Bool Act??? & Update T-script Reference

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

And the last update of the year is ready... it's still the same link, but here it is, anyway:

link

Notice that the "I" in different paragraphs may actually be different persons, as the document contains contributions by several people (as listed there). It isn't final, either - there are still further things that need to be added.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Awesome, going to read through as much of it as I can now. BTW have you got an updated GeomAdd Known Values list ready? Or is that already in the wiki somewhere...

EDIT: Haha, someone took a bite out of the flower..
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/wiki/
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

What about the list Big Red provided here?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ah sorry I'll check that out later, I have to run for work - but I've just made this update for CBackdrop objects.
CBackdrop

Not sure how this class is used. A few levels have this, but they contain no other values, just "string Class = "CBackdrop"". Initialized as standard instance (may have different function in-game).
CBackdrop

Used in original levels to represent Mt. Watson from great distances, either when terrain is too distant to be rendered or does not extend far enough to have it included. CBackdrop is excluded from the normal render-distance restriction for visible models in Trespasser, where the mesh begins to disappear at a certain range, and as such will be viewable in full quality across any ingame distance. CBackdrop is also excluded from Occlusion objects. In the original levels, the CBackdrop always takes on the color of the level's fog setting. New CBackdrop objects are colored black when within a certain viewing distance, for uknown reasons. They can sometimes take on the level's fog color when far enough away. CBackdrop objects cannot use textures, however if one is textured, it will take on an average color of the texture rather than black in the afore mentioned circumstances. CBackdrop meshes copied in TresEd from other CBackdrop meshes can appear as gray-textureless rather than black unless reimported, suggesting lighting settings used by GeomAdd are required for CBackdrop to work properly and would also be why new CBackdrop objects do not work like those in the original levels. No original instances contain other values, just "string Class = "CBackdrop"". Initialized as standard instance (may have different function in-game).

Image Image Image Image Image
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Interesting, I never looked at that. Apparently, only the Beach, Industrial jungle and the Town levels use it...

Will be included in the next revision I upload...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:What about the list Big Red provided here?
Have been using GeomAdd just now, where I replaced the known values with BigRed's list... was told this during verification, about values I know were known by GeomAdd previously...

Code: Select all

WARNING: Unknown value 'Pathfinding' found in "$AnneBody".
WARNING: Unknown value 'Subdivision' found in "Trig_SLStart_Sky-00".
WARNING: Unknown value 'RestoringForce' found in "MFloodgateDoor-00".
Hmmm, it's quite strange. Values not known by Big Red? How would that have happened?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No, those are typos by the Trespasser developers, actually...
the right ones would be "Pathfind", "SubDivision" and "RestoreStrength", IIRC.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

O, rly? Interesting!
Well, I've decided to go through the new T-Script reference in chunks, a bit like you do with the TPA decoding. Here is my analysis for the latest chunk I've read today.
CEntityAttached

Pretty much like a CInstance, but has a "string Target" value, which is the object it is attached to. Beware, if it's tangible and it's colliding with the "parent" object, it will attempt to "free" itself.
Hmmmm, interesting, machf do you know of instances when this freeing happened?
CEntityWater

Ripples happen on water entities when objects collide with it. See also CWaterDisturbance.
Type Name Default Description
float ResolutionRatio 1.0 Optional. One original level has this as 2.0, the others do not specify it.
Dunno if you want to mention this or not, but the accepted range seems to be 0.0 to 2.0 - TC Isle uses 0.5 on a number of occasions, I think to ease up rendering.. it alters the scale of ripples on the water. See JPDS~testing for examples.

EDIT: Actually, I would use this:
float ResolutionRatio 1.0 Optional. One original level has this as 2.0, the others do not specify it. Range is 0.0 to 2.0? Specifies scales of ripples on water.
string SoundMaterial none Optional. For the few original levels that have this, it is "Water".
Actually, SoundMaterial has no effect on CEntityWater, even while it was assigned to one or two of them in the retail (or it might have just been demo, not sure). Seems to have been for an older build of the engine, 'cause as much as I try, CEntityWatter objects will not use any other sound, not even the other water sounds. Also, "Water" as a sound material doesn't seem to work for any other objects..
CGun

See a level for examples..
string MFlashObject0 must specify CMuzzleFlash(s) for gun (Named object must exist.)
string MFlashObject1 none CMuzzleFlash(s) for gun (Named object must exist.)

