TUPP - Trespasser's Unofficial Patch Project - NEW PH VER.

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

TUPP - Trespasser's Unofficial Patch Project - NEW PH VER.

Post by tatu »

TUPP - Trespasser's Unofficial Patch Project (aka. Tatu's Unofficial Patch Project)

INFO

After many years of editing levels and other aspects of Trespasser, I always felt like no one had really successfully made any proper level fixes for the retail levels. I had for many years thinking about doing it myself, but after helping out with JPDS, and knowing how painful it is to fix the height and rotation on objects when TresEd doesn't render the terrain properly outside of Terrain Edit mode.
I finally decided to start with it anyway, and to allow me the time it would require to make it, even if will take a few years.

I've started and stopped working on this project many times, but never fully stopped. As of 2016, I have decided to change a few aspect of this project. Original I was only going to fix up the original levels. Fix the hight and rotation of objects, fix some minor scripts, add some missing VO etc. However, I have personally decided that I want to include other kind of things too. For example some mesh fixes, and some mesh editing. I'm aware this will remove the original feeling to the game in some parts, but I feel it is something I would like to do, since the dev probably never got the time for it. One example for this is that I want to fix the HUGE doors that both Hammond's building have in some parts (backdoor is giant), and part of the Plantation House building (kitchen area also have huge doors). In the end, this project will probably have a lot of enchantments too, with some levels being changed to some early screenshots etc (specially now that we have PH and old PV, IJ and JR versions).

DOWNLOADS

NOTE: Plantation House v0.3 have mainly only been fixed from the original PH to work with retail and CE engine. However, the level uses retail dinosaurs until the early ones have been properly re-rigged. It is however, fully playable in its current state as a standalone level.

Lee Arbuco's CE patch RECOMMENDED, see Readme for more info.

LATEST VERSIONS

Plantation House v0.3 (Base level)
http://www.trescom.org/files/Levels/TUP ... easeOne.7z (25.1 MB)

Industrial Jungle v1.1
https://app.box.com/s/0ivhmbgdspocidzltgcgmlw6velfxa16 (35.1 MB)

OLD VERSIONS

Industrial Jungle v1.0:
https://app.box.com/s/yafxky595741sntk9n1r7mwdjohcpwfw (30.5 MB)
Last edited by tatu on Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: TTPP - Tatu's Trespasser Patch Project

Post by DrShaw »

I did a fairly good play through then I use fly to look at it in more detail. I did find a lot of stuff under the ground like a whole gun box! I make a better report tomorrow with pictures but over all it amazing seeing all the new beta stuff put back in! It really felt like it was all new even the countless times I play it. Good work tatu. It seem the game drag you back from your retirement which is something amazing to see here. Ps. I did a very deep look but I did take notes.
Here the short version of the report before you get a wall of text on my full report.
The cave roof hit box at the raptor pit was way to low and the rocks at the start of the raptor pit where the jeep on the wall is way to push to the side that interferes with you going in.
At the last bit where the crash plane area. There was tones of sticks under the ground and a whole gun box was also under the ground.
Where the T-Rex is at. There is a tree and a rock floating so high that you can see the empty underside of them.
Also a nit picky one is the wall at the very end that is the town wall is floating but that me being all nit-picky because it so fair.
lastly a few plants are floating and a wooden board is suck underground where you jump.
Better report is coming tomorrow with more details because i'm typing this a hour-ish before mid-night. Sorry if it a bit scramble. I did not hold back at debugging this level because this game really need a good map fixing. Also visited the basement of the level. One of the jeep has missing textures and a lot of hit boxes with no models in them. This is the end of the minor wall of text. You get a cookie if you got this fair. :mrgreen:

Edit : This is like the Trespasser Experience you did a little ago. To bad is got abandon...and pop back up as this in a very similar form but a different level.. Ok. I'm done now for today. Sorry for hitting you with a small wall of text! :yum:
~Dr.Shaw

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Thanks!

I did go around the level and fixed what you told me, I think I got it all, but I'll wait for your more detailed report to be sure ;)

And this is what I want for the kind of feedback, detailed, even about minor things!

