Blank .SMK file?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Blank .SMK file?

Post by TheIdiot »

Anybody got a blank (or 1 second of blackness) .SMK file lying around? I want to remove the Trespasser intro video but deleting the file itself prevents the game from starting, so I'm going to just replace it with a dummy file instead. Would make one myself except there isn't a whole lot of information on .SMK files these days! :sick:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Blank .SMK file?

Post by Draconisaurus »

Trespasser Millennium has the Smacker app if I remember right. So just use whatever cut-rate video editing app you have around to make a second of black screen, then smack it.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

If it isn't available here on TresCom, You can get the SMK converter program from the RAD Game Tools website:
http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
Download "The RAD Video Tools" 7z archive, open it with 7-zip, enter the password "RAD" and install.

I've converted the Trespasser demo's intro video with RAD video and used 99% compression, bit rate of 1, set the video to only show the first 2 frames and cropped the video to 1 pixel. I've attached the resulting file.
Attachments
blank_tpassintro.zip
(22.42 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Thanks a ton, Nick. Just what I needed. :)
I was using the Smacker program Drac mentioned, not sure if those two programs you guys mentioned are the same. I used to have the RAD game tools program as well but haven't touched it for so long I'd forgotten about it.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

No problem, glad to help.
I think there was an older version of the program that only converted to SMK, and not BIK. It was available for download on the hosted Chaos Island page, but the download link doesn't work anymore.

Quick note: That file I created seems to work fine for CE, but when I try run the vanilla game it crashes.