Remaking Trespasser (Released) / Jp:Aftermath

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

JPmuldoon83
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Remaking Trespasser (Released) / Jp:Aftermath

Post by JPmuldoon83 »

I'm late to the party here, but I had already seen a few screenshots and now with that reveal trailer, wow, just stunning work my friend.

Excuse my ignorance, but will this be more of a nostalgia environment that one can cruise around in and interact with, or will you be planning on having it be an FPS style game at some point where you can actually shoot a dinosaur? I know it's almost a shame to even ask that, considering that doing the AI on just a raptor alone must have taken a ton of time. They look beautiful, but I can't help wanting to see a SPAS-12 sticking out on the screen and making that satisfying KABOOM sound haha.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Post by vagrantart »

A bit of both of those,its not a shooting game so the player wont be handed a gun but you can always look for one.It's not a huge map really just a condensed section,I've had a bit of trouble getting the first scripted mission working but I will keep trying at it.The cryengine forums haven't been too helpful resolving some technical stuff and I never know if I'm making a mistake or its a cryengine bug.In terms of what you can explore I think I'm hitting the point where I feel like I don't want to model a huge amount more,might just be overworked though at the moment and get into it again soon.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Very nice-looking raptor ya got there! IMO the foot is a little big in the rear but it's beautiful.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Couple of images grabbed while doing another video showing the actual player / in-game raptor ai,as always cryengine's a pain so it's taken a bit longer than planned lol.

Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Outstanding work. But that IS what you do......:)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I'm out of a job...I wish I had your modding skills.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

I cant take credit for the raptor,it was the crynosaurs guys who did the ai and model.I think it may have originally been intended for the return to JP game before they started crynosaurs but they did the animation etc new.
JPController
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by JPController »

This is very interesting, as I've said before I'll be keeping tabs on this front. Here's hoping you can utilize this as a proof of concept. Again a Triple A mod that could turn very well into a full fledged game.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Here's the latest video,still work in progress setting up the raptors. I had to record a lot of footage just to get some where I wasn't killed or it was moving away from me (was a lot of raptor ass shots),needs to get the navigation done and tweak the settings a little (make them bigger maybe).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykMd5Irj8q8[/youtube]
Last edited by vagrantart on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Inspiring. :)
JPmuldoon83
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by JPmuldoon83 »

Wow, that take-down looked genuine! Very cool.

I can't help but want to blow one away with a Muldoon SPAS-12. That was always my biggest gripe with JP, Spielberg never showed a dino getting shot or biting the dust by human hands. Apparently Grant has no aim through a freaking glass door. I simply do NOT acknowledge that gymnastics BS from The Lost World. A line of 40 TRAINED hunters can't pick off one dino with a superior weaponry. It kills me. In the book, Muldoon blows off a Raptor's leg inside of a cylindrical concrete drainage pipe that he's forced to hide in. It's one of the coolest scenes in the book. He even hits the rex with a huge Tranq bazooka. Of course, Spielberg has a habit of turning guns into flashlights, just saying! Hopefully Treverrow will finally bring some brutal realism into the mix.
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

I tend to check out your facebook page every couple of days so I just noticed your "tree" test. I got to say that....that is staggeringly beautiful.

Feels real to me and you can't beat that.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

thanks,I've been working a bit more on the terrain this week and figuring how I can make it better by adding height and the making it more green. Framerate's is my big worry though,it works fine on my computer at around 75fps on high at least but trying to keep a really close eye on it.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

vagrantart wrote:thanks,I've been working a bit more on the terrain this week and figuring how I can make it better by adding height and the making it more green. Framerate's is my big worry though,it works fine on my computer at around 75fps on high at least but trying to keep a really close eye on it.
Perhaps when you're done with the level you can make a "low quality" version with less greenery for people with lesser machines (like myself). I'm pretty sure I've seen a few other Crymods that did this.
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

I know it goes without saying,.... but thanks for creating all this. I know it's hard work and long hours. It is much appreciated.