TLC Patch PreRelease

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: TLC Patch PreRelease

Post by Draconisaurus »

Glad you're enjoying your work on Trespasser. Always good to have people around doin' stuff. I still suggest getting into the modding scene when you're ready 8)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Glad you're enjoying your work on Trespasser. Always good to have people around doin' stuff. I still suggest getting into the modding scene when you're ready 8)
Hey, modifying the original levels are still modding. ;) That is mainly all I do. :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

For those who are interested, here is a download of the Jungle Road version I am working on. It has the updated road and monorail pylon placement. More importantly it also has broken wooden bridges in the locations where it would be impossible for a truck to drive over the natural barriers. Basically the same places where there are box jumping puzzles. I added the bridges to help tie in the look of Jungle Road's um... roads with the bridges from the Beach and Industrial Jungle levels. There are also many more props added into the level. For example, I fixed up the 45 pistol and placed it in an interesting location. I also swapped out the jeeps with the version form Build 96. The floor texture of the jeep has been fixed too. There are also a bunch more props added in that I missed from earlier BETAs of the Plantation house.

I would really like to know what you guys think of the bridges that were added. I wonder if they are a bit too much? However without them, the roads kinda don't make sense. Also, if someone could tell me why the orange tiles that were used in plantation house come in with corrupted colors when used as terrain textures. That would be appreciated. Strangely they look just fine if not flagged as terrain textures.

https://www61.zippyshare.com/v/sUoBNTux/file.html
Last edited by LCountach on Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

tatu wrote:Missing" blue chew toy in the padlock (Build 55). Physics left in retail level in basement.
I have been trying to import this prop and it keeps causing a crash upon opening the level. I tried replace existing instances and meshes check boxes. I tried deleting the physics objects that are already there. I have also tried letting it replace the existing textures. It just keeps crashing. I am not sure what is causing it. Any ideas?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I'm not familiar with that model, but if the level crashes about halfway or before, it's generally a geometry problem, ie. the model itself, and if it crashes right before loadup, it's generally a texture problem. I realize that's rather vague, but unless I can see the model itself, that's all I can offer atm.
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Rebel wrote:I'm not familiar with that model, but if the level crashes about halfway or before, it's generally a geometry problem, ie. the model itself, and if it crashes right before loadup, it's generally a texture problem. I realize that's rather vague, but unless I can see the model itself, that's all I can offer atm.
That actually may be helpful. I have noticed that various crashes tend to happen either at 33% loading bar filled or at 99%. So what you are saying makes sense. With the chew toy, it crashes at 33%. From your tip, that points to a geometry problem. I am not sure how to fix it but... that gives me clue where to start. Thank you.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Crash at 33% usually mean a mesh/geometry issue.
Crash at 99% usually mean a texture issue.

In early builds most (Build 55 have a mix) objects had Geometry type 1. Later they changed so visible and $physics required Geometry type 2. Lab 55's objects still uses the old system so you need to make sure you edit the .values file and put the Geometry from 1 to 2 and then import it, that should fix it. That is why TresEd recommends that option when exporting an objects (Add ext_GeometryType...). Same should be applied to the $ physics as well.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

tatu wrote:Crash at 33% usually mean a mesh/geometry issue.
Crash at 99% usually mean a texture issue.

In early builds most (Build 55 have a mix) objects had Geometry type 1. Later they changed so visible and $physics required Geometry type 2. Lab 55's objects still uses the old system so you need to make sure you edit the .values file and put the Geometry from 1 to 2 and then import it, that should fix it. That is why TresEd recommends that option when exporting an objects (Add ext_GeometryType...). Same should be applied to the $ physics as well.
Thankyou for the tip. It was the $physics that needed Geometry type 2. I had changed the main model to type 2 but I did not know about the $physics.

