Jungle Jam V.2

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Jungle Jam: My First Level

Post by Nick3069 »

I don't think that's the problem, or else the loading bar would have completed then crashed after the dinos would have activated.
If I verify your level with GeomAdd, it tells me that you forgot to import a part of the dilo and this:

Code: Select all

WARNING: Unknown value 'Pathfinding' found in "$AnneBody".
WARNING: Unknown value 'Subdivision' found in "Trig_SLStart_Sky-00".
WARNING: Unknown value 'ActDying' found in "RaptorAcrested".
WARNING: Unknown value 'Wander' found in "Para".
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

The unknown value don't make any crash, it's only what the engine don't recognice and won't care about it
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

If it gets to near 90%, that's either a scripting error (something doesn't make sense, such as a stupid mistake I made - told it to apply a push value, but didn't specify the target. :P), or an object is missing something, such as a keypad's .bmps... Probably something to do with those "Unknown" values - they probably don't make sense, but are required.. I didn't explain that very well.

If you put 30000 dinosaurs in one area, it'll handle it and load fine (okay, but it'd load fine with 30), bbut only 3 or so of them would actually be moving..
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
DeadEye
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DeadEye »

LtSten wrote:If it gets to near 90%, that's either a scripting error (something doesn't make sense, such as a stupid mistake I made - told it to apply a push value, but didn't specify the target. :P), or an object is missing something, such as a keypad's .bmps... Probably something to do with those "Unknown" values - they probably don't make sense, but are required.. I didn't explain that very well.

If you put 30000 dinosaurs in one area, it'll handle it and load fine (okay, but it'd load fine with 30), bbut only 3 or so of them would actually be moving..

...Because it can only handle 3 at a time. Thanks, Sten! :mrgreen:
"It's not the pace of life I mind. It's the sudden stop at the end."
~Hobbes

"It does not take the world's most powerful nations to spark the next global conflict. Just the will, of one man."
~Vladimir Makarov
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

LtSten has the right idea for what sort of errors that level crash spot would suggest..
And yes, those GeomAdd errors are pretty trivial, they are even common to retail levels 'cause the devs didn't have GeomAdd :P It's really not necessary to fix, but in case you are wondering: Pathfinding should be Pathfind; Subdivision should be SubDivision; ActDying should be ActDie (or if ActDie is already there, as it often is, delete ActDying); Wander should be ActWander.
Whatever Nick says you forgot to import with the dilo, sounds like a more likely candidate..
DeadEye
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: Jungle Jam V.2

Post by DeadEye »

Revamped the OP, I hope I can do this right this time.
"It's not the pace of life I mind. It's the sudden stop at the end."
~Hobbes

"It does not take the world's most powerful nations to spark the next global conflict. Just the will, of one man."
~Vladimir Makarov
Kaplan
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Kaplan »

Is there now a functioning version of this level? The one in the levels section of the main site still has the "loads to about 0.9 then crashes" problem..
tatu

Post by tatu »

Kaplan wrote:Is there now a functioning version of this level? The one in the levels section of the main site still has the "loads to about 0.9 then crashes" problem..
Unsure. In any case, not sure why the one in the download section is not working. But it is really small and you can view it in TresEd at least!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."