond. I am curious on what subtle hints might permit the voyage...
I died, started again, explored a bit... then used your tele location. I don't have the heart to explore this area yet, having not found it on foot! Perhaps by the end of the year.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Oye! Digging up the most recent version of the level reminded me that I haven't explored the last version you released. I began by doing so, and had to run for my life from the shoreline..... I walked over to the dam flatlands, but still found myself unable to use the.. tram? which brings you to the dock beyond. I am curious on what subtle hints might permit the voyage...
I died, started again, explored a bit... then used your tele location. I don't have the heart to explore this area yet, having not found it on foot! Perhaps by the end of the year
The Tylosaur caught you by surprise, did it? Depending on how you flee, he may follow you until he dies for being out of the water for
too long, or it may head back into the water.
Spoiler: show
If memory serves, go behind the tram's control station, there's a cable that needs to be pushed down. Afterwards, just push
the button, then pull down the lever and that should engage the wheel. There's a full walkthru somewhere, probably under the trilogy
topic.
wei777
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by wei777 »

i found the best weapon in trespasser

look at my big stick
Attachments
bandicam 2020-11-24 21-15-49-657.jpg
bandicam 2020-11-24 21-15-49-657.jpg (543.65 KiB) Viewed 6174 times
Last edited by wei777 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wei777
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by wei777 »

in level2

I just found out

Look at this big stick

and not heavy
wei777
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by wei777 »

in level.2 first
Attachments
bandicam 2020-11-24 21-37-37-947.jpg
bandicam 2020-11-24 21-37-37-947.jpg (544.91 KiB) Viewed 6172 times
wei777
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by wei777 »

you can found your dream weapon
Attachments
bandicam 2020-11-24 21-37-55-430.jpg
bandicam 2020-11-24 21-37-55-430.jpg (383.41 KiB) Viewed 6172 times
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Amazing, I never realized you could use that one as a weapon...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files