Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Interesting...
Now, don't harass him, guys!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

lol. I sent him a PM about Palenque and whether the mayan ruins in PV had anything to do with it, might as well clear it up while we're on the topic.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

machf wrote:Now, don't harass him, guys!
Seriously. He's a guest; let's not bombard him with thousands of PMs. Don't publicize this -- if he wants, he can announce his presence to the rest of the community. :)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

PS_Trespasser wrote:the models you have asembled, are referenced manly to the geothermal plant (a section imiadatly after PV main section and before entering the bio lab area). The structures you have posted pertain to the Goethermal plant area only.. the KM counters (sorry for the bad texturing on those... I had a limmited texture count memory it was a late night and alot of other sections to polish ... these baby's had to get scrunched down conssiderably... so they suffered on quality Sad.. if you need a better texture for them... could send you a higher quality version if needed)
Apparently the View Building was a part of the Geothermal Plant area. (And yes, I said I'd be interested in the higher quality version of the KM marker.)
PS_Trespasser wrote:The Mayan ruins section was assigned to Martha Reccio, she was also part of the art teem responsible for creating the beutiful vegetation plateau's you see in the original game. Mayan reuins concept were based on a combination of temples (CALACMUL, CANCUN, UXMAL, etc. were all references inspired from) , , so I think it would be safe to say , that if you took the liberty to reference as you wish you would be loyal to the original concept design.
So it is possible that the little mystery location did have some basis on the style of architecture that was in Palenque.
Slugger wrote:
Seriously. He's a guest; let's not bombard him with thousands of PMs. Don't publicize this -- if he wants, he can announce his presence to the rest of the community. :)
I'm having some interesting dialogue with him about what the level was like, I'm just asking a couple questions that need to be cleared up.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

OK, here's my other version of the Mayan ruins:

I reduced the size, though I'm not sure about the location... about a month ago, I had tried it, but now I can't remember the exact values.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Interesting. How'd you place those other blocks?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Manually selecting them all on the JR level, exporting them as a single level, using the main Mayan terrain object to get the position, then dropping everything to ground level...
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Slugger wrote:
I agree :) so has he got access to this forum yet?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm machf just remember that no matter what, the terrain object's scale is exactly 10.000000, trust me on this. I'll have to look at your locations later.. you could be right about it being flipped 180, I'm not sure about the rest. As for spreading the blocks around, that is fairly logical, though the JR positions I'm fairly certain are based on the terrain present in JR, so I wouldn't go that far. Also remember that ALL the Mayan objects need to be scaled down when setting the main terrain object to 10.

....WOW, that's him, eh? I wonder what he's read yet and what he hasn't.. Slugger have you emailed him my questions or is that kinda in limbo? He might as well just read them on the forum now but I haven't seen him posting yet.. so I'm not sure. But I've got a lot of important stuff in there, and btw machf your view building position is so far from the shore that it barely resembles the images we have.

BTW hppav you said he that PS stated the View building WAS in the geo plant? How does that work, and what did he say to make this evident?
*takes another look* Well just because the View building is one of the models we're going over, doesn't mean it goes inside the geo plant. It could simply be immediately after, which is basically what we've been assuming anyway. He's talking about how none of what we're working on (more or less..) comes from the actual valley/"forest walk", or anything near the Harbor..

Oh and machf, trust me, that is exactly where the Plantation House goes, 100% certainty. What we can't determine is the Z-coordinate... but the "footprint" is a perfect match, if you have a look for yourself... try moving the PH house up in your scene to see how the base terrain looks w/out the house, it's a dead give-away.

PS: Mickey that's a good point. Have we added him to the PV user group?
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Yes, he's there.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hmmmm machf just remember that no matter what, the terrain object's scale is exactly 10.000000, trust me on this. I'll have to look at your locations later.. you could be right about it being flipped 180, I'm not sure about the rest. As for spreading the blocks around, that is fairly logical, though the JR positions I'm fairly certain are based on the terrain present in JR, so I wouldn't go that far. Also remember that ALL the Mayan objects need to be scaled down when setting the main terrain object to 10.
They are all scaled and moved together, selecting the terrain object the last, so that it can be taken as reference to apply the changes.

Scaling down the terrain object to 8 instead of 10 lets it fit inside the are before getting bent on the edges, BTW... it's another possibility. And remember, those grass objects are part of it too! They are designed to "show up" through some cracks/joints in the terrain object... so that it HAS to be flat onthose places.

....WOW, that's him, eh? I wonder what he's read yet and what he hasn't.. Slugger have you emailed him my questions or is that kinda in limbo? He might as well just read them on the forum now but I haven't seen him posting yet.. so I'm not sure. But I've got a lot of important stuff in there, and btw machf your view building position is so far from the shore that it barely resembles the images we have.
Not really... Don't you remember these images?

In all of them that's the location of the building... well, I replaced that model with the newer one at the same spot, but I haven't moved it since. If anything, I'd move it further INWARD, maybe (because of the GTP wall).

EDIT: ah, THESE were the images...

They were further down on the same page:
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... &start=105

Of course, we may just get a definitive answer now...
BTW hppav you said he that PS stated the View building WAS in the geo plant? How does that work, and what did he say to make this evident?
*takes another look* Well just because the View building is one of the models we're going over, doesn't mean it goes inside the geo plant. It could simply be immediately after, which is basically what we've been assuming anyway.
He said it's in the GTP area, which doesn't mean the same as "part of the plant itself". The location I suggest would fit in with that...

He's talking about how none of what we're working on (more or less..) comes from the actual valley/"forest walk", or anything near the Harbor..

Oh and machf, trust me, that is exactly where the Plantation House goes, 100% certainty. What we can't determine is the Z-coordinate... but the "footprint" is a perfect match, if you have a look for yourself... try moving the PH house up in your scene to see how the base terrain looks w/out the house, it's a dead give-away.
I'll take a look...

EDIT2: well, I don't really see anyhting about the JR terrain, other than it's totally flat in the area. Or did you mean the modified demo level with the PH there?
PS: Mickey that's a good point. Have we added him to the PV user group?
don vercetti
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by don vercetti »

Now this is really, really, really, really unbelievable :o

This will definately help us out huge!

Btw, Machf, I'm not sure the mayan ruins were there, or at least they didn't look like that, according to the beta screenshot. I'm really excited to see what old pics Salas can dig up. And all this happening around my birthday (25/3) :D !

-btw, we should really get an IRC channel. That'd make it a lot easier to discuss-
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

don vercetti wrote: Btw, Machf, I'm not sure the mayan ruins were there, or at least they didn't look like that, according to the beta screenshot.
You mean this one you located?

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

don vercetti wrote:Btw, Machf, I'm not sure the mayan ruins were there, or at least they didn't look like that, according to the beta screenshot.
Mr. Salas said that there were SOME mayan ruins, he didn't say the entire area from Ascent 1 belonged to PV (which I too doubt, it's too big I think).
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Neither did I... and anyway, the location from that screenshot is far away from the Mayan ruins. And the Plantation House or whatever is located behind the viewer in this picture, so it isn't visible, either...