IJ - Research

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

IJ - Research

Post by RexHunter99 »

Discuss any research and theories for IJ "Industrial Jungle" in this topic.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: IJ - Research

Post by RexHunter99 »

I am not sure if we will be replicating some E3 scenes here as well.
EDIT: I keep getting an error message telling me there are too few characters in my post, even though there are over 1000, I'll fiddle around and hopefully get them working.

Beginning of IJ level, the streambed is lined by jungle on either side, fallen rotten logs lay over it and around it
Streambed
The pond near the beginning of IJ
Raptor in the streambed
Early mock scene used to display various animals and items, appears to be part of the stream bed
Infamous water source and pickable flower, with trike
Green Rex knocks a hunter vehicle aside in the widened stream bed area
ImageImageImage
Construction Crane
ImageImage
Perhaps a pond by the side of the road in the final stretch of IJ?
Biosyn chopper remains in what appears to be some sort of old river bed, moist mud with rocky beaches.

Here are links that refuse to work and I cant be bothered putting them through tinyurl
http://www.trescom.org/gallery/fullsize/shot001_[2].jpg
unsure if this is JR, Plains, or IJ but it appears to be IJ initially
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I've been thinking about this. Maybe we should focus first of all in using the areas already in build 96 and the retail. Then as we do some more research in this, we could try to recreate some of this.
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

A lot of the shots appear to be based on having a more swamp landscape, before the cavern became part of the level, removing the swamp and lake, if the lake itself existed, going by the walkthrough, the cavern replaced the lake idea.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

enigma wrote:A lot of the shots appear to be based on having a more swamp landscape, before the cavern became part of the level, removing the swamp and lake, if the lake itself existed, going by the walkthrough, the cavern replaced the lake idea.
I prefer a lake, the gorge/cavern area didnt work very well, there were lots of issues with terrain rendering in there and it felt out of place (then there's that ridiculous stone steps part just before you jump down into the final area)
EpicZen
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

enigma wrote:A lot of the shots appear to be based on having a more swamp landscape, before the cavern became part of the level, removing the swamp and lake, if the lake itself existed, going by the walkthrough, the cavern replaced the lake idea.
The build 96 IJ have many evidence of the swamp, among there swampplanks underground in the level. There is also objects that show you how you were able to move across over the passway you walk before the first T-Rex.