Anyone try out Jungle road and have a look at the bridges and other things? I am interested to know what you think.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I would really like to know what you guys think of the bridges that were added. I wonder if they are a bit too much? However without them, the roads kinda don't make sense. Also, if someone could tell me why the orange tiles that were used in plantation house come in with corrupted colors when used as terrain textures. That would be appreciated. Strangely they look just fine if not flagged as terrain textures.
That would be because of the palette. All terrain texture in a level must share the same palette (the same variation of colours). Easiest "hack" is to take a terrain texture that works and open it in an image program and then copy the "new" texture over it and save.
However, retail JR is lacking a good red colour in its palette so I do recommend using the titles as an object instead (which also increase the quality of the texture) and rather apply a basic script on it instead so they are solid (as long as they are squared objects).
Anyone try out Jungle road and have a look at the bridges and other things? I am interested to know what you think.
I took a look in TresEd and I really like how you did it. It looks good and as you did it in the BE style it fits!

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

tatu wrote:BE: (All in Build 96)

- Some scaffolding objects around the "gym" area. Worth noting if you do add them is that the "broken" one can cause the level to crash. I recall replacing texture on import fixes that.
- Trashcan close to weapons area, at those two foundation walls at the bottom. It got a pribar in it. You might not want to add it but it just adds another prop.
- Another copy of the bridge close to the monorail.
- Maybe replace the monorail parts that is laying around with those that have the middle raised?
- You might wanna add the plane propeller found in JR beach in Build 55. It already got physics for it (you might have to change the GeomType to 2, otherwise GeomAdd will report it as invisible).

JR: (Build 96)

- You could delete/move the road textures that are on the hills.
- One missing wood thingy at the bottom of the stairs in the PH house.
- Also that nighttable in TestScene belongs in the PH house.

IJ:

- It seems like you missed the controller panel thingy in the Airplane.

IT:

Nothing I can think of really. The 3D sidewalks maybe and of course using the "whole" town terrain found in the 3ds Max scene, but it might be a lot of work.

PV:

- Several of the Mayan parts are rotated wrong. Use the physics as an indication on which rotation is correct. Build 55 and before also have a higher quality version of that water path-thingy so it wouldn't be a terrain object.
- The "SPowerGrid" objects actually have higher quality versions in Build 55 or Build 32 (or both).

LAB:

- Lower "PPierTie01-06" and "PPierTie01-12". They are for whatever reason HIGH in the air. (present in retail game, so it is not you).
- There are some elevator pillars? in some of the corners in the warehouses in Build 55.
- "Missing" blue chew toy in the padlock (Build 55). Physics left in retail level in basement.
Tatu I have gone through this list. I am now working on the Whats New/Spoiler Guide. Do you know of any other items that I may have missed?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Give me this weekend and I will try to write up a list of all objects I know are in earlier builds and not in the retail versions. :)

Do you want me to include delete foliage instances? ;) ;) (joking)

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Understood. I look forward to to it.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I was thinking about this and have no idea how to write a proper one so I am gonna include some more stuff I found that is not in your release or in my previous post:

IJ:
- Build 96 have several stuff underground between the start and the lake area.
- Both "Pbenelli-03" and "Phk91-01" are inside a "baker" object and are therefore not possible to get.
- In Build 96 there are several bones underground and a MAC10 at the lake area. Close to the waterfall there is a toxic rifle underground. There is also the broken jeep in that area.

AS:
- Build 96 got a big terrain part in the beginning. However, adding it would mean you would have to redo this level.
- Build 96 - "SMV_RuinU-02" and those ruins was removed before retail.

AS2:
- Build 96 - There are more Mayan ruins at the beginning down the slope.
- Build 103 - Got an added Supply locker with a Calio gun at the beginning.
- Build 103 - "PHjeepOpenBodyHack00-03" only present in this build.
- Build 103 - "PSawHrseTop01-04" and those 3 crates are only present in this build as well. (Hey, I've noticed this for the first time ever today!).

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Thanks for the list. I will look into these items.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Good to see this kinda work being done -