InGen Compound ~ New Trespasser Mod (RELEASED pg. 1)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

InGen Compound ~ New Trespasser Mod (RELEASED pg. 1)

Post by TrespasserGuy »

I've decided to take a break from Dark Jungle and focus some of my effort into a side mod that's tentatively called "InGen Compound"
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Click on Image

InGen Compound will be a relatively short mod to play through that includes a lot of neat puzzles and exploration.

Some of you have seen previews of this either on the Discord or through PMs, but I've decided to create a public thread for it to increase the hype 8) .
Last edited by TrespasserGuy on Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: InGen Compound ~ New Trespasser Mod

Post by tatu »

Ohh, snowy mountains!

I like how you are using PV assets :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by morningstarring »

looks really good!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:I like how you are using PV assets :)
Those are hppav's models from his PV remake, I think. I was going to say I'm surprised to see them put to use again!
As I've said before, I like the snowy mountains, very original. I need to make some more MegaJungle stuff for levels like this...
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

TheIdiot wrote:
tatu wrote:I like how you are using PV assets :)
Those are hppav's models from his PV remake, I think. I was going to say I'm surprised to see them put to use again!
As I've said before, I like the snowy mountains, very original. I need to make some more MegaJungle stuff for levels like this...
Yep, those are indeed hppav's updated models, however there were some problems with the control building that I had to fix in max. I'm glad everyone likes the snowcapped mountains :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

This looks quite promising. Without any spoilers, what puzzle-ness are you planning for the level? Varieties or complexness...
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Click on Image
So I just wanted to let people on the forums know that this mod is still in the works. I've been giving some updates here and there on the TresCom Discord. Draconisaurus also did a lengthy playthrough of the unreleased version that I gave him on the streaming channel. Some of the Discord members joined to watch and they all liked what we had to show off. Here's a screenshot of one of the puzzle areas that seem very familiar, albeit with a face-lift 8)

ETA of the mod should be by the end of this month, if all goes well.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Still really liking the look of this, and I'm pumped to see the finished result. No idea what it'll be like but it looks pretty damn good so far. :wink:
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Click on Image
And here it is! InGen Compound is ready to play after 1.5 years of development. :) Hope you all enjoy as you explore this mysterious abandoned facility...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3vu8zex1 ... e.rar/file
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: InGen Compound ~ New Trespasser Mod (RELEASED pg. 1)

Post by Rebel »

I plan on downloading it as soon as my connection stops dropping. It's been going on for a week now. Looks pretty damn cool though -
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

Spoiler: show
That's a cool way to open a gate :) I haven't seen this puzzle in other custom levels although i haven't played them all. Took me a while to figure it out. Initially i tried to parkour my way inside the compound and after trying out some other ideas i finally solved it :) Then i got jump scared by a raptor after doing some more puzzle solving. I found a keycard and a corpse but i had to stop playing for now. Will check out the rest as soon as i can
tatu

Post by tatu »

Rebel wrote:I plan on downloading it as soon as my connection stops dropping. It's been going on for a week now. Looks pretty damn cool though -
I've uploaded it on TresCom as well, so maybe you can download it and just resume it after the connection drops :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Congratulations on the release!
So...let me just say that this level is fantastic, as I'm sure you're aware from my reaction to the beta test. I gave it a replay and still thoroughly enjoyed everything about it - the cutscenes, the locations, pacing, unique puzzles (the gate puzzle strongly reminds me of one classic moment from the Lost World PS1 game), dino action in reasonable amounts. It's just awesome, and not too long, either. Perfectly paced in my opinion! I especially enjoyed the originality and the way things were pointed out in a not-too-obvious fashion in order to make everything run smoothly, which feels very much like it was all very well thought-out. The lab is especially cool with the original assets and the animated cephalopod-thing in the tank. If I was still doing proper reviews, this level would be a 10/10 without question. Great work as always, TresGuy. :D
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I finally got it downloaded a while ago. That freakin' raptor killed me, the 1st time I got killed in ages! I'm still looking for someone with a little something I need. I really
like the level so far, and I'm a big fan of puzzles as I imagine most have surmised. So far, so good, T.G. Got work in 6 hrs., so I'll pick this up after work tomorrow. Your
opening was clever btw, it was something that I considered for the prequel, but never did. I'm glad you implemented it, quite cool. ;)
Spoiler: show
Double_G wrote:That's a cool way to open a gate :) I haven't seen this puzzle in other custom levels although i haven't played them all. Took me a while to figure it out. Initially i tried to parkour my way inside the compound and after trying out some other ideas i finally solved it :)
That was one clever puzzle. I'll be honest, I solved it by mistake. Great idea.
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

I just finished my playthrough and i'm really impressed. It has a proper, animated intro and outro, interesting and clever puzzles and a lot of details everywhere. This is easily one of the best custom levels i've ever played :)