Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

TresCom20 - Maps

Post by Draconisaurus »

So, every once in a while a thread here at TresCom really gets going, and ends up to be endless pages of conversation, like the Trespasser CE creation thread or the original JPDS thread, and it becomes very tedious to track down important information and such. As such, I'm starting the first separate thread for the mod, to be focused on mapping. The level has become, as you may well imagine, rather extensive.

To start off, here is a labeled greyscale heightmap of the level:
TresCom20Heightmap01.png
TresCom20Heightmap01.png (233.48 KiB) Viewed 775 times
To-be-updated/modified as production goes on. Eventually planning to put in road paths. But this can help us keep track of what's where, where is North, the size of the mod, etc. I imagine also making more localized maps for locations like the plateaus and the TresCom Harbor.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: TresCom20 - Maps

Post by TheIdiot »

Looks decent so far, but I do want to stress that I think creating too much pre-planning stuff like this could stall development on this level. I was guilty of doing this myself with the previous Anniversary level. Better to let development continue freely without dictating where each little idea should go. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: TresCom20 - Maps

Post by Draconisaurus »

I hear you loud and clear. At the same time you mentioned being confused by what the different areas were about that'd already been done. That's one of the focuses here.