Movers

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Movers

Post by Teromen »

Does anyone know of a good example of a mover? I want to make a platform that slides forward when you push a lever. Is this too hard for a beginner? I'm unsure. But it would really add to the level I'm working on.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Movers

Post by tatu »

I'd say to take a look on how the elevator at the end of AS2 work. All you gotta do is to modify it to move forward instead of upwards :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

You know... I should have thought of that lol. Thanks.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I've been screwing around with my 3 level elevator, it's rather involved but you may want to give it a look at some
point for future reference.

elevator example: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hx9terfsd ... p.zip/file
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by morningstarring »

Teromen wrote:Does anyone know of a good example of a mover? I want to make a platform that slides forward when you push a lever. Is this too hard for a beginner? I'm unsure. But it would really add to the level I'm working on.
Share how you script it if you get it working. horizontal movement has been giving me issues.
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

From what I can tell you have to rotate the model in a 3d program first. To change the pivot? Then rotate it again in TresEd. That's just a guess.

But im not sure that applies to a mover. I know it worked on a swinging door. I was playing around with a door you push and it falls forward. It didn't work when I made it big though. I think they need several collision brushes for large ones to work. I never got that far.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Teromen wrote:From what I can tell you have to rotate the model in a 3d program first. To change the pivot? Then rotate it again in TresEd. That's just a guess.
So in my mental health state I can't contextualize what you wrote here very well, but this also descibes how I was able to fix the crane arm in IJ. If anyone recalls, it appears that the arm is supposed to swing down as you walk forward into IT, but it doesn't, instead if rotates on an irrelevant axis. Basically I took the arm and all its associated parts into Max and forced them to have the same orientation as each other. Then, I assigned the magnet free-rotate axis that made sense for this omni-pivot, and it worked. The example may be found in JPDS.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Teromen - I think I know what you're referring to here. My suggestion is the ATX "Set Object Fixed Speed" ActionType, which exists in both ATX and CE. You would simply set the speed of the object when it starts moving and use the "Stop Fixed Speed" ActionType as well as a Freeze trigger to stop it.