Example:

group Pak47drumagazine-00 = {
string MFlashOrg = "$FAKDFlash-00"
string MFlashObject0 = "FMFrifleMF03-00"
string MFlashObject1 = "FMFrifleMF04-00"
string MFlashObject2 = "FMFrifleMF05-00"
bool RandomRotate = true
float MFlashDuration = 0.000000
bool AutoFire = true
string Sample = "GUN - AK47 SHOT"
string RingSample = "GUN - AK47 REL"
string EmptyClipSample = "GUN - AUTOMATIC DRYFIRE 01"
string SoundMaterial = "Rifle"
float WakeUp = 175.000000
float RecoilForce = 55.000000
float ROF = 10.000000
float Push = 230.000000
float Damage = 15.000000
float DamageMultiplier = 1.000000
float Range = 200.000000
int MaxAmmo = 100
bool AltAmmoCount = true
string Class = "CGun"
bool Tangible = true
bool Moveable = true
float Density = 0.080000
string Type = "Compound"
string Model00 = "$Fak47drum00-00"
string Model01 = "$Fak47drum01-00"
string Detail1 = "$Pak47drumagazineDRC-00"
float A01 = 30.000000
string DetailShadow = "$Pak47drumagazineShdw-00"
string Barrel = "$FAKDbarrel-00"
string RecoilOrg = "$FAKDrecoil-00"
float Diffuse = 1.200000
float Specular = 1.200000
float SpecularAngle = 37.000000
}
Not the most organized entry.. could suffice but, I'd say this could stand to be better documented. For example, listing what values are needed and what aren't. I could give a detailed description later. Also - as far as I can tell, it accepts all CInstance values, so that should be mentioned. Haven't tested all of them, of course, like AlwaysFace.. that would be interesting..
CInstance

General object in world. See also the trigger actions "CAnimateTextureAction", "CSetPhysicsAction", and "CSubstituteMeshAction".
Misc
bool AI If true and a dino has ActGetOut=true, the dino won't go into this bounding volume. I think the default value of AI is true if object is Visible, and false if it has Visible=false.
This is good about AI, but it's not just a question of not going into - certain tangible objects also have an AI true/false value; it basically states whether the object's existance and dimentions are used by an AI when it calculates its movements and actions through the world space. Dunno how or if this should be mentioned..
int AIType unknown What AI sees this object as:
2 = dinosaur
3 = bone, carcas
5 = Anne
15 = water
Herbivor food/plant matter seems to be missing from this list.. I'm guessing it's 1 but don't go by that. I think Rebel or Remdul had a diffinitive answer on AI types..
float Damage unknown ?
float Height unknown ? Use if Planted=true.
bool Merge true ?
bool Split true ?
string Mesh none Use mesh of given object instead of own mesh.
string Physics none Use physics objects of given object instead of own ones.
bool Planted false ?
string SoundMaterial none Used by CCollisionTrigger. May also be name of sound from "Effects.tpa", but doesn't have to be.
bool Wrap true ?
--->
float Damage 0.0 Base value for calculating damage caused by an object to Anne or CAnimals in collisions.
bool Planted false Stretches the vertices of a mesh between the lowest boundry and the specified Height value onto the terrain. Will cause rendering anomolies when part of the mesh lies underground. Used for certain tree models in original levels.
float Height ? See Planted.
bool Merge true Unused value; used for Max importing scripts?
bool Split true Unused value; used for Max importing scripts?
bool Wrap true Unused value; used for Max importing scripts?
string Physics none Use physics of given object instead of its own.
string SoundMaterial none Name of material located in the foley table of "Effects.tpa" (does not need to exist). Also used by CCollisionTrigger.
int AlphaChannel none 0,1,8 in original levels. Make object transparent. Used by LightBeam in testscene, and also by many triggers.
int AlphaChannel none 0,1,8 in original levels. Makes object transparent, where 0 means invisible, 1 gives 50% transparent white, and values above 1 (unknown limit) give increasing degrees of transparency. Used by LightBeam in testscene; many original triggers assign as 0 but value isn't needed.
float Bumpiness unknown
bool Curved false ? Ignored?
float Bumpiness unknown Degree of expession for bump (normal) maps.
bool Curved false Used for calculating smoothness of shading on meshes; used in original levels for CAnimals.
bool CacheIntersecting false ?
bool CacheIntersecting false ? Can be used to prevent certain water ripple anomolies in hardware mode.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:O, rly? Interesting!
Well, I've decided to go through the new T-Script reference in chunks, a bit like you do with the TPA decoding. Here is my analysis for the latest chunk I've read today.
CEntityAttached

Pretty much like a CInstance, but has a "string Target" value, which is the object it is attached to. Beware, if it's tangible and it's colliding with the "parent" object, it will attempt to "free" itself.
Hmmmm, interesting, machf do you know of instances when this freeing happened?
If you mean the retail levels, there aren't any, but try it yourself - I saw it happen first when I attached wheels to a vehicle and made them tangible (you shouldn't stay near that car, really), and also when I attached the bumper similarly.
CEntityWater

Ripples happen on water entities when objects collide with it. See also CWaterDisturbance.
float ResolutionRatio 1.0 Optional. One original level has this as 2.0, the others do not specify it.
Dunno if you want to mention this or not, but the accepted range seems to be 0.0 to 2.0 - TC Isle uses 0.5 on a number of occasions, I think to ease up rendering.. it alters the scale of ripples on the water. See JPDS~testing for examples.

