Annes chest, making a man

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

chronzerg wrote:Very good. Now we just have to get the legs to move. How did you get the arm rigged. My theory on how to get the guy was to actually use the vertices of Anne, but make a new model. In other words, only move vertices to make a new model, and leave the arm area in tack. This would have been difficult.
Hmmm, no, it was a completely new mesh, I found it on the Internet. I think it was on TurboSquid, let me see... yes, I found him here. It's $4 now, back then it was free, hmmm...

I only modified the head (which had too many vertices originally) and the arms (which were positioned extended to the sides). You may remember I tried a player skeleton with the arm bones to the sides back then... but it made the level crash, probably I needed to rotate the bones or something. That's when I created Bob and used him for further tests instead. (And you didn't think Bob was a modified Anne mesh, did you?)

What I did use Anne for was as a reference both to rig the mesh and to prepare the substitute meshes - each one of those involved repositioning the hand in a different way. I overlapped both meshes in wireframe mode in order to pull vertices around until they approximately matched the corresponding position.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Woah! :o Great job, machf! I don't really see why a black gangster would be on Site B or on Jurassic Park, but still cool.
Are you planning on releasing Khaled like you did with Bob?
The damage thing is a bit strange, is that thing on his neck suppose to be blood coming from a neck wound or something?
Last edited by Nick3069 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm... he could have been aboard the smuggler plane, or something... what's a single white woman doing on SIte B, anyway?

The damage thing is a skull on his shirt... it gets progressively red with blood (in the original texture, it's all completely blood-red from the start). I don't think it's stranger than a heart tattoo that gets progressively redder...

And yes, I'm going to release him this week, probably, but I've been kind of busy these days with some other stuff, and still am...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

machf wrote:what's a single white woman doing on SIte B, anyway?
She had her heart broken by a guy so she went on vacation to get past it, her plane flying past Site B to get to Costa Rica. Then it crashes.

It's all in the VOs :)
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm, no, it was a completely new mesh, I found it on the Internet. I think it was on TurboSquid, let me see... yes, I found him here. It's $4 now, back then it was free, hmmm...
Marco used a completely new mesh which we were told he built himself based on plans that he.. heh.. "found on the Internet."
hppav wrote:
machf wrote:what's a single white woman doing on SIte B, anyway?
She had her heart broken by a guy so she went on vacation to get past it, her plane flying past Site B to get to Costa Rica. Then it crashes.

It's all in the VOs :)
xP

lol the Smuggler idea is cool. We should totally make a Smuggler level sometime.... *wonders what the plot of such a level would be*

@machf's JPDS~testing scripts:
Hmmmm....! I never spent time to figure out how Enable worked. It always confuddled me, knowing of the existance of Freeze, the -Free values, and the ability to change those values.. Enabling the magnet didn't seem to fit in, I did notice it's used for the IT gates. Well that's awesome it can solve the problem. 8)

Oh and, yeah nice job on Khaled. ;) Can't wait for Phase 3 to be released...
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Way to go machf! :mrgreen:
@Nick3069 -- I thought the same thing myself.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

a plot for a smuggler level would be EASY
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Second Illiteration wrote:a plot for a smuggler level would be EASY
Yeah. Maybe he survived the crash of the plane in Industrial Jungle? Aren't those "drug packages" included amongst the Lost Models?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Slugger wrote:
Second Illiteration wrote:a plot for a smuggler level would be EASY
Yeah. Maybe he survived the crash of the plane in Industrial Jungle? Aren't those "drug packages" included amongst the Lost Models?
Yep, I converted the whole lot of those smuggler plane models at one time - made them all available to Nem, but obviously he needed only the plane itself and everything that went with it..

Lol, they're actually all currently in JPDS1, fully ready for use (except the stray propeller), but it's not final that they will be in that level or not.. may be suited best elsewhere.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, here he is:

http://files.filefront.com/PlayerTestzi ... einfo.html

Some considerations:
First, I've been wondering whether there could be some problems with the model not being available for free anymore, but since the author himself states it's suited for using in games by giving it a proper skeleton, I guess there shouldn't be any - the mesh isn't being distributed in its original form, either, and I've modified both the mesh and its texture to a certain degree to meet the game's requirements (IOW, the originals are more detailed).
Second, even though I've given Khaled a health indicator and substitute meshes, I haven't made any new vocals for him - I leave that for anybody else who wants to take care of the task.
Third, this is a test level - don't expect it to have a plot or anything. Aside from Khaled himself, you will only find some weapons and other objects which are there for the sole purpose of testing the various substitute meshes.

So, have fun, and if you want to include Khaled in your own level, go ahead, just be sure to export him correctly and also the two cubes which contain the health indicator textures - and those should be imported into your level first, before importing Khaled himself. I'm moving on to experiment with some other stuff now (as I always do), who know what will come out of it...
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

That's pretty cool, in the words of O'neill -- "ex-x-x-x-x-cellent." 8)

I was chuckling the whole time playing in thirdp; especially jumping and crouching (he just seems to sink into the terrain, :lol:). I never realized how freakishly long that right arm is compared to the left.

Now we need to figure out how to make his legs appear to move, as well as crouching/jumping...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Uh huh. I'm thinking it may require a new version of ATX or something, to detect keypresses so that the legs are animated accordingly. And it would have to be for whatever user-defined keys make the player walk, run, jump, crouch or walk backwards... ideally, by repositioning the bones as needed for each action. Simple, huh? ;)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heheh. ;P

Actually, I once asked Big Red to implement a function that could detect keystrokes, and he said there was no way to collect the information with Tres (at least, and then send it to the scripting engine..). I have a theory that one of the abilities of ATX opened up by the EXE-release version (ATX2) might be to detect keystrokes, we'll have to see.......
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Hey guys I dunno how this helps (with our new man, but it should help out with moveable vehicles) but I think I got the both hinged objects and invisible instances (bakers) attached to a moveable object (the grey jeep from the retail game (the one with the extendo chair))I think it was in my extended level after annes rescue chopper crashes. ( :) Im not gonna say much more)
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

What level is that, the one you mentioned here?