TRESCOM_ANTHOLOGY

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

TRESCOM_ANTHOLOGY

Post by Rebel »

This contains the series: tc_prequel, tc_level (trescom), tc-isle and tc_rescue. New Game starts with the prequel. The prequel was always the missing piece of the puzzle in our trilogy series since we didn't offer a true beginning of how Anne's adventure began. That hole in our story is finally patched.

Sig contains the final releases both for the anthology and updates to tc_prequel. You can also visit the main site (under levels) to download both

Spoiler walkthrough below:
Spoiler: show
Your first objective is to find a way out of the compound. Heading straight out from the nose
of Anne's crashed plane (that we'll assume she rented; yes, she's a pilot and an adventurous
young woman at that) you'll come upon a dry lakebed. Following the stream cutting through
the lake bed until to come upon the rather large dam. Your objective? Climb the dam -

Once atop the dam take note to the cable car's (or tram's) wheel and control mechanisms.
Climb the ladder up to this. The power is out and the main power is down, but that is easily
circumvented by backup battery power which is still available once you fix a loose connect-
ion. Go around the back of the generator, take note that one of the cables isn't quite seated
onto its terminal. Push it down -

Once that's done, hit the lower button on the generator's front controls. Once the generator
comes to life, pull the level down to you right to engage the cable's wheel. To avoid injury,
when climbing back down from the platform use the 'X' (backwards button) to slow descent.
(Use this same procedure to climb back down the dam, else you may gain too much speed
and likely fall to your death).

Take the Cable Car ride by hitting the button the control post in front. Once the car comes
to a stop, step off and enter the building. The one item you need here is a key (this opens
the Adminstration building's office door).

Once the key is retrieved, take the ride back to the dam and carefully make your way back
down, continuing on toward's the dock you no doubt noticed while on your way to the dam.
Inside the compound you'll note the manors under construction, but it is the brick building
which holds the Admin's office. Use the Key -

Once inside, take note of the papers on the desk. Both are similiarly important, but it's the
one to your right regarding the BullDozer's key location that you're most interested in. (No
doubt, you noticed the dozer parked in the middle of the road). The note will tell you where
to look for that dozer key. There's a back room which is hidden behind the stairs inside of
the compound walls, that's your target area.

Leaving the admin office, head down the stairs to your left and continue on into the opening
of the compound walls. Make a left into the other opening showing the stairs. Just before
the 2nd set of stairs, to your left, is a button. Push it. That'll force the stairs to recede into
the hallway behind them and allow you to enter the solar power room. Give a look around,
find that key!

I'll assume you found it. Head out and go for the bulldozer. Climb aboard, positioning the
key between the dozer's control shifters. Once the ignition is found, the dozer will start n'
you'll go for your little ride. A bulldozer is not a ferari, so it'll take you a while to get there!

Tada! The dozer did its job, and the gates are pushed open. Now, get the hell out there.
Straight ahead is the road, to your far right is a set of tracks. Both, will lead you to a mine
maintenance building. You'll need to do a few things here. first, unlock the wind turbine,
that'll throw power to the building. Yet, something is still missing -

InGen Employees did a bit of sabotage before they left. They barracaded the doors and
disabled the turntable (the arch doors are automatically locked down while the turntable is
straight and turned away from the doors). There is a contol panel, of course, to operate
the turntable, but they removed one of the capacitors. You'll need to find a replacement,
and I'm going to tell you where to find it. ;)

If you're inside of the building, hang a left down the set of tracks that curve away from the
building. Following them, you'll come to a tressle bridge. Be advised, there is a rex just
standing there waiting for you, but he's a bit clumsy at times and may wind up falling off
of the tressle, or you can simply outsmart him and make your way around him (although
it's a lot more fun when he chases you down the bridge, it's a hoot).

At the far end, you'll see a mine entrance. It has collapsed (or was this sabotage too?) on
to a mining train engine, but lucky for you a compartment at the rear of the engine holding
a set of capacitors is still accessible. Pull the handle, being certain the the door is pulled
all the way down and now resting onto the engine's coupler.

