Trespasser: Dark Silence (working title)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Melber
Triceratops
Triceratops

Trespasser: Dark Silence (working title)

Post by Melber »

So we have a new year here.! And I worked a bit. And for Trespasser: Dark Silence (working title) mod We have prepared several objects for the show :!:

:TEAM:
LEAD / DESIGN, SCREENPLAY - Shenlor
SCREENPLAY, LEVEL DESIGN, MODELER - Melber
ASSISTANT / SCREENPLAY - SpykerCZ

Dynamic grass test and some pictures.

Sketch of the island
pictures
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Click on Image
Click on Image
Click on Image
Click on Image
Last edited by Melber on Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: Trespasser: Dark Silence

Post by Rebel »

That stuff looks pretty cool, Melber. I like ancient architecture in general, so I find the images intriguing. As a note, don't go too crazy with the grass though, Draco ran into a problem a while back because of using too much of it.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That dragon looks rad - there can never be enough CAnimals. :) I overall really like the fantasy setting, it's something fresh...reminds me a lot of what Rebel did with Ruins, actually. I'm eager to see where this goes. The title kind of sounds like it's a sequel to Dark Secrets, even though I don't think that's the case.

As for the grass - it should be fine so long as the grass object's polygons don't intersect. I fear however that when the grass moves it will result in a crash due to this issue.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

This mod looks pretty awesome. Dragon Approved 8)
The grass object thingy.. I forget exactly what issues I had, but I know TheIdiot tried making all his ground foliage have physics in BeachHD, which resulted in the objects of the final area simply not having any physics, due to overload. The opacity thingy is a point too, Trespasser struggles with too much of that at once and/or heavy opacity intersection. One of my recommendations for large maps is to test-place objects around the area in a dummy version of the level, entirely non-final but simulating the same amount of foliage, buildings etc. that you want the level to contain, so you can test stability. Could save major headaches later on.
Melber
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: Trespasser: Dark Silence (working title)

Post by Melber »

So I managed to get a Trespasser !

In an incredibly unused state. In the best condition I've ever seen, for 150 GBP = 4,516,958 CZK Yes, it's a bit big price, but as a collector I see it too. And it's the best state of any game I've got
It's the top of my entire collection. :D

Unboxing:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

NO ONE CARES! :x

...I mean! Awesome :mrgreen: I've never seen the inside of the box, that's neat. My question is, why is there both a CD-cover booklet and a main booklet...? 'Nyways, cool that the box cover is full image-bump, that's neat.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Nice stuff Melber!

Trespasser had a release with the Big Box that contain a manual and it had a cd/case-only release where the manual is in the CD-cover. I believe it was quite common when the game was "re-released" or some countries. I bought a Trespasser CD from Canada many years ago which had the manual in the case, so I guess it is either from some countries or a second print run.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."