Draco - Tuesday, 12 April 2011 (JPDS RELEASED)

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Draco - Tuesday, 12 April 2011 (JPDS RELEASED)

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Watching the playthroughs on youtube. I am so impressed and pleased to see that the level was finally released. It is truly a sight behold.

Great job and congratulations.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hey, Mike! It's been a while...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Indeed, it has. Alas, I have only the usual excuse to offer: life.

From the youtube playthrough I saw of JPDS, it really does look spectacular. I wish I still had Tres so I could play it.

Draco did an extraordinary job from what little I can see and - most importantly - he followed through and released it after all this time. Very respectable.

... I was also really surprised to hear he used my sewer model and even complimented it. I wish I could see that in game as well. I never thought it'd make the final cut.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hey Mike!

If you really want to play JPDS, you can. All you need other than JPDS is the TPA files, which can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?wg85w1skr6vy5el

Should be ready to go, without the cd.

As for the sewer, I remember Draco and I talked about it some year ago, he wanted to include it to show of how JPDS would have been like, and to show of your work. I'm not sure when Draco will come back here and see this however, he have left you a message in the HRS level if you pick up the frame with your picture on it. In case you want to see it in-game yourself, go ahead, if you can't, I put the message in the spoiler here.
Spoiler: show
"To Mike, wherever you may be: Glad you decided to follow your heart. Thank you, and good luck."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

well thanks for spoiling that Tatu :P
thanks again Mike! it's a pretty incredible thing to see what was thought to be lost come to fruition.
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Spoiler: show
Oh, I think Rex has discovered it :P Evidently he went everywhere in the level and then poked around in TresEd. I'm pretty sure he found that area on his own, from the sounds of it. And YES the creatures in the Marshland are all zombie raptors! Brownies to whomever figures out the story behind them.

Anyways great job Rex, thanks for the comments! You found all the exits, a fine accomplishment if you actually reached them all without cheats. I haven't heard any stories about the unsafe bridge yet... And yeah, really proud of that sleeping rex. Thanks goes to Asjad near the very end for that sleeping rex model. It was almost a static rex in a semi-sleeping orientation.
And you mean swamps* ;) I'm interested to hear how much the sinking swamp annoyed people :P And I do appologize for manually walling off so much of the water-swamp, but it was necessary to make it work after the terrain couldn't be modified anymore.
Oh, you found EVERY level end trigger, sweet. Yes, the cluster of them in that special place was meant to load interesting savegames. I suppose we might still release a version which does so after it's all released, but probably not..

I think it would be great to see JPDS features in new fan levels, but I admit some of it is pretty involved unless you're one of us long-time Tres modders. Going over it in a dev journal sounds nice but I'm extremely strapped for time, it may just not happen. Feel free to post new threads in our JPDS forum here concerning specific features, and describe how they work for other modders... I'm moving in a few weeks but will be checking in from time to time to see the latest things people have been up to with JPDS.
On that note, I think it would be GREAT to see a horror level based on CursedArena assets that also uses the health system.

Oh yeah, the sewers. There is a bit to see beyond the blockade, but yes, it's just an inclusion of Mike's work on the sewers so that it got used somehow, since it's pretty awesome work. And I'm assuming you also fully explored the "older" tunnels which precede it.

And Rex, nice that it's inspired you, but the Winter Contest ends in just a few short days! :yum:
PS: New release, check new thread.
:!: Excuse me? "static...in a semi-sleeping orientation" ?? SEMI?? I posed it in a full sleeping position! and that is exactly the way it appears in your level. Please do not devalue the work of others, that too vaguely, especially when you have used it in your own project, however little a contribution it may be.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Never mind, Drac is now gone and has vowed never to return.

Of course, he already said the same in the past and came back none the less...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Littlenorwegians
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Littlenorwegians »

Hi, I'm having a problem with JPDS. Everything is working, except the sound. There are menu sounds, there are movie sounds, but no in-game sounds. :(
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Littlenorwegians wrote:Hi, I'm having a problem with JPDS. Everything is working, except the sound. There are menu sounds, there are movie sounds, but no in-game sounds. :(
Here's a quote from the readme:
(((IMPORTANT))) you will need to copy and paste the original audio files from Retail (build 116) Trespasser - Stream.tpa, ambient.tpa, Effects.tpa - into "JPDS\data".
Always read dem readmes. :wink:
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
Littlenorwegians
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Littlenorwegians »

Hehehe, silly me. :P