As for the Gun Locker. I have no idea how I missed that, I also missed a crate there too.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Excellent job as always, tatu. I doubt I'd ever have the patience to go back and look at every single fern and tree, especially since the ones in the original game are very disorganized. Can't wait to see your fix for Jungle Road - that level always stood out in the floater department, plus there's all those vertical roads everywhere!
I even found some things I've never seen before in your level - those ptinkertoy objects are interesting...to me, it seems like those would have been for the scrapped Linkin' Logs puzzle. And it looks to me like you finally fixed the rock jumping puzzle! YAY! :mrgreen:

Here's a list of things that are still sort of odd or out of place:
- The guns and other items at the start of the level are still floating.
- There are a couple of green and brown logs (Vtmossylog_D00-) in the riverbed that are oddly placed, either sunken into the terrain or slightly floating. Not sure if they'd be fine in the game or not, but in TresEd it looks like they are floating slightly.
- Tgiantboulder01-11 is floating.
- Up on the ridge to the left where Tgiantboulder01-11 is, there are a bunch of floating or perhaps too close to the player area billboards.
- The terrain near V_WillowTreMRLP00-06 is very spiky and unnatural - it could do with a bit of smoothing.
- VDesFallenCubanPalm-01 is floating.
- Not sure about this one, but the T. rex in the valley might need extra Solidity values since I noticed that there are way more plants for him to run into now. This one needs to be tested though as I could be wrong.
- Very narrow terrain seam at V_SpidrWdTreLP00-405.
- Looks to me like TrnObj_PhilLagoonBtm01-00 needs to be higher in its T-script so that it goes above the cliffside terrain.
- PHjeepOpenBody00-01 is positioned very strangely, with the right wheel floating.
- Stingenbridge00-01 - this one has always bugged me - it isn't aligned with the roads on either side of the riverbed.
- Oddly spiky terrain at VSwampTrejhHP01-29.
I would also like to suggest adding in the SHrbrGate objects, as well as the dirt road that leads straight into the town walls into the Town level to add some consistency, but that's of course up to you.

Extra question: will you also be fixing up Pine Valley for a release? That friggen level is really due for an overhaul and implementation. (If so, I'd recommend doing it last though, should The Curse strike at the last minute! :D )
tatu

Post by tatu »

Thanks TheIdiot! Love the feedback, I will check it out. As for those odd-looking sticks etc. TresEd doesn't view the terrain correct, so most of them should be correct (you can look at it in terrain mode for better view).

As for the terrain itself, I haven't done any modification to it, and I'm not sure I will. However, I will take a look at some of it, cause some does look weird.

And for the rock jump puzzle. The only changes there is the planks added, no other changes.

But thanks! :)
I would also like to suggest adding in the SHrbrGate objects, as well as the dirt road that leads straight into the town walls into the Town level to add some consistency, but that's of course up to you.

Extra question: will you also be fixing up Pine Valley for a release? That friggen level is really due for an overhaul and implementation. (If so, I'd recommend doing it last though, should The Curse strike at the last minute! :D )
What do you mean? The gate objects and dirt road are already there? :P

And yes, I will get to PV at some point. Probably last ;)

DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

TheIdiot nailed it before I got to my detail report. Still going to make my detail reports. More the better. I have it ready soon with picture as I said it. PV should be last because you going have an amazing time fixing it. Also cars can drive up vertical roads because John spared no expense! Now I have to go fly around again to double check if I miss anything.
~Dr.Shaw

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

Ok. Due to the extreme amount of pictures. I will give you a link to the album that holds them all.
LINK: http://imgur.com/a/VoH2H
Ps. The issues will be really similar to TheIdiot report and the issues are in order as shown in the album. There are some doubles but at different angles from my first and 2nd run of the level. Also 12 to 14 compared to the album is a little messy but everything else should match the album to the list in order from top to bottom. I did not use TresEd so it all in-game shots and lastly the images quality is a little all over but I was doing it by a phone and it really hates my TV (I don't own a computer screen so...)
Issues list:
1.There is a rock clipping into the truck with the boxes/guns
2. There is a floating tree and rock at the start of the T-Rex encounter.
3. There is two wood planes clipping and one completely underground at the rock jump puzzle.
4. There is a whole gun locker/box waayy underground around the end of the level.
5. Cave hit boxes are way to low.
6. Weird seem issues at the area before the rock jump and a little before the tree crossing.
7. Jeep with the mounted gun wheels are almost completely underground.
8. Barrel next to the shed is clipping in the ground a little
9. Barrels are floating near the puddle
10. T-Rex rib cage is a clipping a little in the ground.
11. Rock near the beginning has a hit box that really need some tweaking around.
12. A few floating rocks near the waterfall
13. Underground rock.
14. Underground plants
15. Tones of stick underground.
Bonus area
16. Town wall is floating and I like the idea of adding a little more detail to make it flow better.
17. uh...Ghost dinos?
18. So many hit boxes in the basement with no models. (No picture for that because you know where the basement is.)
~Dr.Shaw