Spoiler, spoiler, spoiler! Now, I bet my best star trek collectable that most didn't notice that
each capacitor had a different color code. Did you? Kudos, if you did and if you didn't, it
would be simple guesswork to figure out which one you need. The answer is, the second
one from the left, the capacitor with the orange block -

Take that back to the maintenance building. If you line up the capacitor properly, it'll slide
into place. Go to the control box (all lights should be green) and hit the button. The turn-
table should rotate into place, the arch doors are now unlocked. Go to the doors to your
left and go inside. The interior is rather sparse, but you'll note a few items sitting atop a
work bench. The capacitor the worker's removed, and two more keys. You'll need the
green colored key. Take it -

Exiting the building this time, go out towards the parking lot containing the truck, following
the obsured roadway that leads to another bridge. But, you're not ready to go across the
bridge just yet. Take note of the Y in the road; continuing on that road a ways, you'll come
upon an RV that pulled off the road is sitting beneath some trees. Hmmm..., a green key,
green rv, yup, you got the right key. :)

Line up the key, and go inside. Look around if you care to (there is a gun there up front),
but what you really came in here for is written down on the inside of the only cabinet door
which will open. Read the code and remember it. ;)

Head out, across the wooden bridge and follow the road all the way out. You will run into
a female Albertasaur near the road, but simply weave your way around her as her main
concern is her eggs and not her dinner.

At the end now, are you? Sweet. Go up to the control box, I always found with the button
pads that lining up Anne's arm and not her body make working these pads much easier. I
will assume that you've punched in the code, the door swung open and you grabbed that
key.

Use it on the extra security gates that were added and swing both of them open to allow
yourself a little room. Your last step is to simply lift the log post that's holding both doors
tight. Toss it aside -

That's it, man. Touch the right door and off you go to the tc_level. I hope you enjoyed it.

Easter Eggs/Points of Interest

The pontoon boat is a shout out to Minnie Driver, named the Minnie along with a few pics
of her on the bridge.

Milling Area: This isn't intrinsic to the story line, but an interesting place to visit. The Big
AI here can be killed by luring him into the poison gas area (be certain to have your gas-
mask on ( found inside the log lift tractor)). You can obviously reach the maintenance
building by going through the poisonous gas area too, it's just an alternate route -

Sleeping Raptor: This raptor can be found by following the track out from the compound
and just past the 1st hill to your left. She's sleeping there. Get too close and she'll wake
up.

Closed Eyes: All raptors will close their eyes after being killed. I'm fairly certain that this
hadn't been done before, maybe, I don't know. All I know is it's cool -

Plane Number: The same as the star ship U.S.S. Enterprise

Mayan Area Allosaur: A camera hint shows how it can be killed without weapons -

Mayan Battle-Axe: This weapon is much more effective if thrown at a raptor rather than
chopping at it.

Dead Guy (in the Death Valley Gasland): Easily missed with the gas mask on, there is a
weapon lying next to him.

Plane FlyBy: If you walk out behind the RV and to your right a plane will fly by startling a
surprised Anne. Could it be another adventurous sightseer, a search plane, or perhaps
the owner of the plane that Anne rented and crashed? Take your pick -

Bunker: If you took the tracks and not the road coming out of the compound, you won't
notice this roadside, underground bunker. It has no weapons, but you can reload a few
there. The Spaz, and the mp5 semi found inside of the chevy truck. *The raptor eating
a piece of meat you may have noticed on your way there won't really bother you unless
you harass it.

Cheat Hint: If you still couldn't find the dozer key, just hit the hint button while inside of
the solar room (F1).

Prequel Final Update:

Changes made since the previous final released: Note: ignore
previously released patches with this version since it already
contains the 2 previous updates plus other changes I've made
since watching ShadeFyre's videos.

