TLC Patch PreRelease

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: TLC Patch PreRelease

Post by LCountach »

tatu wrote:IJ:
- Build 96 have several stuff underground between the start and the lake area.
- Both "Pbenelli-03" and "Phk91-01" are inside a "baker" object and are therefore not possible to get.
- In Build 96 there are several bones underground and a MAC10 at the lake area. Close to the waterfall there is a toxic rifle underground. There is also the broken jeep in that area.
These are some good finds! After reading this, I had a fly through underground in the retail level. I was shocked to find around a dozen small rocks under the path. Along with several other items like twigs and such.

The overturned jeep by the waterfall is great! It gives reason and a story to the hunting rifle that is just laying in the middle of the valley. I am surprised I missed something so big and obvious as a jeep LOL. I also like the bones too. They add to the atmosphere and show the valley is the T-Rex's hunting ground. I am not so sure about the MAC10 and Trank Rifle in this area. There are sooooo many guns scattered around the Trespasser levels. It borders on absurd. I think I may opt to leave these out as the devs also chose to do.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

If I remember, the underground stuff in IJ fits with the old terrain as that one is much lower overall.

It is! That area still confuses me, at least in TresEd. I always think the waterfall is further away than it actually is. :P
The Mac-10 is probably still from the E3 build, and I believe the Trank rifle is from one of them as well. I do agree the game have too many guns. And having them at skeletons or cars are what I would find logical. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hehe. Exploring levels is fun. Since we got the early builds, I have seen the muddy swamp dirt region (IJ2 - the second area in IJ) to be very reminiscent of the description of the raptor nest from TLW novel, for those who have read that (I am currently rereading it and just got done with the section describing the nest).
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

I was doing some more editing on Industrial Jungle and I noticed something. One of the removed boards that were underground in the beta. It lead to an alternate path. If the player took a right just before the start of the black rock gorge. The one that has the autographed rock sequence. There was a board the player could climb. In the retail version, the devs have blocked off this route with those invisible "baker" walls. With the invisible walls raised up out of the way. There is a criss cross rout where the player can use fallen palm trees to avoid the raptors in the gorge. Is this a cool new find? Or was this already known?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, I've played IJ that way, but I don't know if others have bothered...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

It was known. It is a pretty cool path. I believe there is also some skeleton parts up on one of those side in Build 96 :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I always enjoy using as many criss-cross palms in IJ as I can, in the first third of the level. It's fun to play that way, and as I recall that was the main originally-intended mode to play that part of IJ.
Isolt
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Isolt »

I've been looking forward to trying this but I can't seem to get it to work. First I thought it was my HD textures, but I've done a fresh install and haven't used them.
I get about 1/3 of the way though "world initialization" then crash to desktop. Running CE on Win10

I've done a fresh install. Installed CE. Ran Trespasser and loaded a new game to test install. Closed and installed TLC as instructed. Same result.
I've tried the stock "trespasser.ini" and my modified one.
Any ideas? Log below but it doesn't say much. I've also got a crash dump if that's any help.
https://pastebin.com/7Xjr497H
tatu

Post by tatu »

Could you try making sure the [Debug] section in the .ini file be set like:

Code: Select all

SysLog=2

SilentAssert=1

LogDevInfo=100000

EnableInstanceNames=1
The last two should allow more info to show in the log file, and hopefully that could help.

Also, is there a specific level that causes the issue? Or is it Beach itself?

Isolt
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Isolt »

Ah that added some more info, thanks.
Seems to fail at "DEV: Pre-generated texture mipmap "Mip/473200807ba04c0d.mip" not found, generating it now"
https://pastebin.com/HhMg6hNg
I can load the other levels fine. I'd try re-downloading it but the links dead.
Isolt
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Isolt »

Hi LCountach. Thanks for putting this together, I've really enjoyed playing through it and exploring!
I couldn't get the beach to load so had to skip it.
I've never played pine valley so that was a great edition! And a nice transition from the town. If you don't want to edit the terrain of the lab have you considered removing the trees at the start of the level to make it match PV, or adding trees to PV? I actually got the power plant puzzles to work, so thanks for all the effort you put into that! I struggled with all the doors and gates though. The gate closest to the stairs didn't seem to have it's crossbar in but I couldn't open it from the outside? The far gate I poked with the re-bar until they exploded. I assume you're supposed to push it between the gates and flip the crossbar off? I couldn't get the re-bar into the gap though. I was trapped in the control room until i finally shot the door open. I was also confused with the garage door on the generator room, how do you open it? I couldn't grab onto it, but luckily while pulling my rifle out to shoot it (shoot everything in trespasser to solve your problems) it got wedged under the door and flung me into the air opening the door at the same time! Success! What is the intended puzzle for the cooling towers, is something supposed to be wedged into the top?
All in all really having fun playing through again with all the fixes and small additions!
TPass020.jpg
TPass020.jpg (390.14 KiB) Viewed 8575 times
tatu

Post by tatu »

I was going to take a look at this and see if I had any BE issues, sorry for not getting to it. I will check it out this weekend unless someone else beats me to it.

I haven't tried this myself but nice to see you got it to work and enjoyed it. :D

Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

could someone reupload this patch? when i click on the link from the first post it gives me this error "403 Forbidden". same thing happens with the link to a fixed version of Jungle Road
tatu

Post by tatu »

Double_G wrote:could someone reupload this patch? when i click on the link from the first post it gives me this error "403 Forbidden". same thing happens with the link to a fixed version of Jungle Road
If you get a "403 Forbidden" from Zippyshare, it means Zippyshare block users from your country. It started to do that some time back. No one knows exactly why though. The file is offline anyway. Here is a reupload: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vya8hij1 ... 0.rar/file

Which Jungle Road are you talking about? Could you post in that topic? :)

Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

tatu wrote:
Double_G wrote:If you get a "403 Forbidden" from Zippyshare, it means Zippyshare block users from your country. It started to do that some time back. No one knows exactly why though. The file is offline anyway. Here is a reupload: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vya8hij1 ... 0.rar/file

Which Jungle Road are you talking about? Could you post in that topic? :)

I had no idea that they're blocking zippyshare in the UK. Thanks for the link :) That JR patch I mentioned was posted in this topic by LCountach, third post on the previous page https://www61.zippyshare.com/v/sUoBNTux/file.html