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:Thanks TheIdiot! Love the feedback, I will check it out. As for those odd-looking sticks etc. TresEd doesn't view the terrain correct, so most of them should be correct (you can look at it in terrain mode for better view).
Didn't even think to do that! That makes a lot more sense.
As for the terrain itself, I haven't done any modification to it, and I'm not sure I will. However, I will take a look at some of it, cause some does look weird.
I'd mostly just patch up the areas that are obviously raised up to prevent player access, like the area at the end where the crane is - it's pretty obvious judging by the terrain on either side of the fence that it has been altered. It's very similar to the Hidden Valley wall in JR from build 116.
And for the rock jump puzzle. The only changes there is the planks added, no other changes.
Ah, okay. Still, better than nothing. I only ever managed to do it once without cheating!
But thanks! :)
No problem, as always. :mrgreen: I'll go through and do reports of the other levels as well as they're released.
What do you mean? The gate objects and dirt road are already there? :P
Are they? Guess I remembered wrong. I thought Town was almost devoid of any trace of IJ's ending before.
DrShaw wrote:Also cars can drive up vertical roads because John spared no expense!
"InGen vertical-ascension safari vehicle; state of the art!"

Oh, and a suggestion, DrShaw - can you perhaps take screenshots using the PrintScreen key in TresCE instead of using your phone? Pretty sure that should work by default.
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

TheIdiot wrote:
DrShaw wrote:Also cars can drive up vertical roads because John spared no expense!
"InGen vertical-ascension safari vehicle; state of the art!"

Oh, and a suggestion, DrShaw - can you perhaps take screenshots using the PrintScreen key in TresCE instead of using your phone? Pretty sure that should work by default.
Sure. I can redo all that fast but that going to be a lot of switching back and forth. (It does anger the game and my pc the last time I did that. I got stuck in a black screen that I was forced to restart my pc so that why I did it by phone.) Also very nice uses of that quote.
~Dr.Shaw

tatu

Post by tatu »

Nah. Tbh, taking photos like that kinda feels like older pictures where maybe devs have showed a beta or something ;)

As for next time, use the LOC cheat so it's easier to find them in TresEd, otherwise thank you! :D

Fenris
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Fenris »

I for one support some objects like jeep wheels being partly into the ground, if you think about it, in many areas soil builds up around objects over time, also a jeep's tyres are VERY likely to go flat in a tropical, abandoned place like Sorna, that or it could have bogged down.
tatu

Re: TUPP - Trespasser's Unofficial Patch Project

Post by tatu »

NEW VERSION of Industrial Jungle out! Check main topic for download link.

I've been fixing what you have been reporting, and some other stuff I found.

Oh, and I also changed the name of the project.
17. uh...Ghost dinos?
18. So many hit boxes in the basement with no models. (No picture for that because you know where the basement is.)
The basement got an "HideMe" trigger that make everything in there invisible ;)

DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: TUPP - Trespasser's Unofficial Patch Project - NEW IJ VE

Post by DrShaw »

I wish I knew that LOC cheat sooner and HideMe trigger use was clever. I notice you moved the cave roof up with the hit box. It would have been fine if you only move the hit box and not the model up. I also found some major miss place hit boxes but I go into more detail later because i'm going out at the moment to have lunch. This is the best proper fixing of tres I have ever seen. Keep it up tatu! We be waiting to see more from you soon and have a good day too! Making a new bug report and thank you for backing me up with the picture thing!
~Dr.Shaw

tatu

Post by tatu »

DrShaw wrote:I wish I knew that LOC cheat sooner and HideMe trigger use was clever. I notice you moved the cave roof up with the hit box. It would have been fine if you only move the hit box and not the model up. I also found some major miss place hit boxes but I go into more detail later because i'm going out at the moment to have lunch. This is the best proper fixing of tres I have ever seen. Keep it up tatu! We be waiting to see more from you soon and have a good day too! Making a new bug report and thank you for backing me up with the picture thing!
The HideMe trigger is actually from the retail level, it's nothing I added.

About the cave roof. If I had moved only the hit-boxes, you would be able to jump into the cave roof, that's why I moved it.

Can't wait for the new report!

Btw, I've been starting to work on JR.

DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

tatu wrote:
DrShaw wrote:I wish I knew that LOC cheat sooner and HideMe trigger use was clever. I notice you moved the cave roof up with the hit box. It would have been fine if you only move the hit box and not the model up. I also found some major miss place hit boxes but I go into more detail later because i'm going out at the moment to have lunch. This is the best proper fixing of tres I have ever seen. Keep it up tatu! We be waiting to see more from you soon and have a good day too! Making a new bug report and thank you for backing me up with the picture thing!
The HideMe trigger is actually from the retail level, it's nothing I added.

About the cave roof. If I had moved only the hit-boxes, you would be able to jump into the cave roof, that's why I moved it.

Can't wait for the new report!

Btw, I've been starting to work on JR.
Oh. That make much more sense. Thank you for explaining it to me. I can't wait to see the JR level in it fix up glory!
Edit : I just notice the added bits of the town at the end of IJ. That is amazing.
~Dr.Shaw