Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Internet Trespassing

Post by Draconisaurus »

It's come to my attention over the past few weeks, that Trespasser routinely comes up in modern Internet-doings entirely unnoticed by TresCom. I find this a little odd; partially I feel it comes from the lack of modern Interweb-users' inclination to join and post-at forums, and partially from that our active member base here isn't large enough that it finds and posts these things from abroad.

Well, how about we change some of this? I feel like we as TresCom, who have pioneered Trespasser's survival for a couple decades, ought to be more familiar with the game's ongoing history. Sometimes I feel like we -think- we are, already, and simply shrug off the occasional finds of non-TresComer's works that arise.

To start! Here is some relatively simple art, though I imagine it took a while to put together. "ArtStation", an alternate take on DeviantArt that seems fairly commercialized, has 'concept art' of Burroughs in eerie greyscale. I like it! It's confident, and dashing.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xzKZA4
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
I am a little intrigued by how much work went into this scene, for what small amount of it we can see. It looks quite nice; a playable space consistent with these images would be quite potent.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Internet Trespassing

Post by tatu »

Some really nice art!

I can't help to see that everything looks done from scratch, except the "slow" sign. It looks like it was taken directly from the texture. :P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Indded... Hmm are you sure? It looks fairly high res, and not all use AI texture upscaling. : P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Next is an image, whose address won't seem to load... But, it presents a nice-looking take on the theory that Harold Greenwood is the pilot of the BioSyn helicopter. This time, with toxin Lindstradt instead of Uzi or AK. Looks quite pretty, and has a creative way to rearrange Trespasser elements and still take place inside Trespasser.
The link mentions flickr but/and directs to some other site:

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/anne%2Cdam
23356901451_a4ee145b2d_b.jpg
23356901451_a4ee145b2d_b.jpg (133.29 KiB) Viewed 7647 times
tatu

Post by tatu »

Oh nice image!

According to archive.org that website is a Flickr mining tool, so the original is probably on Flickr. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh you do keep ontop of things, that is cool... Hmm I wonder why he made the yellow crate so thin? And I can't tell if the hand is wearing the glove.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Huh you do keep ontop of things, that is cool... Hmm I wonder why he made the yellow crate so thin? And I can't tell if the hand is wearing the glove.
I am quick. ;)

His hand is wearing the glove I think, it is just blending with the environment very well.
Not sure about the yellow crate. Maybe they forgot what the yellow crate actually was and turned it into a weapon crate?

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

We never did get to see those cameras and seismic instruments. I wonder if anyone will make them one day.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:We never did get to see those cameras and seismic instruments. I wonder if anyone will make them one day.
Well, technically if they were in those yellow crates, then they are actually in the game... :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Years later it was discovered that the cameras inside Hammond's yellow crates were in fact phone-cameras. Whether these were stolen from the future, or prototype versions from unknown sources, is unknown.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

So another artist named Hellraptor seems to draw a lot of dinos in general, but I quite like his Trespasser illustrations. These skins can look so much different in a full-life style... Most of his Tres art is on Pinterest, which one needs an account to view for more than several seconds, but you can still see these images here:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... egUIARCXAQ

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

And another one here which catches my eye. I remember first seeing this in the past 5 years or so, but looking here, it's actually from the TC~Isle contest that the TC Ops put together, as it seems in 2004 (which Mickey won with TheHunt level). This image might look simple but I quite appreciate the reality mixing used to present what could be an only lightly-altered image of some imaginary version of the game, with 3rd-person-view and higher resolution terrain. Ah well!

https://www.deviantart.com/dinoneill/ar ... er-5795161
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
tatu

Post by tatu »

Niice images! If only we were better at asking and adding fan art to the site :P

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I have heard of a mysterious admin with the ability to do such things...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The latest image you posted is an edit of Lara Croft, if that isn't clear enough. I wonder just how many people have used Lara as a representation of Anne due to how similar their general appearances are.