Need help please

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Need help please

Post by Dinohunter »

Hello I hope everybody's having a good day. I have a problem that i can't solve can somebody help me? I followed Draconisaurus's videos on making a level, I followed the videos step by step. When I made the level I put it in Trespasser CE data folder. When I load the level all i get is a blank screen I've tried over and over making new levels and trying different things, but all i get is the same black screen. I've tried using Trespasser Twilight but the same thing happens. The really weird thing is the level works just fine in TresEd I'm stumped on this one. Does anyone know what causes this? :?:
" Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming" - Ian Malcolm
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Need help please

Post by tatu »

It sounds like you are using the "New Game" button and not the level loading cheat? And did you remember to import Anne? ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Thanks for the reply! I did import anne, and imported all the files to make the level. I still get a black screen with a paper airplane looking thing. I did use Trespasser CE, I didn't try using the retail version though.
Dylan
" Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming" - Ian Malcolm
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Ok I tried using regular Trespasser, I used the level loading cheat to load my level. The same thing happened, the black screen :| . I tried importing dinosaurs, I thought it would make the level load but that didn't help either. Maybe I'm missing something, I'll try making another level and see what I did wrong.

Dylan
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Could you upload your level on a fileshare site such as box.com? We could look at it and see if it's your level files or something else.
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Sorry for the late response, here is the link to the level files on Google Drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15qNYfl ... sp=sharing

Dylan
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

There's absolutely nothing in that level... no wonder it won't load, it doesn't even have the minimum required elements.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Ok I'll try it again.

Dylan
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

I tried it again still get a black screen... I did everything exactly the same as the tutorial video.

Dylan
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

I think I'll stick to just playing the game for right now.

Dylan
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Dylan, machf says the level is empty. Can you see the objects you think you imported in TresEd? If so you might have multiple versions of the level running around. Be sure you're using the level-select cheat to load your level by-name.
Also, a simple test, watch your files' filesize when you use GeomAdd to import, and make sure the directories you're working with match up. If the filesize doesn't increase, nothing was imported.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Dinohunter wrote:Hello I hope everybody's having a good day. The really weird thing is the level works just fine in TresEd I'm stumped on this one. Does anyone know what causes this? :?:
My guess is, you have duplicate level files on your harddrive. One is being updated in TresEd, but it isn't the one you have inside the data folder. Do what Drac somewhat suggested; search your harddive for your level name n' see if duplicates show up in the search.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That seems to be it...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Thanks for all the replies! they are very helpful. Sorry for not answering in so long, I transferred all my data from my old laptop to a new one and I haven't got to try your suggestions yet. Ill let you know how it goes.

Thanks
Dylan
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Ok, so I tried it again with a new computer and reloaded all the programs like tresED, Geomadd, etc... I tried to make the level again and I get the same blank screen. The level files do have 2 KB to 1,095 KB so I know that I was successful with importing all the necessary files. I think I'll put this on the back-burner for now, and just enjoy Trespasser and the fan levels and TresCom. Thanks so much for all the responses though! :ebiggrin: :D ...Ill definitely let you know about my progress if I get it to work...

Thanks Dylan