What tools and knowledge I need to create modification?

FAQ and tutorials on how to mod Trespasser. For viewing only.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: What tools and knowledge I need to create modification?

Post by Draconisaurus »

Soooo Tres does have options there. Find those start triggers and fiddle with the settings. Trespasser Millennium (see sig) has included the various sets of start triggers from all retail levels+, found in "Tres_Millennium\Shell Generator\Import_Base". Without going to look, IIRC clut is the min/max color-shade settings, which can be tweaked to disallow colors or otherwise generally bias the span of visible allowance. Also the AmbientLight can be set at various strengths.
Melber
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Melber »

Dah! :sick: So now I really do not know?

:?: Why is my model modeled and displayed correctly in the Editor, but in the game it changes size.?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I'm not the expert on modeling, but I'd say your model scale is off. When I model something, I generally
use an existing model so I can match the correct scale, or for instance, If I need to rescale a dinosaur or
other animal, I import an original model then either scale up or down to match the original. Then, delete
the original and export my own. That's how I get the scales right -
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Melber wrote:Dah! :sick: So now I really do not know?

:?: Why is my model modeled and displayed correctly in the Editor, but in the game it changes size.?
Let me guess: you attempted to replace an existing model in-game with your own model, using the same name. Well, in order for it to work properly, as Rebel may have already mentioned, it needs to be set to the same scale and have the same alignment as the original. From what I can tell, the $physics objects are in the proper place but the tree is rotated,right?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

There is one other issue I'm pretty sure I'm seeing: the object is changing is overall shape as well? This happens with physics when the pivot is not centered on the object, which is required. Note that Max's center-pivot option does not fit this. Either find a way to manually adjust the vertices, or.. which 3D app are you using? There is a tres-dev max script which can do it. As well, one quick and dirty option is to create a random box, give it the location/orientation coords you want model-X to have, then via mesh editing you just attach model-X and then delete the mesh of the random box. That's how to do that in 3ds Max, at least.
Melber
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Melber »

Does it increase the space in the inventory by one place? :idea:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

So basically... You know how normally a stowed item is either placed on the hip or the back? This lets you have both at once. So, not all combinations of 2-stowed-items are possible, AND there's a key-press needed to use it which escapes me.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Might wanna point out that Draco is talking about if you enable a function in the CE patch .ini file ;P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Melber
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Melber »

Hello everybody. I tried to add to the Bumpmap to object but the editor and the game didn't show anything.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)

Code: Select all

material "PC.mat01"
{
 colormap = "Map\TestScene\PC06-01.bmp"
 bumpmap = "Map\TestScene\PC06-01b.bmp"
}
How is it possible ? :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Melber on Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

It's possible simply because GeomAdd never got support for adding bumpmaps to imported objects. The most you can do is replace an already existing bumpmap with SWPadd.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Melber
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Melber »

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
And Trespasser CE will replace bumbmap with Normal map (inserted into / tex / folder)?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I think that's how it works, yes. But I think you need to place there also the texture map, not just the normal map by itself.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey Melber, how's the mod coming?
Melber
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Melber »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hey Melber, how's the mod coming?
I have a new job. But I'm coming back home late in the evening. I am often tired, :oops: that's why I only work on projects on weekends. And that is little time. I still have a lot of work ahead. :arrow:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Melber wrote:And Trespasser CE will replace bumbmap with Normal map (inserted into / tex / folder)?
Yes - you have to give it the extension ".norm.dds" and it should work fine. You can control specularity by making it more or less transparent as well. So if your texture is called "tdinosaur00t2.bmp", the texhw files would be "tdinosaur00t2.dds" and "tdinosaur00t2.norm.dds". I use .dds files as I find them to be the most flexible, but I think .tga and .bmp images work as well.