TLC Patch PreRelease

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

TLC Patch PreRelease

Post by LCountach »

It's finally here. I have a prerelease version ready of the TLC patch I have been working on for the retail version of Trespasser. This thread is for all those who would like to help play test it. Leave comments, suggestions, and bug reports here. Hopefully we can get this thing ready for release in the download section. Thanks to all in advance who help out with the play testing.

Download Link: https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/dABJbVk4/file.html
Last edited by LCountach on Tue May 07, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: TLC Patch PreRelease

Post by TheIdiot »

Awesome, I'm eager to check it out. Haven't been too up-to-date on your project but I do have a general idea of what's going on. :wink: Nothing better than doing another Trespasser playthrough to warm up my the PC!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Please excuse my shitty memory - what is TLC?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Please excuse my shitty memory - what is TLC?
Trespasser LCountach?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Draconisaurus wrote:Please excuse my shitty memory - what is TLC?
Explanation is in the Readme file.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

So I gave this a playthrough (despite my new PC's performance issues)...to be honest I didn't really notice much different. Other than some obvious object height fixes and the addition of Pine Valley, everything seemed the same mostly the same as it was in Build 116. I was kind of hoping for a bit more in the change department, such as the opening of the Hidden Valley and the addition of some more missing objects, like the T-rex tooth. I also found it kind of odd that you left Anne as her Build 96 version in PV instead of replacing her with the matching B116 version, as well as left the beginning of LAB as it was in retail so it doesn't match up properly with PV. It kind of took away from the whole "fixed" aspect of the mod.

In the future, considering you're trying to sort of "restore" Trespasser to how it's meant to be, I'd like to see the addition of PH, converted over so that it matches up with the rest of the game (same dinosaurs, terrain textures, etc).
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

TheIdiot wrote:So I gave this a playthrough (despite my new PC's performance issues)...to be honest I didn't really notice much different. Other than some obvious object height fixes and the addition of Pine Valley, everything seemed the same mostly the same as it was in Build 116. I was kind of hoping for a bit more in the change department, such as the opening of the Hidden Valley and the addition of some more missing objects, like the T-rex tooth. I also found it kind of odd that you left Anne as her Build 96 version in PV instead of replacing her with the matching B116 version, as well as left the beginning of LAB as it was in retail so it doesn't match up properly with PV. It kind of took away from the whole "fixed" aspect of the mod.

In the future, considering you're trying to sort of "restore" Trespasser to how it's meant to be, I'd like to see the addition of PH, converted over so that it matches up with the rest of the game (same dinosaurs, terrain textures, etc).
It is true. You shouldn't "notice" much different from Build 116. The project started with just fixing the objects that were floating, sunken in the ground, and/or misplaced in some way. There are literately thousands of plants, trees, and other objects that were slightly re-positioned. Not easy to notice 99% of those when they don't stand out as off in some way. The Town and LAB are where you will see the most changes that deviate from the retail game. I am curious, was the T-rex tooth there for you? By your wording, I am not sure what you said. It is there for me. Yes it is also true I did not swap the Anne model for PV. I honestly dont know how to change it without breaking it. I was also preserving the way that level was setup. When I fixed the many guns that were pointing off at odd angles. I made them point a little off center like the rest of the working PV guns. I am curious again. I actually did change the end trigger location of PV and the start spawn location of the Lab to match with each other. You should trigger the exit to PV by simply approaching the bus instead of having to open the gate. Then you should spawn in behind the bus at the lab instead of back up the road by the wooden gate. I also removed the T-Rex from the start of the Lab because it isn't at the end of PV. If you meant editing the terrain. You are correct. I didn't do that. I found editing the terrain can disrupt the height of it FAR beyond what is edited. It can get as bad as making the entire maps elevation change. Thus requiring the editor to fix every object on the map to match the new elevation. After learning that lesson the hard way. I dont touch the terrain editor any more.

I wonder if I shared the wrong files? Perhaps you didn't install the patch correctly? Maybe I gave bad instructions on installing the patch? Or it is perhaps as you said. Maybe I didn't change enough things to match your expectations. Sorry about that. I did achieve what I set out to do. Sorry if that mislead anyone and/or got your hopes up too high.

