Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

New Modification - TLI1

Post by Draconisaurus »

I am currently working on a new Trespasser level. At this time, "Drac~Test" is an ongoing project, with small additions over time to find aspects of how the engine works and experiment with its abilities; but this level does not anticipate a release for some time. I am of a mind these days to move away from the asset-assembly mode of level making, which was fun and productive for a long time, and explore what is possible when targeted time is given to a single project over the long course, simultaneous with a small project scope so that the end result is not impossibly far away.

TLI1 may or may not have animals roaming around in it. Do not look for combat situation, or tourist-attraction passer-by arrangement. The level has in mind puzzling scenarios to make one think or consider in how to proceed. The plan has for a number of new models, including the natural scenery. It is my belief that many things Trespasser can do are not employed, as a condition from spending time on creating cool appearances or difficult combat scenarios. With hope, this can be grown.

I have taken some suggestion seriously and done some actual pen-sketch conceptual art for a mod. It is a rather nice experience and I look forward to more of this method's use. I still believe TresCom has untapped paper-artist potential from its members. For now, this is the image I give for how the space is to look.
TLI1_ConceptArt01.jpg
TLI1_ConceptArt01.jpg (526.49 KiB) Viewed 2740 times
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: New Modification - TLI1

Post by tatu »

I really like this Stone-Age type of feeling of the image. I wanna guess it has some King Kong inspiration based on the wall in the background?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey Tatu, well a little bit. I was drawing from a few places.
At any rate, after some time debating, by now I am deciding to not finish this project. It became too stressful mental-health wise. Similar things I might make in the future but this was too big a bite to chew, let alone swallow. Below is the other, unfinished concept art image I drew for the mod:
TLI1_ConceptArt02.jpg
TLI1_ConceptArt02.jpg (534.21 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
The mod was to be fairly small in size, possibly with no CAnimals. Entirely puzzle-based.
TLI1_01.png
TLI1_01.png (213.72 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
This model was based on the Command Compound toy from the first Jurassic Park movie. Except in this case made of stone and thatch.
TLI1_02.png
TLI1_02.png (281.2 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
One of the areas was going to be a heavily modified stone version of the Visitor Center by hppav. The inside was to have a lot of puzzles and things, and going about to different areas of the island was to be a gradual process of solving things.
TLI1_04.png
TLI1_04.png (310.73 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
I was going to make a large portion or all of the foliage in the level fresh in 3ds Max. I only actually started one of them... Various ideas for how to put puzzles beyond keycards, board-stacks, and push-one-button were in planning. Some of that might make it into a future project. But, this mod just became too big, and too nice-looking. Sometimes the things which look the nicest are the ones assured to never come into being. It was nice to try.
tatu

Post by tatu »

One day Trespasser will see another fully complete level. ;)

You should release what you've done though. ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

StoneAge, huh? Why not dress Anne up as Wilma Flintstone, recreate BedRock and give her a club to clobber the dinosaurs
with! Hell, the cartoon had history wrong anyways, so our dinosaurs fit into the concept.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You know, Rebel, you may be up to something there...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Bit disappointed to see this one being dropped, but I understand. Seems like you were biting off a fair bit with those new buildings.
Rebel wrote:StoneAge, huh? Why not dress Anne up as Wilma Flintstone, recreate BedRock and give her a club to clobber the dinosaurs
with! Hell, the cartoon had history wrong anyways, so our dinosaurs fit into the concept.
I feel like we've discussed a Flintstones level in the past...

The "drivable car" from LostJungle would fit perfectly - the one which you pick up by the steering wheel and then literally walk around as if you're driving it. Just add those Hanna-Barbera running sounds and you're good.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tatu, yes one day. I learn with each level. I am afraid the level isn't to be released. It goes into the mists of time, now.

TresStoneAge, hmm... Doesn't sound like a mod I might make, but TI has a nice idea there. I quite like putting ancient architecture and dinos together.

TI, yep. That command compound was nice. Found out what the scale looks like in first person. It had a staircase going up the back. Draco sighs.