(nearly all changes below came from watching his videos. Quite
helpful ;) )

Prequel Level:

Added save text at dam (Safe Point: please save game here)
Added hint trigger for gun useage (inside of minnie pontoon boat)
Added hint trigger for puzzle board (used to reach roller doors)
Moved computer station key to more visible location
Added end drainage pipe (mine water that's dumped into swamp pond)
Added hint trigger for chimney secret (inside finished manor)
Improved train capacitor puzzle (easier and less clumsy)
Fixed Ceolo vocals (Rex vocals were eronously mixed in (my bad))
Prevented Anne from surviving a compound wall jumpoff (onto fence)
Added sub_objects that were mia on the mansions
Added Swamp Tylosaur
Added AI_Boxes around RV & Rv's Trailer
Added AI_Box around Train Maintenance Bldg.
Tweaked TRex's script
Tweaked the tram's $objects count to lessen collision overload
Added $Objects to dam's 2nd level door (missing)
Moved 2nd plane flyby trigger to a more accessible location
Increased Wind Turbine's push strength (for rotation of blade)
Added save text at Train maintenance building (save here)
Added Ammo_Box (for reloading of spas (spas stored, use ammo box)
Added 2nd death for certain raptors (related to eyes closed as a
few are 'reanimated' after death and teleported to other locales)
Reduced Mama Allosaur's eggs size (1/2 scale)
Removed splash sound (while phouse outlet is water free)
Removed shadow from small rocks (storables)
Removed 'this is a test' texover for basement sumppump

Note these changes/additions will be the final editing of prequel
level. Hopefully addressing these issues will make it a more en-
joyable level to play -

A final note on Save_games: Not all triggers (in particular the
boolean triggers) current states are saved correctly. To ensure
that all machinery and/or puzzles work correctly, I suggest that
a save game is created when a textover suggests doing so. These
are safe points, meaning before you enter (or reach) an area that
relies heavily on puzzling and/or triggers you're given a head's
up to 'save here'

6/05/2022 Reb.

@To Shadefyre (what was missed):

To long to post up on youtube, so did so here instead -j
Transmitter icon on plane yoke (Anne sends out a distress call)
As noted in vid comments, the plane's number
The compy 1st seen will only cower if approached and eventually
does die from the gases
Before the DaVinci Dam/small sluice gate there's a ravine where
a tylosaur is hanging out at the water's edge. (can be teased out
of the water and if on land too long, he'll die).
Repeat of the beach level with Anne in the ocean 'I don't really
feel like swimming vocals. They're there, you simply needed to go
out a little further to trigger them
There's a desert eagle inside of a loose rock in the mansion's
chimney.
There's a desert eagle behind the roller doors. A puzzle board is
lying behind the partially built manor that can be used to broach
the washout.
The GasMask is inside of the log lift tractor. Big Al will die in
there if he follows. A ways down the road is a broken down truck,
the skeletal remains of its driver is propped up against a rock n'
clutching his throat. lying beside him, a weapon -
Behind the hill, and after the hand rail ride, a raptor is asleep
Beyond the 1st rope bridge and reaching the trees, to the right is
an undecorated xmas tree (jingle bells plays if near)
A Mayan axe is lying amongst the 1st set of rocks to the left of
the keypad box
Half way across the larger rope bridge Colonel Bogey's March will
play (snipet)
After crossing, and up over the hill, is a pool of water where a
another tylosaur is meandering about
1st plane flyby is located behind and to the right of the RV near
a large tree and several large flat rocks
2nd plane flyby (since moved) was originally triggered by climbing
the slanted tree next to the 1st arch of the larger Mayan ruins.
A camera animation turns, shows the arch of the larger Mayan
ruins. By climbing the wall, you can wait for the Mayan AI to
go under the last part of the arch holding on and contacting it
will squash the beast.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: TRESCOM_ANTHOLOGY

Post by TheIdiot »

EDIT: CE-compatible version of TresCom Anthology. See the contained disclaimer .txt file for the few features left out of the CE edit. You can edit the link into your original post for quick access if you like, Rebel. :)

Download size 160mbs: (Updated 04/24/20)

TRESCOM_ANTHOLOGY_A_CE: https://www.mediafire.com/file/nsr8ji55 ... _A_CE.7z/f

@Edit (REBEL): T.I. was kind enough to create the ce version of the anthology, but due to atx's addon tpa files the TresCom and Effects tpas were missing crucial sounds within the original file TheIdiot posted. Repackaged, the link above now includes all updated tpas as well as additional work done on the level during the past few weeks.

