Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Trespasser Guy's Palm Gate FINAL RELEASE

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Welp, someone was going to do it :lol:

I was inspired by Drac's pencil mod sketch of Palm Gate that I decided to bring it up the well and into Trespasser. Gameplay is pretty much exactly the same as the original sketch Drac made. I even used the 2007 WoT contestlev as a base, however I did take some artistic license in some areas. You''ll just have to see what's been added! 8)

Happy New Years, and Enjoy!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8zxui3rf ... 0.zip/file
Last edited by TrespasserGuy on Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: TG~PG1

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

You crazy son of a bitch, you did it.

Can’t wait to try this!
tatu

Post by tatu »

Now that was quick. I'll check it out! I think myself would make way more fan levels if I had a proper plan to go on like Draco :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Just played this and streamed it for the Discord.

This was a lot of fun! Very nice job and impressive turnaround time to get this completed so quickly after Draco posted his pencil-mod :)

@Draconisaurus Ready for your next pencil-mod!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

J7/TrespasserGuy, I'm speachless. Animals were never intended to get off the island!

I played a bit, got over the first gate, then died and joined the stream. That console is wicked.

As it happens, PG2 was finished before I posted PG1. I'll put it up soon...
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Draconisaurus wrote:As it happens, PG2 was finished before I posted PG1. I'll put it up soon...
:yes:
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Thanks everyone for the quick feedback! I'm ashamed to say I never got to see the gameplay stream on Discord :oops: .
Draconisaurus wrote:As it happens, PG2 was finished before I posted PG1. I'll put it up soon...
Oh awesome! Hopefully I can incorporate it into the terrain file of PG1 as continuation of the first
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Nice little map. :yes:

You took some liberties from Draco's design; I got stuck at the last section so I tried to follow his document, but there was no pole to open the door and I ended up wasting a bunch of time trying to find it.

You should modify the script so the compies follow the meat chunk, the chunk often rolls a bit too far from the compies resulting with them just mindlessly standing there.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Was busy so I just got around to playing this. Nice little level, pretty much exactly how I think Drac envisioned it with some liberties thrown in. I noticed some fun scripting on the dinos here and there that felt nice and refreshing, sort of TC-esque (which was what I had suggested Drac try on the concept post). I liked the idea of distracting the Raptor with the meat chunk, though I ended up flattening him with a crate before he got a chance to chow down - as such I only noticed this in TresEd. There is something quite nice looking about this level, again reminding me of TC Isle - though I did notice that beyond the final gate is the out-of-bounds void...no big problem, though. :P Short little levels like this can definitely be fun, and I think this one is a strong example of that formula. Definitely reminds me of The Complex now that I see it in all its glory.
Anyway, nice work, can't believe you turned this one out so fast! Would love to see more of this sort of thing if/when more level concepts are created. :)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Ooops, I had forgotten about this one, I've been a bit busy these days... I guess I'll have to try it tomorrow.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

TG~PG1+2

Post by TrespasserGuy »

After over a week, we have the next installment of Palm Gate, the Trespasser mod based off a concept from Draconisaurus, which can be viewed on this thread: https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11729

This new release is based off of PG2, and builds off the original PG1, so you still start off at the beach. If you want to bypass the previous gameplay, you can use the tnext cheat to skip to the new area. However, I recommend looking around the original area, as I've added and fixed some stuff after getting feedback from you guys.
I've added a concrete dock to the starting beach, as well a little bit of context as to why Anne is on this island :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kro7gy6y ... 0.zip/file
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: TG~PG1 (PG2 released!)

Post by Draconisaurus »

I've heard this is going to be streamed on the Discord tomorrow! Be sure to catch it this time!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

machf wrote:Ooops, I had forgotten about this one, I've been a bit busy these days... I guess I'll have to try it tomorrow.
And after playing it, I never could come back and comment about it. In one word: short.
Yeah, it ends too quickly...

Time to look at this new version now, I guess...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: TG~PG1 (PG2 released!)

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Well, here it is folks, the final release of my version of Palm Gate. This release incorporates all three of Drac's pencil mods, with some added stuff from yours truly. I added a lot of stuff that will make the original versions of the level look completely foreign, and this is reflected in the level files, which are now simply named "tg~pg". I hope you all enjoy!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a9fzm7g3 ... l.zip/file
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Trespasser Guy's Palm Gate FINAL RELEASE

Post by TheIdiot »

Nice work! I really like the final version, feels just right now. That ending area is really well-done, I especially like the attention to detail and the use of building blocks for the dam, which is quite impressive to look at. The coloured water is a cool touch too, and the marine iguana chilling on the rocks was unexpected and cool to see. The whole thing goes together quite nicely, and it's not obvious that it's a combination of several different concepts strung together at all - you've managed to make the new areas blend in with the areas adapted from Drac's sketches as well, which is important as I feel that had they not fit in, this level could have become a bit of a hodgepodge. Just an overall fun, consistent level with a good balance of puzzles and dinosaurs.
I definitely have to recommend this one highly, it may be small and linear but what it sets out to do is done pretty much perfectly, and I think making this level too long or too open would have made it tedious. I didn't run into any problems and everything seemed pretty clear and concise the whole way through (though the pillar puzzle is a bit difficult to figure out, I feel). Not too challenging but those Raptors can cause problems if you're unable to find a way to evade them, unless of course you're armed. Awesome work as always, TresGuy. :)