EDIT: Actually, I would use this:
float ResolutionRatio 1.0 Optional. One original level has this as 2.0, the others do not specify it. Range is 0.0 to 2.0? Specifies scales of ripples on water.
string SoundMaterial none Optional. For the few original levels that have this, it is "Water".
Actually, SoundMaterial has no effect on CEntityWater, even while it was assigned to one or two of them in the retail (or it might have just been demo, not sure). Seems to have been for an older build of the engine, 'cause as much as I try, CEntityWatter objects will not use any other sound, not even the other water sounds. Also, "Water" as a sound material doesn't seem to work for any other objects..
CGun

See a level for examples..
string MFlashObject0 must specify CMuzzleFlash(s) for gun (Named object must exist.)
string MFlashObject1 none CMuzzleFlash(s) for gun (Named object must exist.)

Example:

group Pak47drumagazine-00 = {
string MFlashOrg = "$FAKDFlash-00"
string MFlashObject0 = "FMFrifleMF03-00"
string MFlashObject1 = "FMFrifleMF04-00"
string MFlashObject2 = "FMFrifleMF05-00"
bool RandomRotate = true
float MFlashDuration = 0.000000
bool AutoFire = true
string Sample = "GUN - AK47 SHOT"
string RingSample = "GUN - AK47 REL"
string EmptyClipSample = "GUN - AUTOMATIC DRYFIRE 01"
string SoundMaterial = "Rifle"
float WakeUp = 175.000000
float RecoilForce = 55.000000
float ROF = 10.000000
float Push = 230.000000
float Damage = 15.000000
float DamageMultiplier = 1.000000
float Range = 200.000000
int MaxAmmo = 100
bool AltAmmoCount = true
string Class = "CGun"
bool Tangible = true
bool Moveable = true
float Density = 0.080000
string Type = "Compound"
string Model00 = "$Fak47drum00-00"
string Model01 = "$Fak47drum01-00"
string Detail1 = "$Pak47drumagazineDRC-00"
float A01 = 30.000000
string DetailShadow = "$Pak47drumagazineShdw-00"
string Barrel = "$FAKDbarrel-00"
string RecoilOrg = "$FAKDrecoil-00"
float Diffuse = 1.200000
float Specular = 1.200000
float SpecularAngle = 37.000000
}
Not the most organized entry.. could suffice but, I'd say this could stand to be better documented.
Oh, it definitely does need more details... I just quickly pasted the t-script of the first gun I could see as a last-minute addition to remember to add the info later... the original just had that "See a level for examples" note.
For example, listing what values are needed and what aren't. I could give a detailed description later. Also - as far as I can tell, it accepts all CInstance values, so that should be mentioned. Haven't tested all of them, of course, like AlwaysFace.. that would be interesting..
Don't bother, I'm handling that myself...
CInstance

