TresCom Forums
http://www.trescomforum.org/

Jurassic Park: Escape from Site B
http://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11720
Page 1 of 1

Author:  TrespasserGuy [ Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:50 am ]
Post subject:  Jurassic Park: Escape from Site B

So, this is just a little idea I had for a new Trespasser mod. The working title is JURASSIC PARK: Escape from Site B. The premise of the mod is that you are a United State Marine that was part of the Isla Sorna rescue operation at the end of JPIII. While flying over the island in search of other survivors, the helicopter you are riding in gets attacked by the Pteranodons that escaped from the Aviary. The helicopter then crashes onto the island, killing the pilot and your fellow soldiers, leaving you stranded on Isla Sorna. With no way to contact the Navy you are forced to find your own way off the island, and fend off dinosaur attacks and traverse dangerous terrain along the way. Because this mod takes place immediately after the end of JPIII, this mod intends to show some of the locations from that movie, along with other additions from the franchise.

I've asked someone from the TresCom discord to model me the InGen river boat, and I gotta say it turned out great.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image

Even though it looks too high-poly its still under Tres' threshold, plus the boat is broken up into submodels.

So, that's pretty much the premise of the mod. I don't even know if it'll become a reality, because it's just an idea for now. The river boat however, will eventually be made available for everyone, just gotta get it textured.

Author:  TheIdiot [ Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jurassic Park: Escape from Site B

Sounds interesting, that river boat looks quite good as well. Wish there were more modelling volunteers when I was doing RTJP - we might have actually gotten a full level finished in that case! Didn't you already do "Escape from The Lost World"? Perhaps a slightly different name is in order to avoid confusion.

And I have to say that the plot reminds me a lot of JPDS's, with one of its focuses having been showing the JP3 and TLW locations and the helicopter being downed by pteranodons. Do you intend on doing the Embryonics Administration compound and aviary? Those are rather large tasks on their own, let alone as part of a greater mod. I do worry that this sounds like it might be another JPDS/RTJP, where the scale is simply beyond what is realistic (unless of course there are people willing to model all of that stuff...we do have a fair number of TLW/JP3 assets already made, fortunately). If you're putting all of this in one single smaller level, it might be a bit more reasonable, however.

Author:  LIX666 [ Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jurassic Park: Escape from Site B

story reminds a little to the telltale's jurassic park, but without the drama part... which is nice.

Author:  tatu [ Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jurassic Park: Escape from Site B

It would be nice to see this idea into some playable level(s). But even if not, it is nice to see people are still coming up with level ideas :)

Author:  killer89 [ Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jurassic Park: Escape from Site B

LIX666 wrote:
story reminds a little to the telltale's jurassic park, but without the drama part... which is nice.


Drama Park

Author:  TheIdiot [ Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jurassic Park: Escape from Site B

killer89 wrote:
LIX666 wrote:
story reminds a little to the telltale's jurassic park, but without the drama part... which is nice.

Drama Park

I like the conflict and drama between the characters in the Telltale game. No idea why everyone seems to dislike it so much - it's a lot more investing than the generic pointless action of Jurassic World.
But I see very little semblance between this and Telltale's game, anyway, other than the idea of the rescuers becoming trapped on the island.

Author:  LIX666 [ Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jurassic Park: Escape from Site B

i liked the game nad played it through a few times, but i didn't like the billy yoder storyline, the character went too dark and even though it was a twist, it felt forced or rushed. it also gave the impression that every one of the JP staff was either heroic/idealistic or cowardly/corrupt. i had no issue whatsoever with quicktime events, and i loved the expansion of nedry's storyline. oh, and the troodon nest scene was gruesome and overlapped with my love for the Alien franchise. horrible way to go...


but we're (mostly me..) digressing from the topic, this escape from site b timeline is set a decade after trespasser? so none of the tech that worked in JP2 and trespasser should be running? the cray's are dead, the lightbulbs gone, the electric and electrical equipment fried? in jp3 they havent used any tech from island except the physical manual lock on the bigass doors, aside from the boat.

Author:  TrespasserGuy [ Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jurassic Park: Escape from Site B

LIX666 wrote:
i liked the game nad played it through a few times, but i didn't like the billy yoder storyline, the character went too dark and even though it was a twist, it felt forced or rushed. it also gave the impression that every one of the JP staff was either heroic/idealistic or cowardly/corrupt. i had no issue whatsoever with quicktime events, and i loved the expansion of nedry's storyline. oh, and the troodon nest scene was gruesome and overlapped with my love for the Alien franchise. horrible way to go...


but we're (mostly me..) digressing from the topic, this escape from site b timeline is set a decade after trespasser? so none of the tech that worked in JP2 and trespasser should be running? the cray's are dead, the lightbulbs gone, the electric and electrical equipment fried? in jp3 they havent used any tech from island except the physical manual lock on the bigass doors, aside from the boat.


JPIII takes place in 2001, four years after the events of the Lost World: Jurassic Park. The events of Trespasser take place on May 1, 1998, as evidenced by the date shown on the monitors following the Cray bootup sequence. However, Trespasser's timeline is unique in that it takes events from the first Jurassic Park novel and pairs it up with events from the second Jurassic park film to form a weird hybrid canon. This mod is supposed to take place immediately after JPIII when Grant and the Kirbys are rescued by the US Navy. However, one helicopter search party that was circling the island before the group was found ran into the Pteranodons that had escaped the Aviary. They subsequently crash, stranding a lone survivor that you play as. I'm pretty sure all the facilities on Sorna would be incapable of working after several years of jungle growth and heat.

TheIdiot wrote:
Didn't you already do "Escape from The Lost World"? Perhaps a slightly different name is in order to avoid confusion.


You know, you're right. I was thinking of "Jurassic Park: Lone Survivor", but then realized there's an unrelated movie with that exact same name :sick: Any of you have any good ideas for an alternative title to this mod?

Author:  TheIdiot [ Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jurassic Park: Escape from Site B

Quote:
You know, you're right. I was thinking of "Jurassic Park: Lone Survivor", but then realized there's an unrelated movie with that exact same name :sick: Any of you have any good ideas for an alternative title to this mod?

Hmm...going by the story of a soldier being stranded, "Saving Private Raptor", "Band of Brachios", "The Thin Red Stripe?", "A Beach Too Far", "Apatosaur Now"...I'm sorry, I'll stop now. :P

Maybe something relating to the idea of being stranded or abandoned if you want something totally different? Like "Lost Rescuer" or "The Last Survivor". Neither of those are especially JP-esque, though. Or perhaps you might just do "Escape from Site B" if you want to stick with a similar title.

Author:  Draconisaurus [ Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jurassic Park: Escape from Site B

Whoa, long thread here. But that Raptor Boat is a nice piece of work, in the Era of TI's CE High Poly-ness.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/