Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Antispam: No

Carnotaurs-my first level

Post by kryptoraptor.blog »

You´re in small area full of trees with no guns, and there are also two nearly invisible carnotaurs. No, it´s not your nightmare, it´s my new level.
Download it here
http://www.mediafire.com/?ckjs2iif3tbedic

Screenshots

Do you like it?
Please report any bugs you will find
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: Carnotaurs-my first level

Post by awesome24712 »

Downloaded, and played it. :)

First of all, I'd like to point out that the Carnotauruses (Carnotaurusi?) are only transparent in software mode. Most people use hardware mode, so you should try to make them use 24-bit textures so it'll also work in hardware. Look for the clouds in TC-isle to see how those work.

But otherwise, pretty decent.Try to make a wall or hills to keep the player in a defined area, perhaps provide some smaller ground foliage, add a building with some guns in it, perhaps a puzzle, and you're good to go! :)
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

awesome24712 wrote:Downloaded, and played it. :)

First of all, I'd like to point out that the Carnotauruses (Carnotaurusi?) are only transparent in software mode. Most people use hardware mode, so you should try to make them use 24-bit textures so it'll also work in hardware. Look for the clouds in TC-isle to see how those work.

But otherwise, pretty decent.Try to make a wall or hills to keep the player in a defined area, perhaps provide some smaller ground foliage, add a building with some guns in it, perhaps a puzzle, and you're good to go! :)
Instead of guns, make it so you are trapped and have to use your wits to get out of their alive, maybe you have to sneak around them, try and sort out a puzzle then they attack you (scripted) you need to find a way to hurt them and scare them off (using environment) then escape after completing the puzzle :)

Resorting to guns is what bored me most about Trespasser, unless you get a gun that's half loaded, like a Ruger single action with three shots, and you have to face off three+ raptors consecutively, you begin to become conscious about your use of the weapon. In the Demo I used the guns to quickly solve the box puzzle at the gate and the helipad puzzle as well instead of using the helmet and rock.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Another note, other than what the other guys said. I notice most trees are placed a bit underground. Either you made that because you wanted to, or you might have raised the terrain after you placed them.

On the other hand. A great level to be the first one. :)
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Better than having floating trees.... *thinks about the disaster known as Giant Forest Plains*