Respond, if you're alive....(project update/models)

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Okeedok. Will give them a go. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well my friend, I've set the glass up in a dummy lev for testing purposes. It not only looked purty, it seemed to work. One request: Alter another set? You know, so we have a little diversity for appearance sake, make certain each window doesn't look precisely the same.

Nice Job. ;)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Well, the texture should be horizontally tileable so I should be able to create some variations. :)

Btw, did you notice the raptor claw marks? :mrgreen:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Remdul wrote: Btw, did you notice the raptor claw marks? :mrgreen:
Yes, I did! Looks damn cool, Rem, not kidding either. ;) Though it did lead to the thought of altering the opacity map so they wouldn't show on each window.

Very nice, work there. I haven't the slightest idea how you created the opacity map for the texture. Use an x-ray machine? :lol:
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

X-ray eh? ;) Nope, just the right photoshop filters. 8) I simply inverted the color texture, changed gamma added layer on top et voila. Of cource took some time playing around to get it right.

That actually reminds me of another idea; inside our autopsy room or elsewhere in the lab we should have a few x-ray photos of dinosaurs on the walls. :)

Here are two other variations of the glass models:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/glass.zip

Also includes the original model/textures (glassA##). Created a new texture that looks a bit different, used on both glassB and glassC. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

dino x-ray pics sounds like a grand idea. ;)

Glass: Cool, as it's nice to have diversity, the new texture looks great too. Could probably use the same palette from the glass for the x-rays too.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Rem, when you get the chance, check the screenshot within the zip below. It's a shoreline shot near dock using two of your previous textures and and an ocean basin texture (matches our palette). Is this somewhat the appearance that you're looking for?

http://www.trespasserextras.com/shoreline.ZIP
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Had a little time after work today, so I fixed up our glass. Had to find a good balance between density, friction and breakstrength, but the windows appear to smash well now.

*Textured does look much cooler than using the alpha channels. ;)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Shoreline looks good. It'll look even better with transparant textures, but we'll figure that out that problem later. :)

Didn't have much time to work on the rather complex interior of the lab model after school, though I did model a new tree, type "wise old lonely tree". Modeled it so its possible to climb it (with the balloon-crash-in-tree in mind). Has nice roots. I didn't have the time finish texture-mapping it but I'll try to get it done by tomorrow and finish the lab interior as well. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Sounds good, buddy. Wise ol' tree, eh? That'll be cool, that will actually be the third climbable tree in level. You can climb some of the bent palms (depending upon angle) and the river tree as well. There's one river tree right next to the bridge that I've placed triggers below. If player jumps off and into the water and hits the 'spot' they'll survive the dive into the water.

*Good place for the balloon crash/wise ol' tree I think is probably directly to the right of our dock just beyond the sandy shoreline.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Yep, nice place to put the tree. :) Think there are a bunch of other locations to use it (like near the b29) but shouldn't be overused.

Uploaded it here:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom ... ree_v1.zip

Has two new textures but also uses textures included in the jungleveggies zip. Uses the existing pallette.

* uploaded new textures for the palms:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/palmtex.zip

Import these, they should look a lot better... :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Got 'em both, my friend. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Remdul, believe it or not, the original palm textures render much better. The new ones look good close up, but don't look so hot from beyond twenty paces.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Remdul, I think an old, wooden dilapated boat is an object that I need to highlight a particular area of shoreline heading towards the lighthouse, you know, to add a little something to the scenery.

Something like the appearance in the below link, though obviously more beaten up in appearance. What'dya think? I was also thinking of putting another boat of this type at the docks down at the oceanfront, though perhaps have just the bow of the boat sticking out of the water.

http://thewoodshedgiftsandmore.com/worosh.html
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Actually I had something in mind too, wanted to put a wrecked boat (with the same painted wood texture used on the dock) near the dock upside down on the beach.

Will model these smaller objects later. Will go finish the river area today. I think there will be three additional interesting locations:
-bunch of boulders near the start of the river, so you can hop from rock to rock to get accross (as well as some smaller waterfalls)
-dead tree briding the stream
-small waterfall where river flows out in ocean
Since the river pretty much cuts the island in half there would need to be more than spots to get across, otherwise the player would have to walk a considderable distance.