ORIGINAL POST

Sooo...is this the "finished" release that I can play to the end..? Also, I'm curious to know which version of TC~Isle is included here?

And you're definitely welcome for the help on this one! As I've said, it feels like an honour to have helped out even a little bit with a TC level. I'm glad you were able to find another use for those railroad tracks and whatever else I might have contributed. :)

EDIT #2: ELECTRIC REVIEW-ALOO

Alright, so I played through the entirety of Prequel, pretty sure I didn't miss anything! Hastily written review in the spoiler:
Overall, I felt like there were a lot of high points and very few low points (most of which involved trekking long distances). I must say that the amount of puzzle-related material is extremely impressive, there's just SO much to do in this level, and you have to ensure you check every nook and cranny. The good news is, you really want to check everywhere because there are so many interesting locations scattered around the map. The use of animations and other triggering tactics to create some of this stuff, especially the bulldozer part, really holds it up there with the other TC levels - it does definitely fit in with the rest of the series.
I also think the sheer amount of cool new models is something worth noting, and the objects which are re-used appear very tastefully. I was really amazed by some of the structures you came up with - those houses and the mine-cart house in particular. Every location felt worth exploring, even if they were empty. There are a lot of resources I think other Trespasser modders can definitely use, and some things which can also be used as examples when trying to script things. One tiny detail I really liked was that the ladders work excellently - you can walk up them simply by pressing W, or back onto them and let Anne climb down without touching the controls.
As for the variety of dinosaurs was perfect and felt realistic, though I would have liked to perhaps see a few more in the starting regions. I especially liked the fact that I could actually go back to locations to reload my guns, it made them worth keeping and also gave me an idea of how many bullets I could lay into a dinosaur before I wouldn't have any weapons left.
There are a couple of downsides, however - I still can't help but dislike the extremely dense fog, especially since there are definitely some cool vistas from which the level could be seen. I'm not sure if the fog distance could be rolled back in ATX, however, so it's not a huge deal, but it does make it hard to navigate sometimes. The other thing I disliked was the amount of walking that had to be done in some areas where nothing would really happen, the biggest example here being the dried-up lakebed. It takes quite a while to trek across it, and an unlucky player might end up having to do it a couple of times. I also ended up getting nearly stuck at the mine-cart house and walked in a circle before finding the solution, which is unfortunate as there is a lot of terrain to cover and some of it didn't really serve much of a purpose in this region (despite the really interesting section over by the lumber yard).
Anyway, don't get me wrong, I really loved the level. There's so much to do and the variety does definitely make it interesting, and there were some particular "AH-HAH!" moments which made it worthwhile when the puzzles made logical sense.
I do look forward to playing a more completed version of the level at some point as I did discover some empty areas, but for the moment this is definitely a level worth playing. I guess this is a sort of temporary alpha-stage review, but for the moment I'd give it an 8/10. With a bit more purpose to the empty areas, it can definitely be a 10.