General object in world. See also the trigger actions "CAnimateTextureAction", "CSetPhysicsAction", and "CSubstituteMeshAction".
Misc
bool AI If true and a dino has ActGetOut=true, the dino won't go into this bounding volume. I think the default value of AI is true if object is Visible, and false if it has Visible=false.
This is good about AI, but it's not just a question of not going into - certain tangible objects also have an AI true/false value; it basically states whether the object's existance and dimentions are used by an AI when it calculates its movements and actions through the world space. Dunno how or if this should be mentioned..
int AIType unknown What AI sees this object as:
2 = dinosaur
3 = bone, carcas
5 = Anne
15 = water
Herbivor food/plant matter seems to be missing from this list.. I'm guessing it's 1 but don't go by that. I think Rebel or Remdul had a diffinitive answer on AI types..
float Damage unknown ?
float Height unknown ? Use if Planted=true.
bool Merge true ?
bool Split true ?
string Physics none Use physics objects of given object instead of own ones.
bool Planted false ?
string SoundMaterial none Used by CCollisionTrigger. May also be name of sound from "Effects.tpa", but doesn't have to be.
bool Wrap true ?
--->
float Damage 0.0 Base value for calculating damage caused by an object to Anne or CAnimals in collisions.
bool Planted false Stretches the vertices of a mesh between the lowest boundry and the specified Height value onto the terrain. Will cause rendering anomolies when part of the mesh lies underground. Used for certain tree models in original levels.
float Height ? See Planted.
bool Merge true Unused value; used for Max importing scripts?
bool Split true Unused value; used for Max importing scripts?
bool Wrap true Unused value; used for Max importing scripts?
string Physics none Use physics of given object instead of its own.
string SoundMaterial none Name of material located in the foley table of "Effects.tpa" (does not need to exist). Also used by CCollisionTrigger.
int AlphaChannel none 0,1,8 in original levels. Make object transparent. Used by LightBeam in testscene, and also by many triggers.
int AlphaChannel none 0,1,8 in original levels. Makes object transparent, where 0 means invisible, 1 gives 50% transparent white, and values above 1 (unknown limit) give increasing degrees of transparency. Used by LightBeam in testscene; many original triggers assign as 0 but value isn't needed.
The thing is, there are some 16 possible values, I think from 0 to 15, each corresponding to a preset combination of R, G, B and Alpha values.

0	201,222,255,0.4
1	201,222,255,0.2
2	201,222,255,0.1
3	201,222,255,0.05
4	255,255,237,0.2
5	201,222,237,0.1
6	201,222,237,0.05
7	224,255,255,0.2
8	224,255,255,0.1
9	224,255,255,0.05
10	255,255,255,0.2
11	255,255,255,0.1
12	255,255,255,0.05
13	128,128,255,0.5
14	128,128,255,0.5
15	128,128,255,0.5
I think the "Settings" class is the one that allows to change the default values in some way. It needs a bit more research.

UPDATE: just did a test, and yes, it works:

ValueTable for instance 0 "Alpha0Settings" :

group Alpha0Settings = {
    string Class = "Settings"
    int AlphaChannel = 0
    int R = 0
    int G = 128
    int B = 0
    float Alpha = 0.500000
}
You just need one Settings object to define each AlphaChannel's properties, apparently.
float Bumpiness unknown
bool Curved false ? Ignored?
float Bumpiness unknown Degree of expession for bump (normal) maps.
bool Curved false Used for calculating smoothness of shading on meshes; used in original levels for CAnimals.
bool CacheIntersecting false ?
bool CacheIntersecting false ? Can be used to prevent certain water ripple anomolies in hardware mode.
EDIT: OK, I just uploaded another update...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:The thing is, there are some 16 possible values, I think from 0 to 15, each corresponding to a preset combination of R, G, B and Alpha values.

0	201,222,255,0.4
1	201,222,255,0.2
2	201,222,255,0.1
3	201,222,255,0.05
4	255,255,237,0.2
5	201,222,237,0.1
6	201,222,237,0.05
7	224,255,255,0.2
8	224,255,255,0.1
9	224,255,255,0.05
10	255,255,255,0.2
11	255,255,255,0.1
12	255,255,255,0.05
13	128,128,255,0.5
14	128,128,255,0.5
15	128,128,255,0.5
I think the "Settings" class is the one that allows to change the default values in some way. It needs a bit more research.

UPDATE: just did a test, and yes, it works:

ValueTable for instance 0 "Alpha0Settings" :

group Alpha0Settings = {
    string Class = "Settings"
    int AlphaChannel = 0
    int R = 0
    int G = 128
    int B = 0
    float Alpha = 0.500000
}
You just need one Settings object to define each AlphaChannel's properties, apparently.
Ah! :| Sweet! Many new possible uses for this now..
K looking good, I'll go through more when I have time.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote: Ah! :| Sweet! Many new possible uses for this now..
Not really, as the colors only have an effect in software mode, IIRC...
K looking good, I'll go through more when I have time.[/quote]
Haven't worked on the CGun parameters yet, in case you're wondering...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:
Eh? I'll still test that out myself.. but yeah that would pretty much bring it back to square one, lol.
Nope I browsed through the revisions and saw that. I'm sure that'll take a bit of time.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
machf wrote:
Eh? I'll still test that out myself.. but yeah that would pretty much bring it back to square one, lol.
It's similar to what happens with fog colors...
Nope I browsed through the revisions and saw that. I'm sure that'll take a bit of time.
Yes, maybe with the next update...

UPDATE (~10PM): Well, I added the CGun info, hopefully it's complete, I also added and/or cirrected some other things...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, I've uploaded an updated version with brief descriptions of the dinosaur emotions and activities, but as I said, there's still lots to be added, I'll keep working on it.