Build 96 Industrial Jungle intended path?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

AKatt17
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Build 96 Industrial Jungle intended path?

Post by AKatt17 »

After playing through Build 96 for the first time, I was left wondering what the original plan for the route through this level was supposed to be. I know about the blighted forest and the swamp, but I am unsure where they would have fit in.

So far I can see three possible paths:

1: The known rock puzzle + jump off cliff into pond path that was in the retail.

2: After exiting the rocky gorge, one could sneak out of the level, follow the hills down through all of the billboard/tree sprites and end up exiting at the far end of the valley below the base of the mountain. This area was far more closed off in the retail version with a crashed jeep, a few spots with water and the lone raptor tucked back in there.

3: If I follow the trail that would have led to the Monorail in the retail version, and go up the hill I end up back overlooking the clearing where the Para/TRex fight occurs earlier in the level, leading me to believe that this was a route that was considered.

I am sure that this topic has been discussed before and I imagine that other builds might elaborate on this as well. This makes me even more curious to see what Tatu's Isla Sorna version of IJ will look like with these things factored in!!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Build 96 Industrial Jungle intended path?

Post by TheIdiot »

Check out the earlier builds (PC Gamer release) - IJ is completely different, and it includes the lake and swamp, as well as some other significant differences. The deep gorge with the Raptor lair did not exist originally. Reading the walkthrough, the blighted forest would likely have filled the area around where the Steven Spielberg dropping car easter egg is - you would have been climbing on the sides of the gorge instead of being down inside of it. Overall the route was still pretty much identical, but there were some major differences. :wink:
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

2: After exiting the rocky gorge, one could sneak out of the level, follow the hills down through all of the billboard/tree sprites and end up exiting at the far end of the valley below the base of the mountain. This area was far more closed off in the retail version with a crashed jeep, a few spots with water and the lone raptor tucked back in there.
If you give IJ in Build 55 or earlier a check, the terrain towards PV was actually modified to be climbable. This won't be featured in Isla Sorna for now though.
3: If I follow the trail that would have led to the Monorail in the retail version, and go up the hill I end up back overlooking the clearing where the Para/TRex fight occurs earlier in the level, leading me to believe that this was a route that was considered.
Combining the terrains gives an impression there could've been a path between PH monorail site, IT west gate and possibly IJ2.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oye. The monorail terminus does have a geothermal icon hanging on it. I suppose some of the low dips in earlier IJ2 builds could be from that.

PS - not sure if AK knows where to find the old builds. I myself have to use Tatu's personal storage to figure it out. :lol:
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Draconisaurus wrote:PS - not sure if AK knows where to find the old builds. I myself have to use Tatu's personal storage to figure it out. :lol:
They are right here :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh, nice. What about the retail- and TresEd-compatible files?