And a bug report:
-Around the area with the T-rex, the physics decided to stop working a couple of times to the point where I fell through the walkway. Not too sure why this happened, but I re-loaded and it worked fine. I also managed to get my arm stuck in the mine-cart engine a few times somehow, possibly related to this bug.
-The keypad at the end gave me some SERIOUS difficulty...it's like the buttons were either really small, the triggers were too far back in the box, or it was just straight-up broken sometimes. Though I did finally get the passcode punched in, it was a bit of a struggle.
-I seem to remember seeing the inside of the dam modelled, but I couldn't get inside in this level. Are the doors supposed to be locked?
-The water in the basement of the warehouse doesn't quite touch the stairs, which results in a visible gap between the water's surface and the steps.
-There is a section of the fake mountainside next to the dam turbine building whose edge is a couple of inches from the surface it's supposed to be touching.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Nice to hear you mostly enjoyed it, T.I. Bugs, I never ran into a physics failure on the tressel bridge, but you know Trespasser, that sometimes happens and generally not much you can do about it. The storage box at the end of the level gave you trouble? Hahaha. I can actually punch in the code every time without error, but that came with a lot of usage, knowing the best place to stand and the best distance to be at when using it. I generally aim for the left side of each button, that way you don't wind up hitting 2 buttons at once. I know it's a bit tricky, but setting it up a button pad onto a door was one big pain in the ass -

And yeah, I know you hate heavy fog, but I do think the level looks better that way, not only for rendering purposes but I like it for the spook factor. I have a map made for the Map Cheat, but I forgot to include it. I'm not sure if anyone uses them, but it does denote your location and the red squares show places you need to visit.

*Water in basement, fake mountain near dam. I probably never rechecked their positions. When machf redid the terrain for me they were probably a few of the things I missed to reset down to the new terrain height. My bad -

** Interior of dam. The doors are locked, at least for now. The interior is done like you said, but the control room is empty, I never scripted the elevators and the flood control room is missing its controls. So, I don't want to open up the interior of the dam unless it's properly done -

To that end, I appreciate the comments, Bud. ;)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

And yeah, I know you hate heavy fog, but I do think the level looks better that way, not only for rendering purposes but I like it for the spook factor.
Yeah, I'm certainly not going to say it's a bad choice as I do get the atmosphere from it. I think maybe I'm just too used to RTJP and its across-the-island render distances. :P
The storage box at the end of the level gave you trouble? Hahaha. I can actually punch in the code every time without error, but that came with a lot of usage, knowing the best place to stand and the best distance to be at when using it. I generally aim for the left side of each button, that way you don't wind up hitting 2 buttons at once. I know it's a bit tricky, but setting it up a button pad onto a door was one big pain in the ass -
I definitely understand the difficulty of getting it set up on a moving object, that's gotta have been a challenge. I think perhaps there was something going on with the physics here like on the bridge, though...it seemed as if I could hit the buttons in the same spot many times and they would only trigger occasionally (by comparison, I can usually punch in a code on the regular Trespasser button pads in a few seconds without messing up). My hand was also clipping into the box on occasion. If this is that physics bug, as you said, there isn't much that can be done, sadly.
** Interior of dam. The doors are locked, at least for now. The interior is done like you said, but the control room is empty, I never scripted the elevators and the flood control room is missing its controls. So, I don't want to open up the interior of the dam unless it's properly done -
Gotcha, that makes sense then. I'm eager to see it completed, I really like trying to navigate those kind of claustrophobic interior spaces.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

@Edit: I removed the files below as they're no longer necessary Both the ATX and CE versions of the Anthology links above are now updated with all necessary changes to CE's tpas and the atx map is now also included within the repackaged atx anthology version.

Both versions above also include all changes and additions to the prequel level made during the past few weeks.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I'm checking out the updated version now...just waiting for the download to finish...
*waits*
*checks out level*
Alright, I gave it a quick TresEd look. The new stuff is really cool, I'm eager to see how it falls into the overall level. You sure like your large, dramatic buildings dug into the sides of mountains, don't ya? :wink: The level's starting to shape up pretty well, it's going to be really interesting to explore once everything's filled out.
I really like what you did with the new allosaur - is his skin a combination of my PSX allosaur and the JPDS Big Al? It's a small touch, but it definitely makes it feel more realistic, having an allosaur with an intermediate skin.

One small suggestion I have, now that you're fleshing out the new area of the level, is to perhaps make some way to get from the area in front of the mountainside ruin across the river, somewhere around the little area where you've put that lone cluster of trees - maybe some kind of decaying bridge or something? From a gameplay standpoint, this would allow players to circle back around to the area by the lumber camp without having to walk all the way back to the end-level gate, as well as allow for an alternative out-of-the-way entrance into the new area.

