Secret Service 02/98 preview

Found articles relating to Trespasser

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Secret Service 02/98 preview

Post by Double_G »

This is how I found about Trespasser. It's in Polish so most of you won't be able to read it but i'm gonna point out the most interesting things that I found in this article. I doubt you'll learn anything new though

1 according to this article Anne (which they spelled Annie) was on a small ship during a storm which caused it to crash on the island. she was the only survivor and in order to escape she had to make her way to the research facility which was located on the other side of the island, and call for help

2 guns could be used in melee mode

3 the game's engine was being worked on by the creators of software used in F22 aircrafts

it's not much but I thought I'd share it here

https://imgur.com/a/p99awQ2
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: Secret Service 02/98 preview

Post by Rebel »

I recall seeing some of the screenshots, mostly concept, I believe. My grandfather was fluent in Polish, my father
knew a little and all I remember of the language are some common phrases, mostly from my father telling me to
go to bed in Polish. I won't even try to spell the phrase, I'd screw it up big time.

Anyways, thanks for sharing.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Unusual and interesting... Wonder if the F22 aircraft thing is true.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Double_G wrote:This is how I found about Trespasser. It's in Polish so most of you won't be able to read it but i'm gonna point out the most interesting things that I found in this article. I doubt you'll learn anything new though

1 according to this article Anne (which they spelled Annie) was on a small ship during a storm which caused it to crash on the island. she was the only survivor and in order to escape she had to make her way to the research facility which was located on the other side of the island, and call for help
Well, she was a passenger aboard a plane during a storm rather than a boat, but the rest is correct.
2 guns could be used in melee mode
Yes, they can be used in melee combat after you run out of ammo.
3 the game's engine was being worked on by the creators of software used in F22 aircrafts
Not quite sure about this, but several of the creators formerly worked on several commercial flight simulators (search for Looking Glass Studios), and IIRC they may have written simulator software for the USAF, too.
it's not much but I thought I'd share it here

https://imgur.com/a/p99awQ2
Thanks for sharing it!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

Draconisaurus wrote:Unusual and interesting... Wonder if the F22 aircraft thing is true.
I think it might be true. I was curious and after some research I found this https://www.amazon.in/Official-Trespass ... 1566867371
Dreamworks Producer Seamus Blackley has recruited beyond the normal industry gene pool to build a breakthrough game engine. The team includes a coder who wrote the software for the F22 fighter and an artist who designed Tomorrowland at Tokyo Disneyland.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Double_G wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Unusual and interesting... Wonder if the F22 aircraft thing is true.
I think it might be true. I was curious and after some research I found this https://www.amazon.in/Official-Trespass ... 1566867371
Dreamworks Producer Seamus Blackley has recruited beyond the normal industry gene pool to build a breakthrough game engine. The team includes a coder who wrote the software for the F22 fighter and an artist who designed Tomorrowland at Tokyo Disneyland.
If you want the strategy guide, you can get it here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11402#p127508 :)

Did not know that information tho. From my time contacting the devs years ago I think everyone was still in some way in the game industry, but I wonder who did which. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Velociraptor Alfa »

The shipwreck survivor Anne was also mentioned in the Next Generation article (November 1997). Maybe that was the initial idea and then they changed it into the plane crash?
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Things can get complex in the process of making a game, with plans changing over time but not everyone 'getting the memo'. Possibly a dev reported it who was not in-the-know about the newgame cutscene.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Things can get complex in the process of making a game, with plans changing over time but not everyone 'getting the memo'. Possibly a dev reported it who was not in-the-know about the newgame cutscene.
Well this was written in early 1998 so the interview could've taken place late 1997 when they had that idea.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."