Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Anne, The Trespasser - An Upcoming Short Fan Film

Post by tatu »

scallenger wrote:Well, I referred a composer friend to him that I hope he doesn't try to pull anything on him.
Seems like it is someone who on purpose make other people do the work for free and then just ignores them. You will never become a big director that way and specially not in the age of the internet where no on forgets!

Otherwise this sucks. It will be interesting to see how it ended up. All-in-all, any information he is using from TresCom is used without permission ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Yeah it's just a shame that this all could have been the first real attempt at a Trespasser film of any kind. Whether my vision of it would have been good or not, we will now never know. Even if he wasn't taking the Trespasser out of it we still wouldn't know since I never got to direct it. Given the location, it will be nice to look at; but also frustratingly so. So much potential, and it was ALL feasible.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

He just posted a poster with more info. on "his version":

https://www.facebook.com/KasolFilms/pos ... 7694162635
54516632_399505997496138_1152599347699908608_n.png
54516632_399505997496138_1152599347699908608_n.png (338.21 KiB) Viewed 11420 times
That is... kind of an unflattering picture of her. And she is an attractive girl, too. Nice going, director!

It came with this post:
When an offshore tour goes horribly wrong a woman finds herself stranded on a tropical island. What should be paradise is a cover for a dark and horrible secret. Now Elizabeth (Played by Samantha Calandrino) must search the island for her missing tour guide while avoiding the secret that the island holds...

Elizabeth: Lost is a short film written by Samuel Johnson. Kaosl Films looks forward to bringing you our first film in may of 2019!
I'll let all of your reactions speak for me...

All I will say is he is going to have to shoot a lot more or dub this thing like a Godzilla movie to make all of that work...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Written by... who the hell is Samuel Johnson?

And somehow now I can't take this tune out of my mind: "...a three-hour tour, a three-hour tour".

Why are so many actors credited? 4 other people aside from the protagonist... what did they do?

"What should be paradise is a cover for a dark and horrible secret." Yes, it's a place where a self-proclaimed writer/director takes other people to scam them and then take credit for their work. Maybe to get rid of them when he has no further use for them too...?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Sam is the one who proposed the Trespasser movie to do with me. And to summarize just for the sake of it, asked me to write and direct. He ended up deciding to direct when I got there, jettisoned a number of things as he shot it while I was a glorified script supervisor that helped with the acting and lines. Then over other issues we had a falling out, decided to take everything Trespasser out of the movie to make it his own (remains to be seen how much so) and removed me from all aspects of it and no credit.

The other people were mostly stage hands and assistants, which weren't creatively involved in the film really. Which is odd to have them on the poster anyway since they aren't starring in it. Unless they are now in whatever reshoots may be going on.

May I make this thread public?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

How in the hell did you get screwed out of this project, Scal? This just doesn't seem right. And as far as
I know, you can make anything public if you want. It's your topic
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Rebel wrote:How in the hell did you get screwed out of this project, Scal? This just doesn't seem right. And as far as
I know, you can make anything public if you want. It's your topic
What Rebel is saying. Feel free to make it public if you want. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

But first make sure you delete that post where you say you're going to kill him, and the other one showing the gun and ammo you just bought the other day, oh, and the third one where you tell us his address and ask if we want to come along for the shooting...
:wink:
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

...the fuck is this? "Elizabeth: Lost"? And you're not even being credited? You might as well re-name the thread "Elizabeth: Lost" so it gets buried to the bottom of the forum where this guy's idea of a movie belongs (no offense to you, scallenger). I can't belive they compeletely ditched your idea...really shows how much this guy valued your input. Keep your Trespasser script around, scall...maybe one day you'll get the chance to actually make the movie the way you'd intended.
That is... kind of an unflattering picture of her. And she is an attractive girl, too. Nice going, director!
Yeah, that's what I immediately thought, too. Seems like a disservice to the actress! Also that font seems really cheap - looks like it's Arial, the most stock font of all fonts, actually.
machf wrote:But first make sure you delete that post where you say you're going to kill him, and the other one showing the gun and ammo you just bought the other day, oh, and the third one where you tell us his address and ask if we want to come along for the shooting...
:wink:
I'm with machf on this one. But instead, send him out on a tiny ship for a three-hour tour right when the weather starts getting rough... :wink:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I'm with machf on this one. But instead, send him out on a tiny ship for a three-hour tour right when the weather starts getting rough..
… but minus maryann and ginger. Doesn't deserve the eye candy
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

So he'll have to do with mrs. howell?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

machf wrote:So he'll have to do with mrs. howell?
Either that, or the Skipper! :lol: And think about it, she's the one with the money! If I was
on that island, I'd pick MaryAnn. Ginger would be high maintenance, and I've had enough of
those types of women. Nothing but pains in the ass
scallenger

Re: Anne, The Trespasser aka Elizabeth: Lost-- Short Film Is

Post by scallenger »

This thread has now been made public. For anyone new to the thread, please refer to the main post and continue through to this page to get a full scope of what is going on and what had happened.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

So, don't expect the finished product to be ANYTHING like what was scripted, or even from what I saw shot. For one, it is only 10 minutes long. Secondly... this is the new plot (since apparently much was reshot/added), according to this NEW plot synopsis, thanks to this... podcast episode, according to Sam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JPt_TGauX8
"It is the story of an evil scientist and his henchmen wanting to be alone on an island with their pet. A woman and a man wash up onshore and spoil their fun. Becomes a race to survive for both of them, and it doesn't end too well for one of them."
I suppose "pet" means dinosaur, or something like it. This synopsis differs from the one that he originally posted with the poster, seen earlier in this thread. Speaking of, it is now made clear that the other names listed on the poster are creatively involved now, and apparently are now starring in it, too. Of course, there is no mention of it ever being originally Trespasser-related or anything else involving me with it, to be expected. However, he did mention:
"It was a fan film, and I decided that if we were going to make this as a studio I can't do fan films anymore... we were able to take the footage... without the dialogue... cut 90% of [Anne's/Elizabeth's footage]... story of the island and whats is going on this island is very similiar to what happens in the fan fiction [film]... we were able to make, in my opinion, a much deeper movie, a movie that means more to us because we came up with it..."
The focus on Elizabeth seems largely removed. Why, then, is it called "Elizabeth: Lost"? Also:
"There's not going to be any music on it. A very dramatic choice on my part, but we don't have the budget..."
This I know is because originally it was to use Trespasser's score, which of course now it won't.

If you can get through the hour-long podcast about a studio that has yet to put anything out yet, you can hear other details that I am sure will enlighten everyone here who had hoped for something else.

I'll be sure to post the film here when it is released so you all can see for yourselves how it turned out, and I will be sure to note exactly what survived from what I had done. It should be out by May or June.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nah, I won't waste my time watching a one-hour podcast about something that doesn't exist...