Trespasser Custom Edition can't run some levels!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheXenomorph1
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Antispam: No

Trespasser Custom Edition can't run some levels!

Post by TheXenomorph1 »

It appears that Trespasser Custom Edition can't run some levels properly; such as The Hunt, or TheGuy's First Level. When I play those levels on TresCE, it will end up crashing with the message "an error occurred and Tres CE will now close". Help needed ONCE AGAIN.
I am an AVP fan, but also a Jurassic Park fan.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: Trespasser Custom Edition can't run some levels!

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Well, Trespasser custom Edition is quite outdated now. So be aware that some maps may not work well with it especially ones with ATX features from later versions.... Then again, this doesn't sound like an issue. Dunno what to tell you.... The Hunt crashes for me after a certain point if I look to the right. Unfortunately, if I don't I get attacked by a raptor.... Though, that probably has to do with my "Craptop" here and stuff....
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
Antispam: No

Post by awesome24712 »

It's definitely not an ATX probelm, as it is possible to play both of those levels without it. Not sure what the exact problem is, all I can suggest is making sure all of the level files (.scn, .wtd, .grf, .swp, .pid) are in the data folder, and try lowering the draw distance. The Hunt Level is quite large (although TheGuy's level is quite the oppisite), and I tend to have a little trouble playing is also, but generally no crashes. Don't know what else to tell you.

As glitch said, Custom Edition is outdated, but that's not particularily related nor the cause of the problem. But you can get Trespasser Twilight, CE's successor (which has ATX 2.13), here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8756&hilit=trespasser+twilight
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

I'm afraid I can't help, since both of these works for me.
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.