Pine Valley again...

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Pine Valley again...

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Huh lol. We got pretty far back in the day but never 100%.
Aye. It seems the Pine Valley curse still lives on to this day...
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Huh lol. We got pretty far back in the day but never 100%.
Well not that I recall. Levels before we first got an official version of PV had great development. But AFAIK only hppav have released a somewhat fixed version based on the 96 build one. But with a proper one, I wouldn't say there is one near 100%.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tatu and myself consider the PV Curse to be dead and a thing of the past. It was replaced around 2013ish with the PH curse... Then eventually that level was discovered, too, and now the PL Curse persists. Fun that it is currently being fought.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Tatu and myself consider the PV Curse to be dead and a thing of the past. It was replaced around 2013ish with the PH curse... Then eventually that level was discovered, too, and now the PL Curse persists. Fun that it is currently being fought.
2013? That would be around early 2010 ;)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Tatu and myself consider the PV Curse to be dead and a thing of the past. It was replaced around 2013ish with the PH curse... Then eventually that level was discovered, too, and now the PL Curse persists. Fun that it is currently being fought.
I would somewhat disagree, until at least we have a 100% working version of PV, which mainly means having the Geo Plant puzzle working correctly. Then at last I think we can put that curse to rest. I'd argue that the PH curse is dead now, though, since there really isn't anything preventing PH from being completed properly. The PL Curse, though...that's definitely for real. That's why it's a good thing the Tres Island Project isn't going to add in Plains until it's already at a full, completable version.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:
tatu wrote:
I would somewhat disagree, until at least we have a 100% working version of PV, which mainly means having the Geo Plant puzzle working correctly. Then at last I think we can put that curse to rest. I'd argue that the PH curse is dead now, though, since there really isn't anything preventing PH from being completed properly. The PL Curse, though...that's definitely for real. That's why it's a good thing the Tres Island Project isn't going to add in Plains until it's already at a full, completable version.
I personally see the PV curse as gone as we basically have everything to make a proper version of it. PH is the same, even tho we know there are a small amount of stuff we don't have for it, specifically some objects inside it that can be seen in the early images from inside the house (bed and drawer). As for PL, we "do" have a version of it, but I am pretty sure it is not a proper one as we can't fit the layout to anything. Possible based on one of those early pre rendered terrains seen in some early screenshots.

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

The PL Max Scene is interesting and quasi-accurate but, lacking an actual terrain height of any kind, incomplete.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Have you guys made any examinations with the heightmap included with the source of PV? Uh also, you guys know I did try and port over PV to a finalized map from the build 96 version for modding purposes right? The issue that stopped me was the fact that a stupid .bmp file for the Geothermal plant puzzle couldn't be found to be ported over anywhere in the original level, but the ported level needed it to function. Why was I porting it over? So I could pass it out as a modders' resource mainly, but also, I wanted to try my hand at finishing the level as well. Shame that issue stopped me. As for the file itself, you can find it here on the forums somewhere. I also uploaded all of my resource files for modders' convience.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Have you guys made any examinations with the heightmap included with the source of PV?
Machf converted those into terrains that can be found in the download section on the site.
Uh also, you guys know I did try and port over PV to a finalized map from the build 96 version for modding purposes right? The issue that stopped me was the fact that a stupid .bmp file for the Geothermal plant puzzle couldn't be found to be ported over anywhere in the original level, but the ported level needed it to function.
Did did not know that. As for the .bmp issue, just search for "bmp" in the level and it should find the correct object you need to export. It is like the keycard readers in IT and LAB.

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I did try searching it. Tresed couldn't locate it via search for some reason and it's simply not there in the build 96 level even though it is.Can't remember the name of the file but I think it is one of the little lights in the control room that flips on and off to show your progress restoring power. Try porting out the entire Geothermal plant (all objects including collision, triggers, and the textures for those little lights) and let me know if it works
if it does, it means something went terribly wrong on my end.

How did you not know also? You even posted in the thread lol viewtopic.php?f=59&t=10742
tatu

Post by tatu »

glitchhunter09 wrote:I did try searching it. Tresed couldn't locate it via search for some reason and it's simply not there in the build 96 level even though it is.Can't remember the name of the file but I think it is one of the little lights in the control room that flips on and off to show your progress restoring power. Try porting out the entire Geothermal plant (all objects including collision, triggers, and the textures for those little lights) and let me know if it works
if it does, it means something went terribly wrong on my end.

How did you not know also? You even posted in the thread lol viewtopic.php?f=59&t=10742
These can be find in Build 96 PV that are required:
"P_StatBrdPCA_Red00t2.bmp-00"
"STFanBox01_t2.BMP-00"
"Sdistlights_00.BMP-00"

Just search for these and import. Worth noting is that when these are imported, GeomAdd will usually still give an error for missing texture even tho they work and are there.

That was years ago, of course I won't remember ;)

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

the P_StatBrdPCA_Red00t2.bmp-00 appears to be the one I can't seem to find, even with the search function in the build 96 map.
tatu

Post by tatu »

glitchhunter09 wrote:the P_StatBrdPCA_Red00t2.bmp-00 appears to be the one I can't seem to find, even with the search function in the build 96 map.
That is weird, I have no issue searching for it. It is located under the control room, around "546.540, 1291.640, 17.200". "Hidden" as an invisible (I) instance.