Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Sound names from the .tpa files

Post by tatu »

Ezekiel000 wrote:I'm guessing you know but it's not in the spreadsheet comments but these two samples from b55 are from Tomb Raider.
727CA2D5 WET CLOTHES
16A8399C JUMP GAP
Welcome to TresCom!

I do not believe that is known, but it doesn't surprise me that the devs would use sounds from another game, which is not that uncommon during the production. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome to Trespasser Park!

Hmm, possibly both sounds are from the same stock source.
Ezekiel000
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Ezekiel000 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Welcome to Trespasser Park!

Thank you.

I shouldn't think they are stock sounds, both are dialogue for Lara Croft during the tutorial of Tomb Raider 1.
I assume the dev's needed temp dialogue and these seemed to fit, they could then get additional recordings done for Anne later.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh what? I can have a listen later...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Ezekiel000 wrote:I'm guessing you know but it's not in the spreadsheet comments but these two samples from b55 are from Tomb Raider.
727CA2D5 WET CLOTHES
16A8399C JUMP GAP
Ezekiel000 wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Welcome to Trespasser Park!

Thank you.

I shouldn't think they are stock sounds, both are dialogue for Lara Croft during the tutorial of Tomb Raider 1.
I assume the dev's needed temp dialogue and these seemed to fit, they could then get additional recordings done for Anne later.
Interesting, I didn't have the slightest idea about that, not having played Tomb Raider ever...
So, I wonder if some other sounds have Tomb Raider-derived names too...

Thanks for the info!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I've played the original Tomb Raider a lot. Any easy way to hear those sounds? Sounds interesting :)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Merry Christmas! I've just uploaded the updated listings to the TresCom server, you can download them from the links on my sig as always. The listings are still incomplete, unfortunately, but we're getting really close to finishing them now...
Again, Merry Christmas!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks machf! You guys did a great job. Very unexpected progress.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Great, added to the news post!

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Just found another one, the only one which was still missing in the early Ambient.tpa files:

Code: Select all

6D6B4176	AMG-IJ-A01
Now this leaves 3 names from build 55's Stream.tpa file and 12 names from the various Effects.tpa files...
tatu

Post by tatu »

Nice find! I guess a typo could make sense, quite funny!

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Anyone wanting to help listening to the sounds from the old Soundelux libraries and comapre them to the ones in Trespasser's TPA files to look for possible names...?

https://www.sounddogs.com/search?keywor ... ion&page=3
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

machf wrote:Merry Christmas! I've just uploaded the updated listings to the TresCom server, you can download them from the links on my sig as always. The listings are still incomplete, unfortunately, but we're getting really close to finishing them now...
Again, Merry Christmas!
I've created a summary sheet of all the existing unknowns in the Effect TPAs and it looks like you've accidentally set 2027364A, 7AEF671A, and 86503DFE in the Beta97 Effects.tpa as the "small electric motor" variants (461, 462, 463 are incorrect duplicates of 112, 113, and 114).
This summary was really just for my own use since I was going a bit mad opening 9 different spreadsheets, but I've attached it to this post in case anybody else wants it all in the same place.

No new names to report yet, although this is my first time having a look since before Christmas...

Edit: I went and grabbed a list of weapons from here and ran these through with a "gun - " prefix. I get a single match on:

Match: 8cf97c2e "gun - browning hi-power 01"
which is this pistol.

I've attached the gun list (guns.txt) I used - I've tried to tidy it up a bit manually, but some further experimentation is probably required.
Attachments
guns.txt
(29.01 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
Effects Master.zip
(831.6 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

LtSten wrote:
machf wrote:Merry Christmas! I've just uploaded the updated listings to the TresCom server, you can download them from the links on my sig as always. The listings are still incomplete, unfortunately, but we're getting really close to finishing them now...
Again, Merry Christmas!
I've created a summary sheet of all the existing unknowns in the Effect TPAs and it looks like you've accidentally set 2027364A, 7AEF671A, and 86503DFE in the Beta97 Effects.tpa as the "small electric motor" variants (461, 462, 463 are incorrect duplicates of 112, 113, and 114).
Yes, the other I had realized I had left 112-114 empty and corrected it, but didn't realize I had actually pasted the text at the location for 461-463... thanks, I'm correcting it (too) and will re-upload it with the fixes...
This summary was really just for my own use since I was going a bit mad opening 9 different spreadsheets, but I've attached it to this post in case anybody else wants it all in the same place.
Yes, that's the reason I made a post just listing the few remaining ones several days ago. There are 3 in the Streams.tpa file from Build 55 and 12 (now 11 thanks to you) in the Effects.tpa file from the retail (the previous builds contain either then same ones or fewer ones) which are all, so that makes it simpler looking at just 2 listings...

No new names to report yet, although this is my first time having a look since before Christmas...

Edit: I went and grabbed a list of weapons from here and ran these through with a "gun - " prefix. I get a single match on:

Match: 8cf97c2e "gun - browning hi-power 01"
which is this pistol.
Uh huh! So, it WAS a gun after all... that sound being used in an early build for a collision between two different materials was making me doubt...
I had tried some Browning gun names, but somehow I had either skipped this one or typed it as "high power" when trying... (yes, I've visited that site as well as another one which has listings by decades, too, in order to try to figure out the missing names)
I've attached the gun list (guns.txt) I used - I've tried to tidy it up a bit manually, but some further experimentation is probably required.
I'll look at your files later...
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

No new finds, but sharing these files in case they're useful to anyone.
I went and expanded my gun list by taking names from these Wikipedia tables (along with some other "List of..."s in the "See Also" section). I tried "gun - " followed by each of these, and then also split that up into "words" and tried "gun - " followed by three words (with the usual kind of separators and endings) - results included in the zip. There's often on the order of 1000+ results, which I have looked through but it's possible I've missed a good match.

For those interested, the small amount of processing of gun names was as follows (essentially including variants which exclude ending in "rifle", and changing "smith & wesson" to "s&w", etc):
Spoiler: show

// ----------------------------------------------------------------
std::set<std::string> GenerateTresGunList
(
	std::vector<std::string> const& i_lines
)
{
	std::set<std::string> source;
	std::set<std::string> result(i_lines.cbegin(), i_lines.cend());

for (uint i = 0; i < 2; ++i) // Do two passes, so things like "Smith & Wesson Model N" get "s&w mN" variants, etc.
	{
		source = result;
		result.clear();
		for (std::string line : source)
		{
			// Convert to lowercase
			std::transform(line.begin(), line.end(), line.begin(), [] (char c) { return static_cast<char>(std::tolower(c)); });

// Add the unmodified version
			result.insert(line);

// If it contains any of the following, try without them:
			for (std::string_view str : {"model ", " submachine gun", " rifle", " assault rifle", " machine gun", " gun", " pistol", " handgun"})
			{
				if (auto pos = line.find(str); pos != std::string::npos)
				{
					std::string without = line;
					without.erase(pos, str.size());
					result.insert(without);
				}
			}

// If it contains any of the following, replace with a different string:
			for (auto [find, replace] : std::initializer_list<std::pair<std::string_view, std::string_view>>
				{
					{"smith & wesson", "s&w"},
					{"heckler & koch", "h&k"},
					{"model", "m"},
					{"model ", "m"}
				})
			{
				if (auto pos = line.find(find); pos != std::string::npos)
				{
					std::string replaced = line;
					replaced.replace(pos, find.size(), replace);
					result.insert(replaced);
				}
			}
		}
	}

return result;
}
Attachments
Lists.zip
(239.29 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]