Here are some screen shots of new content from The Lab map with questions in the descriptions. I want to verify I shared the correct files and/or that you installed the patch correctly.
Attachments
Did you start here exactly when the Lab started?
Did you start here exactly when the Lab started?
Lab1.jpg (243.12 KiB) Viewed 15987 times
Did you find the white key card on the oil drum along with the skeletal hand?
Did you find the white key card on the oil drum along with the skeletal hand?
Lab2.jpg (217.37 KiB) Viewed 15987 times
Did the inside of the white shed look like this?
Did the inside of the white shed look like this?
Lab3.jpg (125.43 KiB) Viewed 15987 times
Last edited by LCountach on Sun May 12, 2019 12:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

A few more shots and questions. Sorry for the image spam.
Attachments
Did Dennis Nedry's office have the blue keycard in it along with the new objects?
Did Dennis Nedry's office have the blue keycard in it along with the new objects?
Lab4.jpg (193.17 KiB) Viewed 15987 times
Were the capacitors and the scale in this room?
Were the capacitors and the scale in this room?
Lab5.jpg (131.93 KiB) Viewed 15987 times
Did this room next to the capacitor puzzle have the desk, computer, and chart in it?
Did this room next to the capacitor puzzle have the desk, computer, and chart in it?
Lab6.jpg (147.68 KiB) Viewed 15987 times
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

You may find a version of Plantation House close to what you suggested here.

LINK: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10795

I may make my own version in the future but... after editing thousands of plants. I am feeling burned out at the moment.

Edit: Don't get me wrong though. I appreciate the comments. Unfortunately I am not sure there is much I can do to alleviate your disappointment. If you can think of any items/props from the BETA builds that I may have missed and you would like to see them added. Please list them here. There were a few I skipped intentionally but, I am certainly looking for help and suggestions.

How about anyone else? Did anyone else have a go at playing through the patch? What did you think?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I haven't had the time to look at it yet, but it is my weekend list (provided I don't get screwed into going into
work again). The way I understand it, your goal was to fix all the problems with the level and not necessarily
put your own personal footprint on it?
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Rebel wrote:I haven't had the time to look at it yet, but it is my weekend list (provided I don't get screwed into going into
work again). The way I understand it, your goal was to fix all the problems with the level and not necessarily
put your own personal footprint on it?
Yes, fix as many problems as my skill level allows. Not add expansive new content. I went through every list I could find here on TresCom of items not used or removed from the game. I tried to find a place to add most of them back in. I also referenced those same lists to fix errors like the floating lock and buried hunting rifle in the Industrial Jungle. I did however use quite a bit of artistic license on The Town with extra item and prop placement. There are a few additions to The Lab as well. You can see some in the shots above. I was hoping for those elements to remain unspoiled for the first time play through of people like yourself. However, I was unsure if he got to see the new content or was just unimpressed by it. I hope you enjoy your play through.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Tried downloading it awhile ago, but keep losing my damn connection. I have a hard time downloading larger files,
too many people using the same wifi network and I'm the one that always gets kicked off. I'm going to try it again
after I eat lunch.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Just an FYI, I got it downloaded, I'll play through it on my next day off.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

For my part, I don't really have the patience to play through this, however I like the screenshots above. Nice to see those capacitors back. Is that capacitor chart from an early build? If so I totally forgot about it..
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Draconisaurus wrote:For my part, I don't really have the patience to play through this, however I like the screenshots above. Nice to see those capacitors back. Is that capacitor chart from an early build? If so I totally forgot about it..
Yes. The capacitor chart is from build 55. I exported the capacitors and copied part of their scripting from 55 also.

Thank you for being honest about your patience level. I was beginning to wonder why so few were commenting about the project.

May I suggest you play through the Town, Lab, and perhaps even Summit? You don't have to go around looking at all the plants checking if they are placed correctly. You can just play through them like normal and see the new content. It could be fun.