How to add maps to Trespasser

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

rekinsmok1
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

How to add maps to Trespasser

Post by rekinsmok1 »

can someone tell me how to add maps to Trespasser i have ATX, but i don't know how to add new maps :D
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: How to add maps to Trespasser

Post by tatu »

Welcome to TresCom!

It all depends on the level you want to add. Now days, it is only recommended to use ATX to play some specific ATX mods, otherwise we highly recommend using the CE patch instead. The CE patch adds better modern support as well as stability to the game. :) Of course, adding new levels with CE is a bit more work.

But for ATX. First you need to do a hard-drive installation of the game. This require you to uninstall the game first if you have it installed. Move all the files from the Trespasser CD to a folder on your PC "TresCD". Then run the installation. After that, install ATX as normal and place fan levels inside the "data" folder inside the "TresCD" folder. Load them up with the level cheat. :)
(PS: Some specific mods requires some more work to get working, but they should have a readme).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Welcome to the site! :)

Just want to add to what tatu said - the process is the same for CE, which it is recommended you use unless the level's ReadMe states that you should use ATX. Most ATX mods work totally fine on CE, though. The level's files (.grf, .pid, .scn, .swp, .wtd) go in the data folder, NOT the MAPS folder that comes with ATX. The Maps folder is for other files that some mods use. And the level select menu cheat tatu mentioned is performed from the main menu by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+Q+W, then releasing the W.
You can also try the Starter Kit from Draconisaurus, which features everything you need (and more) as well as some levels to get you set-up easily, which can be found in the link below.
https://www.trescom.org/download/trespa ... arter-kit/

Hope you get everything up-and-running smoothly! :)
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Welcome :) Definitely go with the modding starter kit - it's not as scary as it might sound. There's instructions in there with which even I could set it up, and that's saying something :razz: Good luck!