small issue i had

FAQ and tutorials on how to mod Trespasser. For viewing only.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

small issue i had

Post by gamernoob »

everytime i put a brachiosaurus to my level when i try to get close with it the game crashes always
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: small issue i had

Post by TheIdiot »

gamernoob wrote:everytime i put a brachiosaurus to my level when i try to get close with it the game crashes always
Sounds like there's something wrong with the bones or physics objects. Did you select ONLY the brachiosaurus when exporting it? If you select multiple objects, you have to select their physics as well, or, in the case of dinosaurs, their bones.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

What TheIdiot wrote. Also make sure you are exporting it to .TPM and not a .3ds model.

A hint: We are quite a small community so you can post new questions in the same topic instead of making a new one :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

and i had an issue when i tried to make a dino fighting video i don't know why triceratops or stegosaurus don't attack the velociraptor
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

gamernoob wrote:and i had an issue when i tried to make a dino fighting video i don't know why triceratops or stegosaurus don't attack the velociraptor
There are a multitude of reasons that this could be happening.

The herbivores need to have high Anger values to make them actively attack other dinosaurs, and their target dinosaur has to be on a different Team than them. Make sure the Raptor has high Anger and high Hungeras well so that it tries to kill the other dinosaurs (setting it TOO high - around 0.9+ - will make it recklessly run in and not stop attacking, which is pretty unrealistic). Also make sure they have Acts in their script which actually allow them to attack, which are "ActRam" for a triceratops and "ActTailSwipe" for a stegosaur. You can also give the stego "ActBite" if you want to allow it to attack with its head as well.

Even if your stegosaur and triceratops are set-up properly to fight back against carnivores, quadrupedal dinosaurs tend to be pretty terrible at attacking effectively as they turn very slowly. That being said if a carnivore gets in front of a herbivore with ActRam, it will usually get killed. Trespasser AI is often totally unpredictable.
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

and other issue i had when i place a wall or a structure it has no collision
tatu

Post by tatu »

gamernoob wrote:and other issue i had when i place a wall or a structure it has no collision
You need to also export the invisible walls (F button in the menu bar will show them.

Did you resolve any of the other issues you had?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

What was the wall you were using? Object name -
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

Draconisaurus wrote:What was the wall you were using? Object name -
its a electric fence and gate wall both has no collision
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

gamernoob wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:What was the wall you were using? Object name -
its a electric fence and gate wall both has no collision
Did you export them both at the same time in a single go? You have to select their $ physics (which can be made visible through the "Visibilty" bar in TresEd) as well when selecting multiple objects. It's probably better to export objects one-at-a-time just to be on the safe side, especially if you're new to Trespasser editing.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Also do watch these 2 videos on TresEd usage - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11093
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

other issue is texture when i put a path texture this is what happen if i test it
Attachments
Trespasser Custom Edition 2018-10-11 18-41-32-055.jpg
Trespasser Custom Edition 2018-10-11 18-41-32-055.jpg (653.51 KiB) Viewed 14543 times
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

and other thing i had how to make a friendly carnivore that will not care about your present actually making the archetype to -1 may not work when it sees me got chase by other hostile predator than the -1 carnivore starts to chase me
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The path texture is messed up because its palette is different than that of the base terrain. Remember that Trespasser .bmp images have to be in the 256-colour indexed format. All terrain textures have to use the same palette or they will be messed up like that. You can easily convert one file's palette to another's by copying+pasting your new texture into the texture that you want to use the palette of, then saving your converted image over the original image that you wanted to convert.

As for the dinosaur issue, there are soooo many things that could be wrong. Your -1 archetype dinosaur should avoid trying to eat Anne, but if it's angry, it might still attack her. You can make a dinosaur completely ignore specifically the player by setting its "Human-" float values to 0 (HumanFear, HumanLove, etc), though if you do something to it in-game it might still get mad and attack. Read through the CAnimal settings in the Script Reference, they are well-documented and should point you in the right direction.
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

ok and also thanks it work now