Hello! Newcomer for the TresCom community.

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

BeaniBirb
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Hello! Newcomer for the TresCom community.

Post by BeaniBirb »

Hi all! As stated in the title I am a newcomer for the Trespasser community. After watching Klayton Fioriti's beginning lets play on the game I wanted more and couldn't wait for him to upload a new video, so I found this place in the process.
I do have some questions (I am new yes but I have looked over the rules as everyone should do) and probably one of them is the most asked but please do go easy on me ^^

1. Where can I find a copy of Trespasser since I want to play it for myself, have looked everywhere yet no one seems to be selling it

2. I discovered, just by looking around on here, that apparently people are talking about making levels for said game and since I want to get more and more into game design I'd like to know how to get the mod tools up and running

Thank you, and I am so happy to be here
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Hello! Newcomer for the TresCom community.

Post by machf »

1.- No luck on eBay or Amazon?

2.- Most of the tools can be found here:
http://www.trescom.org/tools/
For starters, get TresEd and GeomAdd.

And welcome to the asylum! Once inside, you can't get out again... ;)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Welcome aboard 8)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Welcome to TresCom! :D
1. Where can I find a copy of Trespasser since I want to play it for myself, have looked everywhere yet no one seems to be selling it
Like machf said. However, the game can be crazy expensive, specially if you don't live in like North America or UK and have to pay shipping for the game. Otherwise there are other places to get it ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome to Site B, an InGen Modding Facility 8)

I have always found copies of Trespasser when I go in search, and always it's quite cheap. I've used Amazon for that fairly recently, I'm sure it's still there.

Might I recommend Trespasser Millennium for all your Tres-playing/modding needs, which includes the two programs mentioned by machf plus a whole plethora of apps and resources to get started with modding. Link in my signature. Also do check youtube for the 'TresEd tutorial' videos I've posted.
BeaniBirb
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by BeaniBirb »

Just popped back in here because I wasn't receiving notifs about this post, didn't expect the people here to be so friendly and welcoming!
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

BeaniBirb wrote:didn't expect the people here to be so friendly and welcoming!
Sorry to disappoint. Joke, of course :wink: Good luck with finding your copy and with modding!

Edit: Also be sure to search for 'tresspasser' and 'tresspaser', you might get lucky (also price-wise) that way.