TheIdiot's new mod set on Isla Nublar

Moderators: scallenger, Wajas, TheIdiot

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Level 1: RTJP~Helipad Development

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote:
There are a few other models which I could certainly use an extra hand making in order to speed up the development process. These are:
Spoiler: show
-InGen helicopter, as seen in the movie.
-A mercenary helicopter.
I've got several different ones lying around. Someone else would have to retexture them, though.
-Various buildings based on the architecture of Panama City, Panama.
-A realistic Hummer H1.
-A small variety (3-4) of civilian cars.
You want me to release
my Motorpool level
, don't you? I *did* look for it the other day on this PC, but I didn't find it. Which means I didn't copy it and it's still on the old one...
-Several human character models.
I have some free ones I got, but you'll need to sort out which ones are low-poly enough for Trespasser.
-Various weapon models.
Besides all the ones already in
my Armory level
? What do you have in mind?
-Animal models, not entirely limited to dinosaurs.
-Several buildings and locations not seen in the movie - either fully original or based on those from the Telltale video game.
Send me a PM if you're interested so we can discuss getting these structures done as accurately and efficiently as possible, and so that I can add you to the team! :)
Well, regarding the former, I don't have many. Regarding the latter, there are the ones from
JPOG, rather than the Telltale game
, if they are of any help...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Thanks for the listing, machf. I'll PM you. :)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Isla Nublar, Costa Rica.
One of the only satellite images of this access-restricted island to be leaked to the public, located 120 miles west of Costa Rica.

A cloudless version of this image will serve as a GPS map of Isla Nublar for use as the player's map in the level to aid in navigation.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Tried rigging for the first time, turned out about as well as I'd expected:

I also managed to mess up the scale of the mesh somehow, so the actual skeleton and physics are tiny despite the scale of the animal itself (this actually puzzles me moreso than the weird rigging). I was trying to keep it simple by just converting the TC para to a quadruped, but evidently I managed to fail something along the way.

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second image isn't appearing...

...Welcome to the Jurassic Rigging Club! :pirate: Here there by Dinosaurs...

Oddly enough I haven't had to deal with the rescale issue such as the Leopleurodon suffered. Not sure how to go about fixing it or what causes it. Possibly make sure the scale of your to-be-rigged dino and the scale of the dino rig you're using (from Tres) are the same, first.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote:Tried rigging for the first time, turned out about as well as I'd expected:

I also managed to mess up the scale of the mesh somehow, so the actual skeleton and physics are tiny despite the scale of the animal itself (this actually puzzles me moreso than the weird rigging). I was trying to keep it simple by just converting the TC para to a quadruped, but evidently I managed to fail something along the way.

Well, it happens all the time, until you get the hang out of it... and I still have to dig through the code to find out what exactly causes it.

And as Drac said, that second image isn't loading.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The second image was just one of Marvin the Martian saying "Back to the old drawing board". I had to get it from a really poorly-designed site because I couldn't find one anywhere else. :P

I haven't had time in the past week to try rigging this thing again, but I think at least I know where I went wrong with the scaling now. Either way, it's just nice to see that it worked at all.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said: “Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert...Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

Happy 20th Anniversary, Trespasser!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Image
Looks like a scene from my proposed "Jurassic World 3" synopsis. :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hahahah XD
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The open, grassy central plains span from the western river valley to the volcanic fault line which runs down the center of the island - another reminder of the island's birth as a seamount thousands or perhaps millions of years ago. A short electrified fence runs along the edge of the hundred-foot cliff to mark the inner border of the brachiosaur paddock, ending at another of Isla Nublar's picturesque waterfalls which feeds the jungle river down below in the lowlands. Many trails and access roads cut across the plains to aid InGen staff in caring for the brachiosaurs and parasaurs that call this region home.

Figured it had been a while since the last post, so here's an update! As I stated in the description, the central plains are quite expansive (in fact, just this part of the island covers more area than the original BE level) and contain the lake where the famous "It's a dinosaur!" scene takes place. Several fast-flowing deep rivers cross this part of the island as well, which makes travel restricted in some directions, but you can expect plenty of open space covered by low shrubs and tall grass. Beware, though, as over the years the park's tyrannosaurus has developed a liking for parasaur meat... :wink: Aside from that, small quality-of-life updates are being made constantly, as every little model and detail helps get Helipad closer to completion, but there is still much work to be done.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lookin' good. Are those background trees not found in MegaJungle?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Lookin' good. Are those background trees not found in MegaJungle?
You mean the tall "plains"-looking ones? No. I don't think they'll be included in MJ, at least until Helipad is out, simply because they're meant exclusively for RTJP (and because, for whatever reason, looking at their top branches lags the game, which I need to fix). I like to update MJ with fresh assets every now and then, but I do still want to keep some models for the release of RTJP.
One thing I plan on doing eventually is making HD-er models of the old Tres plants and using those in place of the originals, but that's not a priority. I do however intend to replace as many Tres models in the level with new/alternate ones at some point (for instance, replacing the small, flat ground ferns with similar Amaumau ferns from MegaJungle).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Aha. Btw am interested to know your opinion of AthertonManor, when you have time.