Also, I just realized that this level is technically the first time in the TC story that Anne has encountered dinosaurs. It might be fitting to add a voiceover here or there when she first encounters a dinosaur where she remarks on this. Unless of course this is indeed the same Anne who crash-landed on Isla Sorna as well as almost every other mod level...in that case, she's probably sick of dinosaurs by now!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

I may check this out soon, not right now.. Am sad to hear that you're taking a break after all this time! And, at the same time, I've found I need my own breaks from Trespasser projects, to generate the enthusiasm and creativity needed to create new stuff. So, here's to that.

*Note: The JPDS "Big Al" was originally released in a small level by SecondIlliteration, based on Walking with Dinosaurs - he did a great job.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Draconisaurus wrote:I may check this out soon, not right now.. Am sad to hear that you're taking a break after all this time! And, at the same time, I've found I need my own breaks from Trespasser projects, to generate the enthusiasm and creativity needed to create new stuff. So, here's to that.

*Note: The JPDS "Big Al" was originally released in a small level by SecondIlliteration, based on Walking with Dinosaurs - he did a great job.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't suffering from level building burnout Drac, but it's more so a lack of free time. Unfortunately, work has to come first, and we have more than we can handle at the moment. I hope you don't take too long a break though, your levels are always unique and entertaining. The shorter levels seem to garner more attention too, which is a good thing to keep people interested.

*That BigAI is a damn fine model.
*T.I., as always, thanks for the input. As always, I take that input into consideration. ;)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

The TresCom.tpa file was missing a sound while wearing the gas mask. If anyone wants to replace the file inside of the anthology's package (inside data folder), it's in the 7zip below.

tpa: https://www.mediafire.com/file/n5ysp907 ... ia.7z/file
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh, the gas mask needed to protect from corona? :P
RavingRaptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by RavingRaptor »

There seem to be something missing in the tpa's still.
When i get to the lighthouse in Tc-isle, when I cross the bridge there is a loud beep before it plays the pterodactyl sound.

Another thing and it might be old news, in the beginning of Tc-isle the balloon is not visible in hardware render, only software.
I also have to ask about the sky, is it supposed to be dark/black'ish or grey/sunny in Tc-isle?

I tried both the CE package and the ATX and i was the same deal.

Edit:
Forget about the balloon comment, it was there but i couldn't see it properly through the fog.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

There seem to be something missing in the tpa's still.
When i get to the lighthouse in Tc-isle, when I cross the bridge there is a loud beep before it plays the pterodactyl sound.
Just checked. Actually, it isn't a missing sound, this half senile old man set the actiontype incorrectly on the trigger. Instead of actiontype = 25 (for a float Delay= 5), I have it set to actiontype = 0. So, naturally there's no sound assigned so that's why you hear the beep. Thanks for catching it though. ;)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh I wonder why we've only just noticed that, after all this time..?! XD

You know my favorite experience of TC~Isle is still my first. With the computer and settings I happened to be using, the white-fogged palm trees fadded evenly into the background.. possibly the sky did not show up. But that was great because, there were no random outlines of palms in the distance, everything faded evenly around you, it was unclear what the shape of the island was or where to go... Total mystery.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

4 days off starting tomorrow, gonna check this out 8>
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

4 days off starting tomorrow, gonna check this out
Nice to see you around again, Hilwo. ;)

@Drac: The original trescom.tpa file had a silent wav for the missing sound in lieu of the retail's tone wav. When I rebuilt the tpa file using the tpa_player, it builds a tpa file like a retail one (meaning, the missing sound is actually the tone wav). I rebuilt it from scratch because of CE. When T.I. originally posted a CE version of the Anthology, he hadn't realized that the package contained additive tpa files and I didn't know if CE supported them. So, I just rebuilt all the tpa files as to eliminate all the additive tpas.

In short, the t-script error I mentioned above was always there, we just never heard it with the original trescom.tpa -